Chapter one

Always a Hello, never a Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Cursing under his breath, Jinwoo watched as his phone slipped out of his hand, letting it drop into the water. His eyes were opened wide, as he fumbled with his hands, trying to stop it from landing into the water.

 

      ” No!” he cried out in horror. My newly bought phone! It is expensive!

 

      Jinwoo snapped back into reality as his phone dropped into the water with a ’plop’. Panicking, he dashed into the ocean, trying to rescue his phone despite the freezing cold water, not worrying one bit about not having new clothes to change into. 

 

       The ocean was deep and the sea level was just above his shoulders, leaving only his head exposed to the air. He spread his arms, as he reached out for the ground, feeling as if there was anything under his touch as he dipped his head under. 

 

    Walking his way around the ocean, Jinwoo finally felt a hard substance on the sea bed. Fishing it out of the water, he smiled triumphantly as he saw his beloved phone.

 

      ” I found it!” Jinwoo said gleefully, as he went back to the shore with his foot, touching the sandy ground as he got out of the water. 

 

      Shivering as he pressed on the ’on’ button, he later discovered that it couldn't be . 

 

      Panic-stricken, he muttered a few curse words as he lightly hit on the phone, hoping that it would help while praying. 

 

      However, much to his disappointment, it didn't work. Groaning in annoyance, he glared at the phone while blaming himself for being so clumsy. 

 

    The wind blew and Jinwoo shivered.

 

    The sun shone brightly on him, causing him to squint his eyes, while shielding his face with his hand. 

 

     Right, it is summer season now. Recalling those times he had when he was younger, Jinwoo smiled sadly. 

 

     All his youth was spent with someone, and yet that person, Bomi, chose to abandon him. Regrets filled him like a tidal sea. 

 

     Clenching his jaw, Jinwoo vowed to never give someone his heart that easily. To never make the same mistake he made years ago. He doesn't want to experience the same heartbreak he got ever again. 

 

     Sadly, part of him still can't let go of her. Her face, her alluring smile appears in his dreams every night, making him unable to sleep properly since the time they broke up.

 

     Why, just why? 

 

     Because he spent five years with him? Thinking of how broken he made him, Jinwoo gripped on his white top, cursing that guy internally. 

 

    Jinwoo sighed. Maybe if his life was like a flower, a daisy, everything would be better.

 

    He went to the beach in hopes to get his mind off his ex while looking at the scenery but in the end, he got his phone broken, and another time to remember about his past. 

 

     Just great.

 

     Ruffling his hair, Jinwoo realised that he did not bring an extra set of clothing and not to say, a towel for him to dry himself. If he knew that this would happen, he would have definitely brought a new set of clean clothes for him to change into.

 

      He was sure, unlucky today. 

 

      Realising that he could do nothing to solve it, Jinwoo decided to just hop onto his car in search of a repair shop after he was dry to see if his damaged phone could be repaired. 

 

     Stepping out of his car, Jinwoo spotted a repair shop at a distance. 

 

     Exhaling a breath that he didn't realise he was holding, he headed to the repair shop, praying that it would all turn out well. 

 

     As Jinwoo opened the door to the shop, he was immediately greeted by a cold gush of air making him shudder. In front of him stood a black-haired guy behind the counter table smiling at him before welcoming him. 

 

    Seeing Jinwoo quivering, he quickly discovered that he was wet, his smile turning to a frown. He rushed to Jinwoo, asking with his concerned eyes,” Are you alright? Do you feel cold? Ah silly me, you are shivering, definitely you would feel cold!” 

 

     Feeling embarrassed, the guy scratched the back of his neck cutely.

 

    Turning his head towards the voice, Jinwoo soon learned that it was the guy at the counter. Catching the guy's action he does when he is embarrassed, Jinwoo showed a small smile at him. He’s cute. Captivated in his looks, he immediately drowned into his own thoughts. 

 

      He looks absolutely stunning with his white hair and thick lips. Able to capture anyone by the heart with those beautiful eyes of his. 

 

     Jinwoo snapped back into reality as he saw a slender hand waving in front of his eyes. Looking up at the guy whom he noted was Seungyoon after seeing the name tag on his uniform, he asked,” What did you say just now? I'm sorry, I missed it.” 

 

      Jinwoo felt his cheeks heating up, blushing badly as he avoided eye contact with Seungyoon.

 

    Chuckling at Jinwoo’s response, Seungyoon explained while looking at him,” I said that you look cold so do you want to go inside the room to warm yourself up first?”, raising his eyebrows at him.

 

     “ Take a picture, it lasts longer,” as Seungyoon winked at Jinwoo, he continued.

 

    Jinwoo blushed a deeper shade of red, before nodding, not being able to form words as he kept his mouth agape. He watched as Seungyoon grinned and led him to another area before handing him a towel to wipe himself clean. 

 

    Staring at Seungyoon raking through the drawer, Jinwoo was surprised to see him holding a set of clothing as Seungyoon tossed it to him. With his eyes wide open, he questioned him, puzzled,” Why are you giving this to me?” 

 

    Seungyoon chortled,” For you to change into dry clothes of course.” Cute, he thought. 

 

    Uttering an ’oh’ back at him, Jinwoo accepted the clothes that were thrown to him and enquired about where the toilet was. 

 

    Smirking, Seungyoon responded in a teasing manner,” No need for the bathroom, you can just change here.” 

 

    Jinwoo glared at him, before feeling that his body had gone hot because of his remark. 

 

    Letting out a burst of laughter, Seungyoon raised his hand up and turned around, signalling that he wouldn't peek at Jinwoo changing. 

 

    Jinwoo took it as a cue to start changing and changed his clothes that he was wearing with the one that Seungyoon gave him. 

 

     It smells floral and citrusy, just like how Seungyoon smelt like. 

 

     Taking a whiff of it, he instantly felt comfortable. Immediately, he imagined himself cuddling with Seungyoon, smelling him when they are spooning with each other.

 

      What am I even thinking? I don't even know him that well yet. There is surely something wrong with me lately.

 

       Pulling himself together, he told Seungyoon,” I’m done, you can turn around now.“ 

 

    As Seungyoon turned around, he grinned as he saw Jinwoo wearing his clothes. 

 

    He sure does look good on my clothes, he thought, beaming. 

 

     Extending his hand, he said,” I’m Seungyoon, nice to meet you.“ 

 

    “ And I am Jinwoo. Nice to meet you too,” Jinwoo replied, as he too, extended his hand to shake Seungyoon’s hand. Noting that his hands are significantly pinker than others, his eyes twinkling at him before striking a conversation again. “ I came here to ask you to help me fix my phone as I accidentally dropped it into the sea. I was wondering if you are able to fix it?” he stated. 

 

    Hearing Jinwoo’s words, Seungyoon beamed at him,” So that is why you got drenched earlier. I am able to help you repair your phone however, it will take quite a bit of time. Would you be fine with it? In the meantime, I can offer you a temporary phone.”

 

    Jinwoo thought for a while, pondering on whether to accept Seungyoon’s offer. Directing an ’okay’ to him, he waited for his response while he looked at him in his eyes.

 

    Grinning, Seungyoon went over to the counter with Jinwoo following him behind. He rummaged through the drawers as he fished out a phone. 

 

    He showed Jinwoo the phone while starting,” Do you mind me lending my spare phone to you as a temporary phone?”

 

     Seeing Jinwoo shaking his head, Seungyoon grinned as he typed something on the phone before handing it over. ”This is my phone number, do call me when you need something,” he said with a gleam of delight in his eyes. 

 

    Nodding once again, Jinwoo took the phone on Seungyoon’s hand and thanked him. However before he could leave, he sneezed, not being able to stop it. Sneezing once again, his ears went red in embarrassment.

 

    Seungyoon looked at him worriedly, his eyes going soft, before leading Jinwoo back to the same room he changed his clothes in. He made Jinwoo sit down on the couch, covering him up with a blanket. Pouring warm water into a mug, Seungyoon looked at him, gesturing to him to drink. 

 

    Jinwoo stared blankly at him, confused as to what was happening as he let out another ’achoo’.

 

    Noticing Jinwoo's confusion, Seungyoon said in a caring manner,” You better stay here tonight. It seems like you caught a really bad cold. Drink up,” as he gave Jinwoo an eye smile.

 

    Jinwoo hesitated before bringing up the mug to his lips and carefully sipped on the warm water, wary of Seungyoon. He did not want to bother Seungyoon by staying here when he helped him so much already.

 

    The warm water soothed his throat, making him feel comfortable, sighing as he felt content.

 

    ” Do you want to talk about some topics? So that we can be more comfortable around each other?” Seungyoon said, breaking the silence, while fidgeting with his hand. 

 

    Thinking that it was a good idea, Jinwoo nodded, as he asked a couple of questions. 

 

    Jinwoo soon learnt that Seungyoon is a few years younger than him and he loves to play his guitar as a hobby; it brings him joy.

 

    This room was where Seungyoon would often take small breaks in between his work and sometimes he would stay in the store for a couple of nights.

 

     After talking for a long time, Jinwoo felt sleepy, and without knowing, his eyes slowly closed. 

 

    Just as he was about to lose consciousness, he heard someone whispering to him,” Good night.” With that, he went to dreamland, knocked out unconscious.

 

     Seungyoon smiles softly at the view in front of him. Jinwoo sitting on the couch with his eyes closed, at peace. 

 

     He carried Jinwoo and laid him down on the couch so that he wouldn’t be uncomfortable sleeping sitting up. 

 

     He looks like an angel sleeping like this, I definitely can’t wake him up, Seungyoon thought, as he ruffles Jinwoo’s hair lightly, finding him cute. 

 

    Was it infatuation? Or was it just nothing? 

 

    Why does his heart flutter for him? Why does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter