FAREWELL PARTY

SECRET MEANING

Roseanne stared at Junhoe as his full frame enters the classroom. She's been trying to convince herself for quite sometimes; that this guy couldn't be the love of her life.

First, he is really not her type. Second, he doesn't make her heart beat fast like crazy as she used to experience when she had her first love. Yet somehow she couldn't get him off her mind. 

It's probably just an infatuation. She thought to herself. 

She's been comparing her feelings from what she knew love was to what she feels towards Junhoe.

" My Roseanne Koo, what's up with the long face?" Junhoe asked as he sat down across my table.

My Roseanne. 

She cringe upon hearing that 'so called' endearment he gave her with his last name.

" Stop calling me that." She protested which he somehow found amusing as he smiled at me. That bulbasaur smile that attracts a lot of girls in the campus which also make her feel some type of way.

" Will do... if you kiss me." He grins. His constant flirting definitely did not help her figure out what she's feeling for him. 

She glared at him without saying a word. Her face probably showed her annoyance - not towards him but to her own messed up emotions. How could a tall and proud Roseanne be bothered with his presence? 

" Babeeee!" A teeny tiny voice blurt out of nowhere. I turned to my right and saw Hannah walk towards Junhoe like a happy kid seeing an icecream vendor.

" Honeybear!" He replied with same smile he gave her.

Did I mention he flirts to almost anyone? 
Like he has nicknames for us; for one, he calls Hannah as honeybear.

I sighed as the two started conversing infront of me.

It's our last days in highschool and we only have projects to worry about since the teachers barely enter the classroom. 

I was about to fold my hands and take a nap when someone repeatedly tap the board.

" Attention, everyone. Please be seated!" Claire, the class president was right infront of the room getting everyone's attention. " I'd like to get your opinion about having a farewell party. We've laid out some plans but it depends on how many would join."

She made a voting and it wasn't a surprise that everyone agreed. It'll probably be the last time we'll see each other anyway.

They all go back to their own business after getting everyone's approval.

Right, what I feel for Junhoe doesn't matter at this point. We probably wouldn't see each other again since he said he's moving to a different city after graduation. 

Somehow, that thought made me feel sad. I've known him for a year and we have been friends before I even start having these weird emotions towards him. We sit next to each other and somehow I got into their group called funny friends. There were five of them originally; Junhoe, Jaebom, Donghyuk, Ethan, and Baste. They've known each other since freshmen and they used to be from Class A. It wasn't known until now why they transferred to class B. There were rumors that it was because of a girl but we really didn't bother to ask about it. 

I'm not the type to approach people first. I guess I'm that one friend who got adopted into the group. In the first few days of class, I only got close to Hannah, Shane, and Arcie. Hannah got close to Junhoe and eventually both our group started hanging out together. 

I bend over to my table to continue my interrupted plan of taking a nap. That's when I noticed Jaebom looking my way. He's also leaning towards his table facing at me. We stared at each other and it seems that he didn't have a plan to backdown until he opened his mouth.

" Why are you so cute?"

I was taken a back as blood rose up to my cheeks when I heard what he said.

To be fair, he has been telling her that he likes her and he's checking if it would change. By that, it means staring long enough at her as if she would grow two heads at any moment.