You don't know me

You're my world... Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why is this place so big?” Byulyi mumbled impatiently. “C, D… Next must be E building then.”

 

“How can H come after D??” Byulyi gasped in disbelief. “What standard did they use to mark these buildings??”

 

She had got lost.

Byulyi felt regret, she shouldn’t have rejected when one of the girls in her team offered to tag along with her. She even laughed at their worries about her getting lost. She was an adult, and the restroom was not that far away – she remembered seeing it on the way here. Her memory was right, except that she had failed to notice an announcement sticking on the door: Water system is broken.

Byulyi did not flinch at all, she could use the restroom in another building then. There were 8 buildings on this campus – Byulyi was amazed when she reached here this morning. Her former high school, which was the biggest campus in her hometown, only had 4 buildings, and one was right next to another. Meanwhile it needed a ten-minute walk to go from place to place here.

As expected of Seoul, Byulyi could not help but exclaim.  

 

“Maybe I should find someone to ask.”

Byulyi finally gave in as she ended up standing in front of the B building, a big ‘Happy 60th Anniversary of Seoul High School’ slogan hanging above her head, for the third time to take a short rest.

“Excuse me.”

She spoke up, trying to catch the attention of a random passer. Nobody noticed it, the hustle and bustle of the funfair attracted them more. Byulyi did not blame them, who could resist delicious smell from those food stalls or big and colorful plushies placed on those carnival game counters? If she hadn’t been here for work, Byulyi would have joined the crowd as well.

A big applause startled her, and people started to gather all of a sudden. Byulyi felt herself being pushed back because of the excited crowd. She unconsciously stepped back to avoid them, not realizing a figure was running toward her at the same time. With a late warning from that person, they bumped.

 

“Ouchhh!” Byulyi groaned while rubbing her , such a relief she fell on her . Her legs and arms were fine – that was all that mattered.

 “I’m sorry. Are you okay??”

A concerned voice could be heard above her head. Byulyi looked up, surprised to find a slim girl in a uniform, the logo of Seoul High School was sewed on her left chest. She felt like she was hit by a truck just now, so she had expected it was a muscular man.

 “Ah, I’m fine.” Byulyi replied as she got on her feet. The girl apologized again, faced down to avoid meeting her eyes.

“I’m totally fine.” Byulyi patted the girl’s head with a smile. She thought the young girl was feeling guilty for bumping into her.

Are high school students these days allowed to have this light hair color? Byulyi wondered when her eyes fell on the girl’s ash blonde hair.

The girl flinched a bit at Byulyi’s sudden action, before nodding her head.

Cute. From this angle, she could see the girl’s chubby cheeks bloating. Byulyi wanted to squeeze them so bad – she always had a weak side for cute things, but she did not want to scare the girl more.

 

“By the way, do you know where the E building is?” Byulyi asked, finally remembered her purpose.

The girl pointed at the B building with her head down. “It’s right behind this building.”

Damn! That’s why I couldn’t find it.

“Thank y-”

“Yongsun-ah!”

Both of them got startled and turned their heads at the direction where the sudden high pitch voice came from. About five meters away, she could see two girls in the same uniforms waving at them. The girl bowed at her lightly and ran away without saying a single word.

“They must be close friends.” Byulyi chuckled as she saw the girls hitting each other jokingly and laughing. It made Byulyi miss her high school friends. They had lost contact since she left Bucheon. Some of them must already get married and even have kids now.

 

“What is this?”

Byulyi mumbled when she almost stepped on something. A small beaded bag with a red strap, about the size of one-third of her hand, was laying on the ground where the girl stood just now. Byulyi picked up and studied it carefully. She could feel there was something round and tough inside.

It must belong to that girl. Byulyi looked up, hoping the three girls still there. Unfortunately, they had already disappeared in the crowd.

 

“Seoul High School’s Got Talent will start in five minutes. Come to our outdoor stage to find out the winner of the Grand Prize!!!”

 

“Oh no,” Byulyi panicked. She stuffed the beaded bag into her pocket and started to run. She did not have time for it now. She was late, super late. They were supposed to have a rehearsal before the performance though.

-----

 

Byulyi kicked off her shoes in the most excited way. She was in a good mood. Of course she would be, her team had won the Grand Prize.

When she first met those kids two months ago, no one had expected this day would come. It was their senior year at high school, and they only wanted to create memories. None of them had any experience in dancing, so she had to teach them from the most basic things. Byulyi had met and worked with quite a lot of dancing teams since she started her career as a choreographer, but this was the first time there was a team that made her feel amazed and touched by their passion yet innocence.

Byulyi lounged on the old sofa in her living room. It might not be the most comfortable o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter