Hello, I'm KK

S(e)oul Searching

 

Seoul, 11.30am, Seoul Cafe

 

“ Ready, lets go.” I beamed.

“ Alright Ms. Kim, Action.” The director shouted and the host turned and smiled at me.

 

The cameras started rolling and the café we were in became super silent.

 

The host Sora started, “ Hello everyone, welcome to Talk of the Town where we meet with young new talents from different fields who are making remarkable changes to the society and the economy.” Okay wow. Thank you for the pressure Ms. Host. I thought to myself.

 

“ Today we are meeting a young woman who is much wanted by almost all the large corporations in South Korea. She is intelligent, smart and not to mention, beautiful. Everyone, lets meet Ms. Kyle Kim.- Hello Ms. Kim.” The host, Sora welcomed to a talk show that will be broadcasted on KBS, a major TV network in SK. I was and am nervous.

 

“ Hi Sora and please call me KK, that’s how everyone calls me.” I said. I feel comfortable when people call me KK instead of Kyle or Ms. Kim or anything else other than KK.

“ Sure KK, tell us about yourself.”

 

“ Well, my name is Kyle Kim and many would recognize me as KK. Im 31 years old and I run a small research firm called NUMBERS.”

 

“ well done KK, you did that very short and sweet.” We shared a laugh.

 

“ Can you tell us about your firm.” The host questioned.

 

“NUMBERS is a firm that does research for you. So if you want any numbers or statistics on something, we are the people you come to. So, any marketing research on a new product, or sales research, management research, tourism research we do it all.

NUMBERS was launched in 2017 and I was the only one working for a year. Then as clients grew, the firm grew. We are now a team of about 20 people.” I said with pride.

 

“ If it’s okay can we know the clients you have worked with?” Sora asked me.

 

I laughed. This is tricky question because many large firms don’t want to too much publicity, especially if its coming from a research from like mine. However, I need to mention some of the biggest ones we’ve worked with.

“ Sure, we’ve had the pleasure of working with Samsung, SK Group, Korean Air, LG and one of our fun clients was JYP Entertainment.” I said.

 

“ Wow, that’s some major clients you have worked with. “ Sora said. “ Yes, we’ve worked with some amazing clients and we love it.” I said with a smile.

 

“ We need to also ask you about your exotic look.” Sora laughed and I was expecting this question.

“ Sure, Yes. So my father is from Seoul, SK and my mum is Indian. They met at university in Norway and they settled there. I was born in Oslo and I grew up there. I did my university in the UK and I did my masters in Seoul National University. That’s when I moved to Seoul. I fell in love with the city and the people and most of all I’m a part Korean, so I decided to set up my own firm here and thanks to my friends and professors I was able to do it. “ I explained.

 

“ So we need to ask you, a young and beautiful person like you in the vibrant city of Seoul, are you seeing anyone romantically?” I blushed. I am sometimes very girly.

“ No! OMG, no Sora. Its just ive not met anyone compatible. But hopefully I will meet someone soon.” I said.

 

My parents had a ‘ love at first sight’ kind of thing and they’ve been madly in love ever since, which made me fall in love with love and I hope one day I will meet someone who I can truly love and be myself.

I am not a person who says work is life and work all day. I do love my work, but I do love my personal free time too. So my weekends are important for me. It’s my time. I love spending time alone in my lovely apartment cleaning, cooking, binge watching series, eating junk food, decorating my space, sleeping long hours and everything more. I do love shopping and meeting with my two Best friends who I met in SNU, Seulgi and Kim Woo Bin.

 

Sora continued, “ We also need to ask you that you are related to RM from BTS? Is that true?” She asked and I could see her eyes sparkle.

 

I laughed and answered yes. “ RM or Kim Nam Joon is my cousin. But he is more like an annoying little brother.” I said. Now that’s going to attract more views.

 

The interview continued for another hour and finally we finished. It was fun and the host Sora was really sweet.

 

After the interview, I took my car Audi Q7 to my office in Gangnam. My office is on the 18th floor of an office building called Seoul Business Tower. As I walked through the lobby, I saw many other company employees come back from their afternoon lunch. My assistant Lee Ri Tae called me.

 

“ Hello Ri!” I chimed on the phone as I was heading to the elevator.

“ Hi KK, the selected candidate for the research manager is here. You wanted to talk to him” she said.

“ oh yes Ill be there. Im getting on to the elevator.” I said.

 

In my office room.

 

“ Hello, Kang Tae Ha. Please sit down. Im sure Ri Tae would have told you everything about your job and the formalities you have to do. But I just have three basic and simple rules that I want all my employees to follow.” I said and I was very serious. These three rules will save you incase you get caught in any corporate political and trust me ive been in one and it’s nasty.

 

“ Sure ma’am.” My new employee said.

“ Okay first off, call me KK. “ I said with a smile. “ sure KK.” He repeated.

 

“ Right, rule no. 1. , you will be dealing with a few major clients. So the information we get and gather are going to be very and highly confidential. So, don’t be friends or date anyone from the client’s company. Always maintain a professional relationship and that will do the job.

 

“ Rule no. 2. , Never meet the client outside at a bar or a café when it’s not office hours. You work with clients whether in office or out of office, only during office hours. Never off office hours.”

 

“ Finally Rule no. 3., Never talk about office matters with anyone – including your girlfriend, friends, wife, parents or even your doggo and absolutely anyone from the client’s office- no matter who it is. Even the cleaner is off limits.”

 

I finished. It took a few seconds for Kang Tae Ha to take in everything I said. Then finally he spoke, “ why have these rules KK?”

 

“ Simple, we deal with information, data of large corporations. If anything leaks and if it goes from us, then it’s a lot of trouble and we can brought to court. So I need my employees and my company to be very careful. Besides, you will also come across some dirt on people that should be zipped, sealed and put away. You will be signing an NDA agreement with us. “

 

” I said calmly and I feel like Kang Tae Ha, understood what he was getting into.

 

More than the information and data, the dirt I have on the CEOs, the Chairmen, Chairwomen is just ridiculous. However, no one will know about it and I will take it with me to the grave.

 

“ Perfect. I understand and I will work accordingly.” Kang Tae Ha said confidentially. I smiled.

“ Great, welcome aboard to NUMBERS.” I said. As Kang Tae Ha, walked out my office, I stood up and walked to the window and looked down at the bustling Seoul city and sighed with a smile. I just love everything this moment. My company, my job, the city, right this moment.

 

 

New York City – 6.30 pm, NYC Business Towers, 22nd floor.

 

“ Sir, Ms. Chae Rin is here to see you.” My assistant, Roger announced as I observed the gloomy dark sky outside waiting to break for a gushing pour.

“ Yes, yes, please bring her in…” I said and nervously I picked up the box – the ring box, from my draw. We have been dating for five years and I’m ready to take the next step.

My girlfriend, Lee Chae Rin, or as everyone calls her, CL walked in. she was the most gorgeous person I know- inside and out.

 

“hey baby….” I said and rushed to her and kissed her lip. Her most luscious lips. My favorite.

She kissed, but there was no soul in it. Maybe because she has just returned from performing at a concert?

 

“ Right baby, so I have something I have to tell , no ask you. Shall we go to the restaurant you like?” I said and rushed to pick up my jacket.

“ Wait, Yeon Seok. Just wait. I have something to tell you.” Okay. She is troubled.

 

“ Yes….”

“ Lets break up.” She said and right on Q, it started to pour.