fin

Fender Bender
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wake up, shower, feed the cat, pack lunch and go to work.

A simple morning routine designed to aid her forgetful self to at least accomplish the basic necessities before heading to work.

6/10 times she carried out the list without a hitch, those days were always productive and overall successful days where life seemed to be heading in the right direction.

3/10 times a small detail would escape her train of thoughts causing her to either leave her apartment without her lunch or some small detail that would just be a minor inconvenience to her day.

As time went on she got better at reducing the times she messed up in her routine, which made Seulgi feel a sense of pride, especially if she thought about what a mess her life was a few months ago.

However, no one is immune to those 1/10 times were everything that can go wrong…goes wrong. It all started since the moment she woke up. Her blurry vision betrayed her and combined with the grogginess of just waking up, she managed to trip and fall with the computer cable.

Grabbing her glasses her vision became completely focused, her fall created a nasty looking mark that would sure become a bruise in the next hour. Sighing she stood up dusting away any trash she picked up from her time on the floor.

Shower time was no better, the cold water valve wasn’t working making it impossible to regulate the water temperature. By the end of her shower Seulgi’s skin was red from the burning water. At least the cocoa butter body lotion gave her skin some relief, bless Yeri for sneaking that expensive lotion into her cart.

Mr. Gato loved her and was sweet to her as long as she didn’t bother him too much, Mr. Gato preferred chilling on his own. Scratching humans was something Mr.Gato was not fond off, he preferred to ignore humans in general. So when Mr.Gato suddenly scratched Seulgi out of nowhere leaving her with an open wound, she truly knew this would not be her day.

To top it all off her trusty Honda Civic wouldn’t turn on, she was already late for work so she’d just call in sick and hope for tomorrow to not as well. Just as she was about to call her boss, the engine roared indicating it was ready to hit the road.

“Maybe today isn’t going to be such a bad day” Seulgi buckled her seat belt, drove off listening to the universe telling her not to miss work today.

Thud!

Someone had just rear ended her car, groaning Seulgi angrily unbuckled and looked out her rear view mirror. A black tesla was the culprit, great… she now had to deal with a stubby rich person who was texting while driving not looking at the road and being a responsible driver.

Instead she got a young stylish lady, with beautiful jet black hair, porcelain skin to match her perfect features…oh and one little detail, it happened to be her ex who she both despised and loved…Irene.

“ this day” Seulgi thought to herself as she fumbled to open the door, probably looking ridiculous to other people watching.

“You got to be kidding…” she heard Irene scoff in disbelief. Hearing her voice was both a sweet melody and a torturous event, they had a rather messy break up. A lot of things went unresolved, but then again people breakup because they can't settle their differences.

Her car was not terribly damaged, it had a small dent and would need a paint job to fix the other details. Yeri knew many great and economic mechanics, she'd just ask her later. Seulgi didn’t want to deal with Irene more than she had to, she’d just get in her car and deal with the damages later.

That was her plan until Irene spoke.

“Look I’ll just give you the money, I really need to get to work I’m already running behind schedule”

Work, a word that made her blood boil, a word ultimately drove them apart. Out of spite Seulgi grabbed her phone looking for her insurance contact number.

“Let’s let the insurance handle this” A coy smile adorning her lips as she watched the other girl protest in exasperation.

Seulgi took as long as she could on the phone just to irk Irene. If looks could kill…then Irene would have slaughtered her by now.

“An appraiser will come in about 20 minutes”

“Just take the money Seulgi…I’ll give you double, so you can upgrade whatever you’d like”

Seulgi scoffed “Typical of you, thinking money solves everything….”

Irene shrugged looking at the cars that passed them by “No, but it does help make life easier”

Silence set in, the shorter girl sending texts to alert them she would be arriving late to work. Irene was always responsible and ambitious never missing work, even if she was sick. Seulgi took in her surroundings, a shiny new expensive car that now had a small scrape thanks to Irene's careless driving.

"So a Tesla...seems expensive" Irene squinted her eyes unsure as to where this conversation was headed.

"Gas is expensive so electric cars are cheaper in the long run"

"No matter if you buy a water car, you still drive like " Seulgi poked sounding more playful than she intended.

Irene gave a dry chuckle "You got point."

Irene hesitated before talking again. "I'm sorry for damaging your car, I know how much you take care of it. I'll make sure to fix it back up"

The animosity came back in Seulgi's tone "Don't worry I'm used to you damaging things that are important to me"

"Seulgi..." Her voice coming out in a whisper trying to reach the other girl.

Before awkwardness could fill the air, the appraiser finally came.

A tall girl in a white button up shirt came out of a Nissan versa. Her hair was slicked back in a ponytail looking as professional as one could be. But when she opened to speak both girls where rather surprised.

 "Sup ladies,the names Joy" She clapped her hands making Irene flinch at the sudden sound.

"Let's get this party started!" Joy enthusiastically shook both their hands getting her pen out to start inspecting the damage.

"Honda Civic 2012,black,in pristine conditions" The appraiser gave a big thumbs up to the girls as if commending the good care the owner gave it.

"Okay, I see  40 cm dent with 6 scratches...interesting" As peculiar as the girl seemed she was good at her job. Noting down every little detail that could add or subtract the value for repairs.

Irene tried getting closer to the monolid girl, she wanted to continue their conversation from earlier but every time she opened Seulgi would look the other way.

"Seulgi, just look at me" Irene pleaded low enough for both of them to hear. Joy perked up looking straight at both of them. "Ladies why the long faces? No need to worry this was just a fender bender" Joy put her clipboard on top of Irene's car giving the two girl a quizzical look.

"With all due respect, just finish the job so we can get out of here" Seulgi just wanted to get this over with, Irene was too close to her personal space. She was seriously regretting calling the insurance and having to endure Irene more than needed.

"I got it! The atm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter