Almost...

Almost...

 

“How’s your day?” I asked Hanee when she opened the door and slipped in to the passenger seat. I just picked her up from an event that she organized.

“Awesome.” She replied as she buckled her seatbelt. “But it was as tiring like the other days. To think that I have to run around the area in these shoes!”  she added before leaning over for a kiss.

“I’ll give you a foot massage later, when we got home.” I stated. “What was the event all about?” I asked as I started driving.

She beamingly recalled the whole event. It was a benefit concert for the cancer patients of one institute in the southern part of Seoul. The people who attended the concert had to pay 6,000 won for entrance and that money will be given to the cancer institute. A total charity event.

“Who attended the event? I mean, who performed for the people?” I asked since I belong to an idol group and yet she didn’t invite us.

“Oh, we invited DBSK and 2pm so Cassiopeia and Hottest were present and a lot of money we’re made.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about it? I mean, we can also find time to perform for them.” I states. A hint of jealousy can’t be hidden from my tone.

“Jiyong, you guys are busy working on something and you know that by doing that is like announcing to the public our relationship. You’ve been trying to take care of this issue under the eyes of your fans, I don’t want to take a risk.” She stated.

She’s right about that so all I did was to give out a deep sigh.

“Hey, next time, I promise you, if we are going to have another concert or fund raising event, I’ll get you guys.” She stated that placed back the smile on my face. “But I won’t be the organizer of that event.”

Pft.

I always wanted to experience working with her. I thought because she’s an events organizer and I’m an idol, we can spend more time together. but I’m wrong. Totally wrong. I can’t and never will.

2ne1 and se7en hyung already worked with her. why not Big Bang? Am I really that obvious when in comes to her?

++++

“Want me to pick you up? Let’s have lunch.” I asked her over the phone. I’m hungry now and the boys are out on their own so I’m all alone.

“Yeobo, I’m sorry. I’m already done eating.” She replied.

“Oh. Okay then, how about joining me and just watch me eat?” I persisted.

“Yeobo…”

“Alright, I’ll just eat alone.”

“Jiyong… I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you’ll ask me out to eat today…” there was sadness in her voice.

“Yeah. Maybe let’s just have dinner later. I’ll pick you up after work.”

“Okay… I’ll see you later then.”

“’kay. Love you...” I uttered. But she already ended up the call.

We had dinner in my favorite underground restaurant and wasted no time. We headed home right after.

The next couple of weeks were just like that. It’s either I’ll have dinner with her, or I’ll have lunch. I can’t be with her for both meals. I don’t know why, but it seems that she’s really busy during those weeks. I know that she’s working in a new campaign, a new event, a new project. But I’m not being neglected like this in the past!

“Jiyong.” It was Se7en hyung. “Aren’t you going home? Hanee might be waiting for you. It’s already 10pm.”

I never stayed out ‘til 10pm since I married Hanee. I mean, without even telling her about it.

“I’m still finishing this one out hyung. I’ll go home after.” I stated and he left.

When I got home, my dear wife is already sleeping ever so soundly on her side of the bed. Without bothering and disturbing her, I got my clothes and stepped in to the bathroom for a cold shower.

I’m missing my wife. The lovely woman that I fell in love with two years ago. it seems that today, she’s far from the sweet, thoughtful, understanding and giving woman that I married… I don’t want to think that it all started with the event with last time… but I can’t help it. I’m a husband!

I sneaked in to the bed and watched her as she sleep so comfortably. I miss you…

I s my arms around her, just like I used to… but she irritably pulled it off.

+++

“Let’s have a break. Coffee anyone?” I asked the guys as we finished the first part of the recording. “Then let’s head home.”

They nodded in agreement and got their wallets, phones and keys out.

We went to the farthest coffee shop from YGE since we know that fans might be waiting in the ones nearby. A short private time with the boys while resting won’t hurt.

As I was ordering of the counter, something outside caught my eye. A couple was having a date in the far end corner of balcony of the coffee shop.

Hanee and I used to do that when we were still dating…

“Sir?” the barista called my attention.

“Oh, sorry. I’ll have this one.” I said and pointed out at the menu in front of the cash register.

“That would be 4,500 won.” He stated and I gladly paid for it. “I’ll just deliver it over at your table later sir.”

I nodded and went out to the table where Seungri was sitting. I was about to sit down on the chair beside him when he pulled me asked me to sit down on the one across him.

“Why?” I asked him.

“Nothing hyung, it’s just that Top hyung is sitting at that chair.” He reasoned out.

When the order was placed down on our table, we finally catch up with each other. it’s not that we don’t see each other from work, but it’s just that we really can’t take a time off and have a personal life chitchat.

“Jiyong,” Se7en hyung suddenly called.

“Hmmm?”

“Where’s your wife?”

“She’s in… the office? She’s working hyung. Why do you ask?” I answered and sipped my coffee.

Why is hyung suddenly asking this? And why are my intestines turning upside down?

“Nothing…” he replied and it seems that it’s not a stable one.

“Hyung. Why?”

“Nothing, really.”

They changed the subject by Top hyung mentioning about Seungri’s upcoming album. I was mingling with them all throughout. But Se7en hyung kept on looking over my shoulder that I got curious with what he’s looking at and I decided to look back.

Hanee…?