one.

seven

Shuhua is just casually walking inside their village while listening on her precious airpods as her feet stopped on the front of the playground. "Perhaps I wanted to go down to my memory lane today? Oh so great of you, Yeh Shuhua" She sat down on one of the swings as she happily listens to the song.

Please picture me in the trees,
I hit my peak at seven
Feet in the swing over the creek
I was too scared to jump in

It started when she was seven, as they move to the new city. Knowing the kids in the neighborhood but one girl caught her eyes, a carefree kid that looks the happiest among the kids on the entire village. Eventually being friends with her, learning that her name is Soojin and a year older.

Inviting each other on each other's houses, close enough to consider best friends. It is the seventh time Soojin visiting their house and as asual, playing hide and seek is their favorite.

"Why do you always hide in the closet? it's not challenging to find you" the older girl complains as she pouts.

"Cause narnia's my favorite movie, maybe there is a secret backdoor here"

"But that's only a movie, it is only made by imaginati--" "shh- just hide now and I'll find you" and started to count. 

How funny that she has the upper hand even though the other girl is the older. After a day full of laughing and teasing with each other, the sun's already down and Soojin should go now.

"Bye Soojin, see you tomorrow"

"Bye, let's play again tomorrow!"

And I've been meaning to tell you
I think your house is haunted
Your dad is always mad and that must be why
And I think you should come live with me
And we can be pirates
Then you won't have to cry
Or hide in the closet

Days, weeks, months and 10 years passed by, now on high school with Soojin.

"Jin-aahh" she calls her best friend while sitting beside her.

"Here, you can borrow this"

"Huh? I didn't go here for this?"

"Saw your bag when we were walking and you didn't bring any book, you'll need this with your next class" Soojin said while handing the book to her.

"Alright, thanks girlfriend!"

"Girlfriend my foot" the girl paused then continues to speak, "Yeh Shuhua, be responsible with your study, will you?" 

"Yes, ma'am!" she stand up and jokingly salutes to her best friend and walks toward the door.

"Jin-ah let's go home together, yeah?"

"But I got a dance practice later"

"That's perfectly fine, I'll wait" and so she walked out of the classroom.

The carefree Soojin that she used to know back when she was seven is now a responsible and fine teenager that every men and women will fall for.

Classes ended and she went straight to the dance room. "Oh hi, looking for Soojin?" a girl on the door said, "I'm just waiting for her" she replied "come and sit here inside" the girl beamed and excused herself.

After thirty minutes, they wrapped up their practice and Soojin sat beside her while chugging on the tumbler. 

"How long did you practice? it's already seven"

"Almost three hours, i guess?"

"You really got good stamina there, huh?"

"Not really, I'm tired and can sleep here anytime"

"Let's go home now". 

While walking, Shuhua suddenly pulled out her phone and earphone, put one on the other girl then plays her favorite song

"Oh, your favorite"

"Yeah, enchanted" they continue to walk.

"You know what" she didn't got a reply from the girl so she continued.

"Ten years ago, you asked why im always hiding in the closet"

"Hmmm?" the girl replied

"I think maybe I forshadowed that I am meant to hide in the closet in the future"

"What do you mean?" she can tell that Soojin is now intrigued as her brows knit.

"Jin-ah, im enchanted to meet you"

"I know, you have said it many times already"

"Just like this song's lyrics, there's a question that is keeping me up till two a.m" she got no reply, "Who do you love?"

"Huh?" the face that shows curiosity a minute ago, become a confuse one.

"I like you"

"What are you saying? I'm confuse"

"Where did the smartass Soojin go?" she jokingly said.

"Explain" the girl command as she pulled out her most serious face.

"Didn't you get it? Hiding in a closet, saying that it's enchanting to me meeting you, that thinking of who do you love keeps me awake. Does any of that makes no sense to you? I like you, it has been years Soojin"

"What are you doing?" 

She frooze. Out of all the words Soojin could say, why is it the ones that she didn't knew coming?

"Confessing"

"Why?"

"Cause I want to"

"Did you know that you are being selfish doing whatever you want?"

"Why?" 

Soojin pulled out the earphone from her ear and walks away and her question remain unanswered.

Sweet tea in the summer
Cross my heart, won’t tell no other
And though I can't recall your face
I still got love for you

"But I still recall your face, and still got love for you" she said with a sigh.
"So am I that selfish? To the extent that I didn't heard anything from you since that night, four years ago? Soojin-ah, I miss you" she said nonchalantly as if it is for the wind to hear.

"Soojiniee?!"