Changing Seats

Love Theorem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon woke up to the deafening sound of her phone alarm. She slowly lifted her heavy eyelids as she glanced at the bright screen. 5 more minutes. As she closed her eyes, she tried not to think about the day she had ahead of her. Instead, she relished the feeling of her head sinking into her soft pillow and her body being engulfed by her warm comforter.

 

Not long after her precious last minutes of solace, Chaewon unwillingly got out of her bed and got ready for school. Every day she would dread this process more and more. The train was silent as Chaewon scrolled through the new messages on her phone. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wonyoung

 

CHAEWON OMG

I KNOW YOU’RE NOT ASLEEP

well I hope you’re not… ANYWAYS

Yujin kissed me last night!!! After our date after school when she dropped me off

I waved goodbye but she suddenly grabbed my hand and we kissed AAAAAAAAAA

 

OMG NO WAY 

CONGRATSSSSSS

that’s amazing wonyoung!!! 

my lil wonnie is growing up so fast (ToT)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chaewon turned up the volume on her headphones as she put her phone back into her pocket. She closed her eyes, hoping she could take a quick nap before she arrived at school and more importantly, hoping that her mind wouldn’t wander to that place. But it was already too late. 

 

Finally, it was time to face Chaewon’s least favorite place of all time. She quickly entered the campus and made her way to class, making sure not to waste any time. Chaewon was never late, but she’d rather die than have a long stroll through the campus hallways. There was nothing worse than having to watch couples in the hall kiss, flirt, and make out before class. 

 

Entering the classroom, she was greeted by an enthusiastic duck-lipped girl. 

 

“Chaewonnnnnnn,” she whined. “It’s the beginning of a new quarter.”

 

“And?” Chaewon responded as she took her seat.

 

“Which means I won’t get to sit next to Yuri anymore,” she continued to whine.

 

“You know I sit at your table too right, Yena?” Chaewon said in a fake offended tone.

 

“Oh right! Wait who am I supposed to copy off of now?! Yena said in a panic.

 

“Well, maybe if you paid attention in class more often then you wouldn’t have to copy off of Chaewon all the time,” Yuri, Yena’s girlfriend, and seatmate said.

 

“But how can I focus when the prettiest girl in the world is right next to me?” Yena responded.

 

Yuri blushed and punched Yena on the arm.

 

“We’re sophomores yet you two act like some middle schoolers.” Chaewon gagged. “I can’t wait to solve quadratics without having to listen to you two anymore,” she said as she scribbled in her notebook. 

 

“Don’t be like that, Chaewon! I know you love me~” Yena teased.

 

“The only reason why I tolerate you is that Yuri drags you around everywhere so I don’t have much of a choice,” Chaewon said bluntly.

 

The duck lipped girl started to whimper at the harsh words directed towards her.

 

“C-chaewon said she doesn’t love me!” she cried.

 

“It’s ok, babe. We both know she doesn’t mean that” Yuri patted her girlfriends head in reassurance. “She’s just jealous because she’s single,” she whispered.

 

“You know I heard that, right?” Chaewon said with an annoyed expression.

 

“Heard what?” Yuri shrugged.

 

Before Chaewon could make a comeback the bell rang and the class began.

 

“It’s a new quarter and you all know what that means,” the teacher began. “Switching seats!” 

 

Most teachers made their classes switch seats every semester. Something about getting to know new people and having good team-building skills. Unfortunately, Chaewon’s math teacher was no exception. She dreaded meeting new people, which is why she was so relieved that she was lucky enough to be put in a table with her close friends the quarter before this one. But this time she had no one to escape to.

 

The teacher called out names one by one as he passed by each set of desks that made up a table. Chaewon walked to her new seat promptly after her name was called. She took a seat and gave quiet “hi’s” to her new seatmates. As she took out her notebook and pencil case she didn’t notice that the seat in front of her was yet to be filled.

 

“Hi! I’m Minjoo!” Chaewon heard as she looked up. She instantly turned red, not knowing how to respond to the angel in front of her.

 

The gorgeous girl named Minjoo sat down and returned the waves given by their other two seatmates. Chaewon quickly took out her phone while the three students introduced each other to themselves.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jo Yuriz

 

Chaewon:

UM WHO WAS GONNA 

TELL ME THAT THERE’S AN ANGEL

 IN THIS CLASS

 

Yena:

wdym? you literally sat across from 

her all of last quarter

 

Yuri:

i don’t think that’s what she means

 babe, but nice try :))

 

Chaewon:

omg stfu i meant Minjoo 

she’s right in front of me idk what to do 

WHY ARE YALL SO QUIET HELP ME

 

Yuri:

maybe talk to her? 

 

Yena:

why are you so panicky? 

you know she’s super smart right, maybe

you can copy off of her hehe

 

Chaewon:

i can do my own work tyvm

cause unlike you i’m not always busy

staring at someone instead of doing work 

and BECAUSE LOOK AT HER???

SHE’S SO CUTE AAAAAAAA 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter