Love Story [Oneshoot]

Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sunggyu, you're handling the news from mayor office, right? Could you checked again? Seems like the PR put wrong info.”

Sunggyu tapped his phone screen, waiting a reply from his friend.

“Clear. His boss approved." Sunggyu showed the reply to the editor from his workplace.

“Okay, then i'll put everything in." Then, the 30 years old man clapped his shoulder.

“Hey, Woohyun!”

“Hm?”

“Let's lunch together. You'll take a rest later, right?”

Woohyun, the editor, giving 'ok' signal with his thumb and forefinger. “Call me when you got hungry.”

 

We were both young when I first saw you

His name is Nam Woohyun. A career oriented, 30 years old editor. He working hard to get money. No wonder in this young age, he's a head editor for city tabloid.

Meanwhile, Kim Sunggyu, a 32 years man that trying journalist world for long time, must be satisfied as executive editor. Sound cool, right? But trust Sunggyu, it didn't as cool as it sound. He's aiming for more prestigious position, like the chief or head of advertising. As long as it's powerful enough to stand him, that's what Sunggyu want. It's a pity more senior journalist were there, sitting on the throne instead of him.

 

They came from different major. Woohyun works part time as a journalist when he study literature in university, meanwhile Sunggyu didn't go to any college for classic reason, money. Woohyun is the one who bring him to this point.

Yes, his childhood friend that got special place in his life. Not only showing opportunities to pursue a career, but also charmed Sunggyu that make him fall.

Fall into a one side love that as sweet and sour as strawberry.

 

 

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

Sunggyu stretched, closed his eyes for a moment to refresh himself after staring at the laptop screen for so long. He remembered that the first time Woohyun saw him, these unique eyes were what connected them.

 

 

I'm standin' there, On a balcony in summer air

“Sunggyu, do you like the party?” Sunggyu nodded happily. His family moved recently to better house. There's a terrace to relax and veranda in his room.

 

 

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

Even though this housewarming party isn't that important to his family, the new neighborhood was so friendly. The neighbor head, who paid for the whole party, said that this was a welcoming gift. After all, their small complec did like festive events. Balloons, sweet cakes, glasses of cold juice also flared up with the crowd. Immersed in the joy of welcoming a new neighbor.

 

 

See you make your way through the crowd

A boy in red appeared in front of Sunggyu, holding the neighbor head hand. Sunggyu tightened his hug on the large teddy bear, a gift from Mrs. Shin, the fat and cheerful lady next door.

 

 

And say, "Hello"

"Woohyun, this is the second child of our new neighbor."

Although still holding tight, a big smile showed his white teeth. "Hi. My name is Nam Woohyun! ”

 

 

Little did I know

That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles

"My name is Sunggyu."

Woohyun waved his hand. Sunggyu's father smiled from a distance, happy that Sunggyu talked to other people when he wasn't there.

"Sunggyu, why are your eyes so small? Can you see me clearly?"

"Woohyun!" Giving a pinch criticizing the boy next to him, Mr. Nam stared in panic at Sunggyu who was crying loudly.

 

 

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

"Sunggyu, what's wrong?" Sunggyu's father approached then got immediate hugged from his son. The teddy bear slipped out of his grip.

"Gosh, I'm sorry, sir. My son can't keep his words." Mr. Nam is as confused as Sunggyu's father, because now it's not just Sunggyu who is crying. Woohyun also started to sob, feeling guilty for making his new friend sad.

"Take him away first, Mr. Nam. Sunggyu seems to be tired too, he hasn't taken a nap. Maybe the children are tired of playing."

 

 

So I sneak out to the garden to see you

"Shh, Sunggyu, here!" Sunggyu crept out of his house, approaching Woohyun who was waving behind a bush. This afternoon they promised to play fireworks in the park with Myungsoo, Sungyeol and his younger brother Sungjong.

Actually, Sunggyu can't go out pass 7 pm by his parents. But, Sunggyu's 15 years old. Of course he also wants to play freely like Woohyun and their other friends. They're all grown up anyway. Small things like playing fireworks in the park at eight in the evening are not worth to worrying.

 

 

We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew

So close your eyes

Escape this town for a little while

 

"Have you brought a match?" Sunggyu nodded, showing two matchbox sticks from his shorts pocket.

They ran silently. Arriving at the suburban park not far from home, they laughed out loud.

Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong were waiting with a pack of fireworks and a bucket of water in the middle.

With their passionate joy, they lit fireworks, screaming as the flames sprangled.

 

 

 

'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

“Sunggyu! Gosh, I've been looking everywhere. Why didn't you tell me?" Sunggyu's father and his sister got off the bike, approaching Sunggyu, who a moment ago was still happy to play with his friend.

Sunggyu's smile disappeared. He then dipped the fireworks which were still burning in water, causing a hiss.

"Let's go home. You guys go home too. Nights like these are not good for children to play."

Sunggyu let his father pulled his body. Even though his face was sad, he still turned around to say goodbye to his friends.

"Sorry, uncle. I'm the one who invited Sunggyu to play together. Please don't scold Sunggyu, uncle?"

The man didn't respond to Woohyun, only told them to go home.

 

 

 

But you were everything to me

I was beggin' you, "Please don't go," and I said

 

“Stop it, Woohyun. What a whiny for you to cry because of that." Sunggyu rubbed Woohyun's shoulder which was still shaking.

“You don't understand, Sunggyu! I really like her. I even folded origami cranes as a surprise on our 22nd day anniversary, but she dumped me instead. I'm really sad."

Sunggyu scratched his head in confusion. While studying earlier, Woohyun jumped onto the porch of his room with a face full of tears, only to talk about a relationship that had run aground for no apparent reason.

"Stop it. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter