Fin.

winter or not, I wish to have you in my arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hasty steps fill the new dorm, coinciding with soft calling for a certain person coming from the Tochigi lady. Hitomi scurries off to the laundry area. She has searched through the living room, the kitchen, members’ rooms, and the bathroom. 

 

The laundry area is Hitomi’s last hope. 

 

There is a chance that she went out with other members for dinner, but Hitomi remembers the last text sent by her in their group chat, informing others that she will be staying in their dorm for the night. 

 

Hitomi heaves a sigh of relief when she slides open the door. 

 

“There you are, unnie.” 

 

Chaeyeon diverts her gaze from the moving washing machine to Hitomi.

 

“Hiichan? Not joining others for dinner?”

 

Hitomi shrugs. “Not feeling it tonight.” Hitomi walks closer towards her unnie. She tilts her head slightly, resting on her unnie’s shoulder. 

 

Chaeyeon wraps one arm around Hitomi’s waist casually, a simple gesture that keeps Hitomi warm in her embrace (and warmth in the Japanese heart.) 

 

“Are you not going to eat again? Look at you! You’re already thin. There’s no need to be strict with your diet.” Chaeyeon tuts, poking Hitomi’s firm abs with her finger.

 

The stomach growls in return.    

 

Hitomi looks down in panic. 

 

She smiles meekly. Those fluffy cheeks tinted with rose pink aggravate as she catches the narrowed gaze from her unnie. 

 

Chaeyeon grins innocently, threats and presage hidden beneath the enigmatic smile. 

 

“To the kitchen we go.”

______________________________________________________________________

 

“Ahh, unnie~” 

 

“This is the last bite.”

 

“I’m full! Very full!” Hitomi pouts, staring at Chaeyeon with her puppy eyes. 

 

She slowly backs away from the spoonful of rice that Chaeyeon is holding.

 

Determined, Chaeyeon leans in with the food. “Hiichan~ It’s just a small bite! Finish it and we’re done!”  

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise. Look! The plate is empty.” 

 

Hitomi exhales. She opens reluctantly, frowning as she looks into Chaeyeon’s brown eyes in defeat. 

 

A soft kiss lands on Hitomi’s forehead after she gives in to Chaeyeon’s persuasion. 

 

The sudden gesture followed by a gentle pat on her head has never failed to make Hitomi’s heart flutter.

 

“Good job, our Hiichan.” 

 

Hitomi huffs, turning her head aside. Seeing the big smile plastered on Chaeyeon’s face, it is no doubt that her cheeks are blushing again. 

 

Silently, Chaeyeon gets up from her seat and takes the plates to the kitchen, with Hitomi trailing behind. 

 

Hitomi offers her help to soap up those dirty plates while Chaeyeon washes them.

 

“It would be great if Wonyoung and Yuri help me out with chores like you do.”  

 

Hitomi chuckles, listening to her unnie’s amusing gripes about their fellow dormmates. 

 

Chaeyeon continues, “Those two,” shaking her head faintly, “They never clean up the mess they've made around the dorm." 

 

“Because they know they won’t be in big trouble as long as they’re rooming with mama Chae instead of mama Eun.”

 

The older one frowns, mouth forming an “O” shape. She looks at Hitomi in disbelief, can't believe what she just heard. 

 

“What?! This is bullying!”

 

Hitomi laughs louder. Chaeyeon with her puffed out cheeks looks like an adorable big plushie in a way.

 

“Don’t laugh! This is not funny.”


“You’ve got to help me dealing with those kids, leader of maknae line.” Chaeyeon pouts.

 

“It’s leader of 01z, unnie.” Hitomi looks askance at her unnie. Her lips pull out to the sides awkwardly, showing a perfect row of teeth that looks insanely awkward— a cringe. Hitomi is cringing. 

 

“Oh- “ Chaeyeon widens her eyes upon realising her mistake, dropping her jaws while immediately whips her head towards Hitomi and mutters a few sorry.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk, whatever unnie.” Not giving her unnie a single glance, Hitomi finishes her task and excuses herself to the bathroom. Chaeyeon lets out a sigh like a defeated puppy as she takes care of the rest of the deed.  

______________________________________________________________________

 

After washing up herself, Hitomi quickly changes into a pair of comfortable pajamas and goes out to check on the now-occupied bathroom. She leans in her ear to the door.

 

“ステップを踏む そっと優しく”

 

“Merry-Go-Round みたい...” 

 

As if the shower is her stage, Chaeyeon is singing freely and even maybe dancing in the bathroom. (There are a lot of splash sounds according to the mochi girl.) 

 

“This part really suits her.” Hitomi’s lips curl up upon hearing Chaeyeon singing the song that she composed. 

 

To Hitomi, Chaeyeon is an ace. She can sing, dance, cook, draw; basically do everything she wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter