Chapter 1(일): Needing Sleep

Until the end with you

Kihyun

he sighed as he looked at the clock on the wall beside him, 00:03, "Just...a little bit more..." he yawned as he took down a few more notes onto his pages.

 

The door opened, causing Kihyun to look up with wide eyes, it was as if he was a deer caught in head lights, "Your supposed to be sleeping" his sister sighs as she came over, Kihyun gasped, putting his hands on his note book, "No let me at least do a little bit more..." he yawned but covered his mouth.

 

Junseok put her hand on his head and his hair, "Come on...your gonna do great...I promise..." she reassures, pursing her lips together into a thin line, Kihyun pouted, "You don't know that..." he stated.

 

Junseok sighed as she lifted her hand away from his head and went towards his long blue curtains, grabbing a part of it and dragging it across, showing the blue hues of the dark, starry sky.

 

The older looked at her younger brother, pointing outside at the stars, "The stars..." she started, Kihyun knew this was going to be another lecture he was going to receive from his older sister.

 

flashback...

At the age of 6

"And so that's why you need to learn how to make friends"

at the age of 10 

"And that's why you need to learn about jobs"

At the age of 15

"That's why you need to be careful of who your around"

And that's not even 3/4 of them!

 

flashback end.

 

"They are people..." she started, Kihyun raised an eye brow, "They look over us, to take care of us and watch us from above... it might be silly because sometimes the stars don't come out, but most of the time they do, and they comfort us right?" She turned to her brother. Kihyun nodded, waiting for her to continue.

 

Junseok opened the doors to the small balcony and went out, Kihyun following after her and sitting on the edge of the wall, they have done this multiple times, so it's not even scary to Kihyun anymore.

 

Its quite peaceful, Kihyun stuck his hand out, thinking as if he could grab one of the bright dots in the sky, "They really do..." Kihyun looked up at a certain star, the brightest one he could see.

 

"That's grandma..." she points, Kihyun looks at the star, where she pointed, it was a smaller and less brighter star to the one he noticed instantly, "Why not that one?" Kihyun asks, pointing at the brightest star that was in the sky, Junseok chuckled, "Well...she could be...but...I know she isn't..." she said.

 

Junseok smiled lightly then continued, "She isn't one to take all of the spotlight...she likes to stay away from the big crowd, she does her own thing, she likes people being happy, so she would do anything for anyone..." she pursed her lips.

 

Kihyun nodded, "What was it like?" It was a very vague question, but Junseok knew what her brother was talking about, "To see grandma?...It's not that different compared to another family member, you were still potty training" she laughed, Kihyun blushed in embarrassment.

 

Junseok sighed in content, "But...she was the one that taught you, when mum had to go to work during the day, I was only 11 so I couldn't take care of you alone..." she giggles.

 

"She was a really good person though..." she smiled as she looked at the dull star in the sky, "Probably one of the most kindest people you could ever meet honestly..." she grabbed a rose from one of the hanging flower pots, looking at it, spinning it slowly with the tips of her fingers.

 

"She was really sweet, like the smell from this flower..." she said, Kihyun put his nose up to the small rose and sniffed it gently, smelling the scent of fresh roses when they are at a certain park, it got him memories when he was younger.

 

"But she wasn't as delicate as one...she was always strong..." she smiled at rose and continued to spin it with her finger tips, Kihyun took one, looking at it deeply, it was a bit hard to see, but he could tell it was pretty.

 

"I don't think I told you this...but I remember when we we're out shopping, mum was getting a few things at the other side of the store...me, you and grandma were with the trolly, you were inside the little seat thing of course..." she giggles.

 

Kihyun laughs quietly at the thought, "and someone tried to take you..." she said, it was a bit noisy because of the cars, but Kihyun could still hear, his eyes widened, "We were looking at the cards because it was coming close to mum's birthday, and we left you like two meters away to have a quick look...and someone tried to lift you out of the trolly...and your leg hit something, so it ended up being bruised, and you started crying, so that's when we looked over, that was when we saw that someone was taking you, grandma ran over and smacked him with her purse" she explained.

 

Kihyun smiled, "She wasn't afraid of protecting you..." she smiled, "Wow...she must have been great..." Kihyun mumbled, he got down from the wall and looked at his older sister.

 

"Let's go to bed then?" She asks, Kihyun nods, Junseok gives him a warm hug before closing the doors from the balcony, she smiles as she ruffles his hair, "don't worry about school..." she smiled, showing her dimples on her cheeks.

 

Kihyun nodded as he got changed into his comfortable pyjamas and slipped into bed, hearing the door close, he closed his eyes, it took a while, but he finally fell asleep.

 

(Sorry if it's boring, but trust me...it will get better)