The Beginning

My Life as a K-pop Idol

Staring at your computer screen, you started to breathe a little faster and a little harsher.

I really did it. Oh gosh. Now what? Do I just wait? Will they call me? Or will they e-mail me back? What if it takes days? Weeks? MONTHS? Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh…

Getting out of your seat, you started pacing around your room. Round and round you went, thinking of all the situations that could have just arisen from your simple click of a mouse. Suddenly, you caught sight of your most prized possession: a personally signed copy of your favourite singer’s CD. You then remembered the moment you saw that person perform; it was a moment of revelation for you, one that helped you realize what you wanted to do for the rest of your life. Smiling nostalgically, you flopped onto your bed and stared up at the ceiling.

I’ll stand on stage with you one day. Even if I have to train for years upon end, I will become a singer that can stand on equal ground with you. I promise.’

With that thought in mind, you closed your eyes and drifted off into dreamland.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You rubbed your eyes groggily, blinking slowly to adjust to the light filtering in from your curtains. Turning your head to the left, you squinted, attempting to figure out what time it was. ‘9:03 a.m.’ read your Doraemon alarm clock. The gears in your skull started to turn as your brain registered what the heck it had to do today.

“I have dance class in an hour,” you muttered to no one in particular, pulling the covers off and stretching before standing up to make your way to the confined space of your closet. Pulling out a baggy T-shirt with the print of a grey wolf on it, you searched for your favourite pair of shorts. They were nowhere in sight, so you called out for some assistance.

“Mom! Where are my shorts?” No response. That was odd. You tried again.

“Mom!” Still no response.

“MOM!”

That’s when you realized that it was a Monday. During summer vacation. Scratching your head sheepishly, you settled for your high school gym shorts and closed the door to your overcrowded closet.

Entering the bathroom, you stared at yourself in the mirror. Here you were, __(f/n)__ __(l/n)__, future K-pop idol star. Now getting to that position, that was the problem. But inside, you had great confidence in your talent. You had started dancing at the ripe age of 6, learning numerous styles that ranged from hip hop to ballet. Some might say that you were forced to enter the harsh world of dance, but you always strongly disagreed. You loved to dance. Dancing was in your blood, something that you had inherited from your mother, a house wife that used to be a world-renowned choreographer. From time to time, you even saw her pirouette around the house while cleaning, a sight that would always send you into a fit of giggles. You loved your mom to death, seeing as how much of her personality had been passed onto you.

Your father on the other hand was the serious one of the household. He was a businessman, and a very successful one at that. In fact, your parents had met while he was on one of his first business trips to South Korea, and it was love at first sight. Your mother had once told you, with a gentle smile on her face, that the only two times your dad had let his emotions get the better of him in public was the first time he saw her and the first time he saw you. He didn’t always show it, but you knew that your dad would do anything to make you smile, and you loved him just as much as your mom.

“I’ll work hard, Mom, Dad. I want to make you proud,” you whispered to your reflection.

After taking a shower, brushing your teeth, and washing your face, you made your way back to your bedroom. Glancing at the laptop that was on your desk, you wondered if you had gotten a reply yet. Checking the time again, you confirmed that you still had well over a half hour to make your way to the dance studio. You quickly sat down and your computer. Opening your web browser, you signed into your e-mail account at lightening speed, your fingers keying in your password on their own accord. Looking at your inbox, you read through the e-mails you had received over the course of the night.

Spam.

Spam.

Promotion.

More spam.

When you got to the next e-mail, you let out a gasp. Your eyes widened as you read the words on the screen, your heart racing faster and faster with each sentence. You couldn’t believe it. They had accepted you! You were a trainee now! You were now a trainee at…

CHOICES:  SME  |  JYP  |  YGE  |  OTHER (specify)

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vote in the comments section below! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! For the next chapters, I’ll try my best to implement more choices per chapter. Thanks for reading! :D