Chapter one

Treading on thin ice

   Step, step, he thought as he glided on the ice, he swerved his body to the left and jumped the final toe loop, ending his performance. He looked behind him and saw Brian, his coach, applauding.

"Best one so far!" Brian said, approaching him. Yuzuru smiled through heavy breaths. "That's it for today, go home and rest." He pats Yuzuru's shoulders before heading off to call the next skater. 
 

Yuzuru made his way to the locker rooms and carefully took off his skates. He grabbed a towel to wipe off the sweat running down his forehead. He then reached for his inhaler and gently rested it on his lips. He started to think, he thought about how to make his performance better. Maybe if he slowed down on the curve, that should do it. He calculated his jumps to make sure he would land each one of them perfectly. He sat there for a bit thinking and rethinking his every movement. 
 

After leaving the locker room, Yuzuru passed by the front desk. There was a petite girl talking with the receptionist. She had wavy dark brown hair which curled at the end. Her eyes were a beautiful hazel. 
 

He couldn't keep his eyes off her. She attracted his gaze like a moth to a flame. The way she smiled at the  receptionist gave her  a glowing image in his mind. 
 

Yuzuru snapped out of his trance and exited out the doors.