Chapter 1

Doodles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunji goes to grab her lunch from her backpack when she notices one of her notebooks is missing. She frowns as she pulls her backpack onto her desk for a better look. Digging through her things, she freezes when she realizes exactly which notebook is missing. With wide and panicked eyes, Eunji glances around the room. She needs to find that notebook now. 

 

As she’s looking around, Eunji’s heart stops when she locks eyes with Yoon Bomi, who’s holding the exact black notebook Eunji was looking for. Oh no. Oh no no no no. 

 

Eunji can only watch as Bomi walks over to her desk, the notebook dangling innocent from her fingers. By the time Bomi stands in front of her, Eunji is feeling a little faint. Maybe if she’s lucky she’ll just pass out and avoid this altogether. 

 

“Hey, Eunji, right?” Bomi asks. She’s wearing one of those pretty smiles that makes Eunji’s stomach tie itself in knots. 

 

“Yeah,” Eunji nods, trying to play it cool. “What’s up?”

 

“I think this is yours,” Bomi says. She holds out the notebook to her, but when Eunji reaches for it, she pulls it back, just out of reach. Her smile becomes mischievous, and it does nothing to help the way Eunji’s stomach is now doing flips. “I noticed something funny about it though,” Bomi tells her, and that’s when Eunji knows she’s going to have to change her name and transfer schools. 

 

Eunji tries to play dumb. She tries to grab the notebook again, and when she fails, she forces a smile and says, “Funny? It’s just some notes for class in there.”

 

“Oh really?” Bomi asks. She looks way too happy as she flips open to a page before setting it down on the desk for Eunji to see. 

 

Eunji flinches as she stares down at her own handwriting. Littered across the two pages were variations of the same thing. Jeong Eunji + Yoon Bomi ♡. Jeong Bomi. Yoon Eunji. Yoon Bomi’s full name is the world's cutest-cute-soft-y Yoon Bomi. All accompanied with plenty of hearts and doodles of the two of them. 

 

Suddenly, desperately, Eunji wishes the earth would open up and swallow her up right then and there. 

 

It had started as a harmless joke. Eunji was bored during class one day when her eyes had landed on Bomi, one row over and two seats ahead. She’s always had a bit of a crush on the other girl, but she never really pursued her because she didn’t think she had a chance. So instead, bored as she was, Eunji has jokingly written their names together with a heart, just to see how they looked. 

 

To her surp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter