One Shot- I Want To Be Free

I Want To Be Free

One-shot Story: I Want To Be Free

Asahina Megumi POV:

I'm Asahina Megumi. My father is the boss of an insurance company. My mother is a famous lawyer. With my parents status, I'm the princess of a rich family. Piano, violin, ballet, calligraphy, swimming and academics. Of course, this isn't all. I still have an endless amount of subjects on list waiting for me to learn. Therefore, my schedule is always full. Because of my life, I've always want to be free. Free from the cage. But I'm like a bird being locked up. Can't escape. No freedom.

.......................................................................................................................................

"Milady, we have come to pick you up." Said her butler, whom was wearing a black suit. He laid a red carpet to the car.

"Good work." Megumi handed her bag to him while stepping on the carpet.

Whisperings could be heard from a distance. Some girls were jealous of her for looking so pretty and ladylike. A young and good looking guy looked at Megumi with anxiety.

"Milady, how's your school today?" Megumi butler asked while Megumi entered the black Mercedes.

"As usual." Megumi said formally.

"Then your schedule for today." Said her butler while taking his notebook from his jacket. "Today, you'll have violin lessons at 3pm to 4.30pm. Then you'll have your tea break from 4.30pm to 5pm. After that, your piano lessons will start from 5pm to 6.30pm. You'll have your dinner until 7pm after your piano lesson. Lastly, you'll have a night party at Tainaka-sama's residence with the master."

"Hmm.... Father is going to the party? What a guy. If there's business, he'll definitely be presence." Megumi crossed her arms. "Makes me sick."

"Milady, you should not say that. After all, he's still your father."

"Hmph, I wonder if he even cares for me." Megumi turned to face the window and looked out into the sky with hurt. While she was looking out, her chauffeur looked at her with pity through the mirror.

At 8.30pm, in the mansion of Tainaka, the riches were dressed in formal suits and dresses. Elegant and pretty ladies in long dresses, dancing with their smart and good looking partners.

At the balcony, Megumi and Mr. Asahina were sitting next to each other watching the riches dancing. Vivid colours were shown dancing but Megumi drown herself in boredom.

Mr. Tainaka saw Megumi looked bored and dull, went up to her, "What's wrong with the lady of Asahina? Does this kind of dance bores you?"

Megumi jumped in surprised. "Ah, no."

"The next successor of Asahina Insurance Company. I have high expectations of you. Making great business blossom, just like your father. This would be very admirable!" Mr. Tainaka smiled.

"Thank you very much." Megumi bowed at him.

The next day, Megumi went to the roof top of her school. She breathed the fresh air as she stretched herself. A guy was sitting next to the door and Megumi had not noticed him. He watched her looking up into the sky with a sad face.

"What's with that face? Asahina-sama?" The guy spoke.

Megumi jumped in fright and she sharply turned to him, "Don't scare me! Anyway, whatever kind of face I make doesn't matter to you right?"

The guy covered his ears and Megumi grasped when she realised about her behaviour. "I'm very sorry." Megumi bowed.

"Ah, it's okay. I'm Yamamoto Ryouhei. It's nice to meet you, Asahina-sama." Ryouhei gave the courtesy stoop.

"Ah..." Megumi felt lesser burden than she was being called by others. But she ignored her feelings and continued admiring the clear blue sky.

Ryouhei noticed her and asked, "Why do you keep looking at the sky so much?"

"Because I want to touch the sky and be free. Free from my father." Megumi simply said while looked at the sky with hopeful eyes.

"You don't like being a rich lady?"

"Who does?! You won't have any freedom, always have to be formal, meeting expectations. It's... It's tiring." After a moment, Megumi grasped and covered .

Ryouhei was shocked. He looked at her with hurtful eyes. "Ah, sorry. Forgot what I had just said." Megumi bowed to him and walked out of the door.

When school was over, Megumi's butler was waiting for her. At a distance, Megumi looked unwilling. When Ryouhei saw Megumi's displease face, he pulled Megumi and ran out of the main gate.

Just as they ran, Megumi's butler saw them and entered the car. The car drove off but it was going at a very slow pace. Soon later, the chauffeur was out of the car to check the engine. By then, Megumi and Ryouhei were out of the butler's sight.

Far away from school, they ended at a shopping district. They stopped and panted. Megumi was panting hardly and Ryouhei smiled at her. When she looked up at him, she gave a weak smile.

"Why did you pulled me?" Megumi asked exhaustedly.

"Sorry. Do you want to return or do you want to enjoy and free yourself? Here's your chance. You better decide." He said in an uncaring tone.

Megumi stopped for a moment. She thought for a while and said in determination, "I... I don't want to go back! I want to be free!!"

Ryouhei smiled and nodded his head. He pulled Megumi to a fast food restaurant. Megumi looked uneasy and lost as she stepped into the restaurant.

Ryouhei guided her to the empty table and pulled the chair out for her to sit. When Megumi sat down, she asked Ryouhei where they were.

"We're in a fast food restaurant. Oh yeah, it's your first time here." Ryouhei said while taking his wallet out. "Did you bring any money with you?"

"Eh? No..." Megumi said quietly. Ryouhei stood up and beckoned her follow. They were at the counter and the cashier was waiting for their order.

"I would like a set meal. Fish. A medium cup of coke as my drinks." Ryouhei ordered. "Megumi, what do you want? Do order whatever you want."

" Eh? Erm... Then... Set meal." Megumi looked uncertain.

"What drinks would you like?" the cashier asked.

Megumi looked around then to Ryouhei. "Same as him... " Megumi pointed to Ryouhei.

The cashier smiled. "Okay, we'll be ready in a while. Please wait for a moment." When everything was ready, Ryouhei took the tray and head back to their table. Megumi stared down at her food while Ryouhei was unwrapping his burger.

Noticed that Megumi was staring at lost at her burger, Ryouhei asked, "Why are you not eating?"

Megumi fidgeted at her seat in beet red. Ryouhei saw her face and started laughing. "Eat it with your hands. They're call fast food because they can be eaten quickly. Unwrap it and just bite them." Ryouhei handed her the burger.

Megumi unwrapped it and took big bites. Ryouhei looked at her, in want of asking how does it taste. Megumi smiled and nodded her head. "It's delicious."

After lunch, they stood outside of an arcade. Megumi looked at the store curiously. "This is an arcade. Wanna go in?" Ryouhei winked at her. Megumi eyes sparkled in delight.

They entered and watched a pair of twins dancing on a dance board. Playing the song of Sakura Kiss by Chieko Kawabe, Megumi beamed.

"Want to try?" Ryouhei asked.

Megumi stepped onto the board when the twins came down. Ryouhei flashed a card and swiped it into a card slot. When Ryouhei pressed the start button, a list came up onto the screen. "Choose a song." Ryouhei said while scrolling the list down.

"Then, I want the song which the twins played." Megumi jumped in excitement.

Ryouhei touched the screen to select Sakura Kiss. When the song started playing, Ryouhei mouthed 'Follow the arrows on the screen' to Megumi. Megumi nodded her head and beamed at the screen with full concentration.

When the game was over, Megumi was overjoyed for the fact that Ryouhei was defeated by her. With that, she unconsciously hugged hm. However, she pushed him away after she realised on what she was doing. Ryouhei and Megumi blushed and turned away to avoid each other's eyes.

A racing machine was spotted by Megumi. They went over and watched two guys racing with each other. "This is a racing game. You have not drive before right? You can try on this." Ryouhei pointed to the machine.

Megumi watched the two guy raced. One guy won the race and joked that his face was a lousy racer. Megumi watched them with a thoughtful and surprised face when they left the seat. Ryouhei slipped in to sit on the seat and called out for Megumi.

Megumi turned and sat down. She touched the steering wheel and grin. "I'm gonna beat up like how I did in dancing!" Megumi confidently told Ryouhei.

Ryouhei smirked, "We'll see about that. I'm a pro in driving. You'll never be able to defeat me!"

"Bring it on!" Megumi said as she was ready for action. The race started and Ryouhei was leading. Megumi looked unsatisfied and hit Ryouhei's car on the back, which lead more disappointment as his car was still at the front.

When the race ended, Ryouhei stick his tongue out at Megumi. Megumi smacked Ryouhei's shoulder playfully with a look of disappointment but relieved.

"What do you want to play next?" Ryouhei asked. Megumi rubbed her stomach and looked around at the machines.

"I'm feeling hungry. Want to grab some food?" Megumi asked Ryouhei. Ryouhei thought for a while and brightened up.

"Follow me!" Ryouhei pulled Megumi by her hand. Just as they stepped out of the arcade, men in black suits stopped and blocked them. Megumi's hands were trembling as she stood behind Ryouhei, tugging his shirt. Ryouhei noticed her shaking and stepped out to stretch out his hands to protect Megumi.

"Milady, we have been looking all over for you. Please return back to the mansion with us. Master is worried about you, so does Madam." The butler stretched out his hand, hoping that Megumi would take his hand and followed him to the car. However, Megumi stepped back and shook her head in rejection.

"There's no way Father would sweat about me! I refuse to return home with you!!"

"You heard the lady! Now scram!!" Ryouhei threatened.

The butlers looked at each other. "Then we have no choice but to use force." The butler announced and the rest attacked Ryouhei.

The fight broke out. However, Ryouhei was hit by a few times. Ryouhei did not give up and continued his fight. Megumi tried to go near them however her butlers stood in front of her, preventing her moving a step more. Megumi painfully shouted at Ryouhei to stop fighting after seeing him being beaten up badly.  Ryouhei was out of breath and when one of the butler gave the last blow, Ryouhei was out cold. Megumi shouted Ryouhei's name loudly and the butlers moved aside. Megumi worriedly rushed over to Ryouhei's side. Ryouhei was injured badly. Megumi gently hugged Ryouhei and placed his head close to her chest. Small drops of tears landed onto Ryouhei's cheeks. Ryouhei called out Megumi's name weakly and Megumi glared at her butlers.

"Ryouhei..." Megumi sobbed. "Bring me to see my father!!"

Just as they stepped into the house, an exquisite lady walked down the stairs and greeted Megumi.

"Mother, I have something to say."

"Wait a moment, Megumi. Your father..." just as Mrs. Asahina mention Megumi's father, an irate Mr. Asahina stomped down the stairs.

"Megumi!! Where have you been?!" Mr. Asahina scolded.

"Father, I need to have a word with you." Megumi poured seriousness and hatred into his eyes with her red, swollen eyes.

"I don’t want to hear anything from you. Go to your room. You will hear your punishment from one of my butlers."

Megumi turned to her butler. "Bring Ryouhei to my room to treat his wound." The butler bowed and head to find the first aid kit.

"Who is that scum?" Mr. Asahina questioned Megumi.

"He's not a scum. He's my first true friend." Megumi coldly answered. She turned and headed to her room with two butlers behind her, carrying an unconscious Ryouhei.

Ryouhei was lying on Megumi's pink bed. Megumi was sitting beside Ryouhei as she bandaged his arm. She gently touched his bruised cheek. After a while, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Megumi called out.

Mrs. Asahina opened the door and stepped into Megumi's room. "Megumi, about today." She said while looking at Ryouhei. "Your father was worried about you." Megumi heard and got anger rose up to her.

"Worried? I don’t believe, that man knows how to worry about others?! Mother, please don’t joke with me."

Mrs. Asahina sighed. "Why are you like this, Megumi?" she asked as she looked at Megumi with sadness.

"Being born from a rich family is not as good as you think. Others may want to, but that's because they did not know how much they would suffer just like me. Formality, a crazy endless list of subjects, expectations. I need personal space. I'm always being drowned with all these, I want to be free. At least for a day, Ryouhei brought me to many places. That was the first time I enjoyed myself. But now..." tears ran down from Megumi's eyes. Mrs. Asahina whipped a tear off Megumi's face and smiled gently at her.

"Your punishment from your father is that you will be grounded. Grounded as in no going of any parties which your father is attending. Not only that, you will have to stay in the library to give a reflection, an apology letter and a request. Here's a little advise for your request; tell your father what you really want to do." Mrs. Asahina winked at Megumi.

Just as Megumi smiled, Ryouhei struggled to get up. Megumi helped him up and he gripped Megumi's hand tightly. "No! Don’t ground Megumi from going to the parties." Ryouhei protested.

Megumi was shocked and Mrs. Asahina tilted her head. "Wh-why?" Megumi asked Ryouhei shockingly.

"I'm sorry, Megumi. It's because...."

........................................................................................................................................

Yamamoto Ryouhei POV:

I was sitting in the black Mercedes. My father was the chauffer of the Asahina family. I was only five and during that time it was one of Asahina family party. Until now, I still could remember the date. It was 5th February, Megumi Asahina's birthday. I entered the mansion and held my father's hand tightly.

A young and cute girl ran up to my father. She had a huge smile on her face and called out to my father. "Masumoto-san, did you bring your son here?! I can't wait to be friends with him!" she excitedly asked.

I stood behind my father but my father pushed me to her. "This is my son, Masumoto Ryouhei. Ryouhei, this is Megumi Asahina-sama, the young princess." I looked at her and blushed.

"Nice to meet you Ryouhei-kun!" she cheerily said. It was love at first sight. Her cuteness, beauty and cheerful character made my heart palpitated. Just then, Mr. Asahina called her. She went to her father's side, dragging me with her, and talked to her father's friends.

"Sorry for the wait, Ryouhei-kun. Come, I'll show you something." She smiled at me again and I blushed. We were standing in front of a door and Megumi opened it slowly. I stood at the door looking amazed and Megumi gave a gratifying smile. There was a piano being bathed under the moonlight. With that calm and joyful atmosphere, it looked as if was calling us to play it. Megumi walked towards the piano and pressed a key. The note rang and she turned to me. She sat down and started playing. For every notes played, I was absorbed by the way she played and the song. It was an indescribable feeling. I was impressed by her and when she finished playing, I applauded.

"It was awesome!!"

"Eh... Ah, thank you very much." My heart skipped a beat as she smiled at me.

"Erm.. Wh-What w-was th-the so-song that yo-you played?!" I blushed as I stammered. "It was amazing!"

"Ah, that was Adagio, a Chopin's piece. It was one of my favourite piece. I think it's still best if it's played with a violin. But, I'm glad that you like it!" she smiled at me after closing the door. It was seriously my first love.

After the party, we had to part. She was still smiling cheerfully at me however I gave her a weak smile. Disappointed as I was, I scrolled out the mansion. Megumi chased me and grabbed my fingers. In tears, she called out my name. "Ryouhei-kun!! We'll see each other again right?"

I embraced her tightly and nodded. As I entered the car, my father was frowning. I tilted my head and asked, "What's wrong?" My father turned to me and gave me a disappointing news.

"I'm sorry Ryouhei, but I am not allowed to bring you to meet Megumi anymore. Master Asahina said he didn’t want any children like you to see Megumi anymore." He explained.

After hearing it, I was devastated. My first love. It ended only for a day, no, it ended within a night. I thought that I would not see her again. However, Goddess of Fate smiled upon us and we met again. It was around the first year of high school. I saw her, standing in front of the class board and I thought to myself, "I will definitely look at you from afar."

............................................................................................................................................

"But... That story was all about Masumoto Ryouhei.... You are Yamamoto Ryouhei... Am I right... Or not." She asked in disbelief.

"My real name is Yamamoto Ryouhei. Due to my father's work, he changed his surname to Masumoto. My father, is your chauffeur." Ryouhei explained.

Megumi was dumbfounded. After a moment, she regained her senses and asked in furious tone, "Why did Father stopped you from seeing me?!"

"I'm afraid that he wants no one to fall in love with you. He's overprotective about you. He doesn’t want anyone to touch his precious daughter. That's what I think." Mrs. Asahina told Megumi.

Megumi was upset and shouted, "But that doesn’t mean he can just chase my friends away!!"

Mrs. Asahina tried to calm Megumi down as Megumi was on rampage. Ryouhei tried calling Megumi's name to calm her down but it was futile. Just then, Mr. Asahina opened the door. Megumi, Mrs. Asahina and Ryouhei froze in what they did. Mr. Asahina saw Megumi and closed his eyes in displease, "What a kid." He said. That just made Megumi even more angry and she shouted at him, "I'm not a kid! Stop throwing me here and there with your demands. I'm sick and tired of your demands and I want to be free. Free from you!!"

"It seems you still don’t understand. Well, I don’t expect you to."

"Grr...."

Ryouhei tried to get out of bed. Megumi ran towards him and helped him. Ryouhei's arm was around Megumi's neck and Mr. Asahina frowned as he watched Ryouhei. 

"Mr. Asahina, allow me to take over the Asahina Insurance Company." Ryouhei pleaded. 

Megumi was shocked. Mrs. Asahina looked amazed and Mr. Asahina widen his eyes in dismay.

"No! I object! I'm against your request!"

"Please, I have fallen in love with your daughter and I am willing to sacrifice myself for her. Any harsh treatment from you, I will accept them all. However, it seems like Megumi doesn’t want to take over the company but I'm willing to do it for her."

After hearing the confession, Megumi embraced Ryouhei. Arms around his neck, she hugged him tightly. Mr. Asahina witnessed them was filled with anger. "Megumi! Let go of that scum right now!!" he boomed.

Megumi shook her head and refused to let Ryouhei go. Ryouhei had a face as if he would die with no regrets when Megumi hugged him. Mr. Asahina was fuming. Just then, Megumi's chauffeur came in while saying, "Well now, well now, how about looking at account of me working for years for you and hear my request, Mr. Asahina?"

"Speak it."

"I would like you to test my son to see if he is worthy."

"No way in hell that I'm letting him taking my daughter away!" he roared.

"I did not mention anything about your daughter. I merely wanted you to test my son if he's worthy for your company. That's all." Mr. Yamamoto bluntly shot back.

Speechless, Mr. Asahina turned away and grunted. "Alright, I guess it would not hurt to test him." He mumbled.

Megumi looked into Ryouhei's eyes with relief. They hugged again and Mr. Asahina stomped off.

"Megumi..." Ryouhei said, eyes of wanting to ask her the very question.

"Hear my answer after you pass my father's test." She replied, looking at him with cheekily-confidence.

When  Ryouhei's injuries were almost recovered, Mr. Asahina threw piles of books at Ryouhei's table. Ryouhei was stunned by the amount of books and Mr. Asahina frowned at his expression. "If you think this is a lot, then you might as well give your hope up."

Ryouhei was determined and not letting anything to pull his motivation down. He started reading through them, books after books, Megumi even made coffee for him so that he could concentrate properly.

Attending schools, studying for exams, attending club activities and reading through all the books, Ryouhei had to manage them therefore Megumi lent a room to Ryouhei. Since he had to stay, Megumi and Ryouhei had been attending school together. With so much things, Megumi bit her lips as she felt lonely but she endured it.

As weeks passed, Ryouhei managed to finish reviewing all the books though at times he had forgotten to take his meals. Thus, he has lost a bit of weight which worries Megumi.

"I see that you took 2 months to finish the required knowledge." Mr. Asahina sarcastically remarked. "But that's not the point. To see if you are worthy to be the successor, you have to go through interviews with your knowledge. With that, you will be deter whether you will fail."

"Hmph, I will pass." Ryouhei told him off confidently.

Mr. Asahina snorted and walked away. Megumi hugged Ryouhei by his back and from a surprised, Ryouhei's lips turned to a smile.

Ryouhei pulled Megumi to the front and kissed her forehead. Megumi closed her eyes and when they parted, Ryouhei reassured Megumi. When he left to enter the room, Megumi was filled with anxiety.

It was night. The interview started since 10am in the morning. Ryouhei opened the door and bowed after he stepped out. Megumi stood behind him and Ryouhei turned a gloomy face.

"How was it?" Megumi asked, refusing to believe that he failed. Ryouhei shook his head in disappointment. "NO! THAT CAN'T BE!" Megumi was in tears. "I'm going to have a word with Father!" Ryouhei pulled Megumi's hand to stop her when she turned. Shaking his head, Megumi shouted, "I CAN'T ACCEPT IT!! RYOUHEI, YOU HAVE STUDIED SO HARD! And yet..."

Just then, Mr. Asahina walked out of the room. He asked in a stern and jealous voice, "What's the ruckus? Ryouhei, don’t get too happy just because you passed. Your torture has yet to come!"

Megumi froze. "P-passed?" she turned to Ryouhei who was grinning from ear to ear. Megumi turned away from him angrily. Ryouhei hugged her and Megumi slapped his chest. Mr. Asahina gave a disgusted look and left the couple alone.

"How was the surprise?" Ryouhei asked playfully.

"It's irritating. I hate you!"

"You can't bare to hate me because I'm the one who set your wings free." Ryouhei whispered into Megumi's ears. She blushed and looked into Ryouhei's eyes fondly.

"Megumi, I..." Megumi placed a finger on Ryouhei lips, preventing him from uttering another word. They stared deeply into each eyes. As they gradually closed their eyes, their lips drew closer to each other. As soon as their lips touched, the momentum of their kiss became from slow to a French kiss.

The next day, Ryouhei was announced to be the next successor. Megumi and Ryouhei were well known in their school for their news of dating. Not only that, Ryouhei was the top student in the school. During their graduation, the students chanted for Ryouhei and Megumi to kiss. Embarrassed to be the centre of attention, they reluctantly kissed each other.

After they celebrated their graduation, Megumi and Ryouhei walked hand in hand in the central district.

They headed to places like the fast food restaurant and the arcade. Not only that, they went to shopping malls to shop for Ryouhei's clothes. Megumi even took some miniskirts which made Ryouhei furious for attracting unwanted attentions - boys that were eyeing on her.

.............................................................................................................................................

Asahina Megumi POV:

I'm happy that I'm able to spend my time with Ryouhei. Ryouhei, my prince who taught me the outside world, was willing to take my place. I was guilty for making Ryouhei for taking the role of successor for me. However, Ryouhei told me if he was able to spend time with me, he could die happy. That was one of the sweetest thing he told me. Now I am free, able to spend time with the ones I love, is the best world I have live in. How about you?