23: Necklace

Daisy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"In every rule there is an exception. "

Seulgi crosses another day on her calendar, a sign of nearing the day of the last full moon of the spring.

"What does that mean?"

She turned around and lightly smiled at Irene 

"Us"

"Will you spend this year's spring with me?"

"I am... Have I not been beside you since day 1?"

"You are... always been"

----------

When, Seulgi was packing for her stuff before she left their house, there she found a daisy-like necklace.  She flipped it and behind was an engraved name, probably the owner of the necklace, Bae Ahreum. There, she remembered jersey #43 softball player, her id theif, dropped it the time when the first big commotion happened at the campus because of his bother's doing.


The closest she can get to see her again is Lisa. She tried to contact her but even her is nowhere to be found. 

Seulgi dropped by each of her friend's house to ask them for Lisa's address or if they are aware of Ahreum's place too.

But none of these questions were answered.

She stopped by province to province until one train stop. A familiar face caught her eye.

It will be five minutes til the train runs again. She knew she could've mistaken the woman but she cannot risk. Of all the certainties, Seulgi trusted the uncertainty, her feelings. She carried her bag with her and followed the woman to where she was going.

The closer she gets, the higher the possibility it was her, Ahreum.

She followed the girl to the market. Bought the same fruits, the same, bread, the same milk and the same meat.

One vendor was eyeing her. Seulgi knew the vendor might be suspicious of her actions. She is new to the village and may be this is where Ahreum was raised.

"You are new here aren't you?"

"Not really, I was just checking by the market. I haven't been here for such a long time since I have been studying in other city for years."

"If so, then why don't you just ask to be toured by her around our village town. You should know her"

"Uhm no need, I can go by my side plus I dont want to bother other people."

"You sure you're not bothering every vendor here for obviously following her?"

"Am I?"

The vendor lifted her axe-like sized knife and chopped the meat hardly as if threatening her.

"LEAVE OR WE WILL CUT YOU OFF ALIVE"

Seulgi shivers in fear, arm linked her arms suddenly.

"Hello, madame, can we not raise our voice to our dear visitor. She is my friend. Please be polite so we can attract more tourists in our town."

"Oh, I'm sorry dear."

The vendor packed the meat Seulgi bought and caressed her hand as an apology.

Seulgi have a disappointed smile.

"Let's go" says the girl.

They walked far enough from the market, so they could finally talk.

"Seulgi, what are you doing here?"

"Lisa..."

"How are you these days?"

"You were here all this time, why can't I reach you. No one in our squad knew which province you came from..."

"You're not even answering any of my questions."

"It's Ahreum...I came here for her"

"Do you have your phone with you? Check the signal."

Seulgi checked.

"See, that's the reason you can't reach me, there is no signal here"

"Why do you sound mad?"

"I am not, I was just explaining."

"How long will you stay here? When will the two of you go back to the city? It will be another semester soon. The national sports league is also happening soon. Does Ahreum know this?"

"You know Seulgi...that"

"That?"

"Nevermind."

Lis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter