Chapter 1 : First Encounter

Our Promise

July 2012

"Why are you always carrying a doll with you?" a chubby boy asked Hyuka with annoyed face. Then the other 2 boys added.

"This is for girl! Boy can't carry something like this!" one of them snatched away Hyuka's stuffed doll.

"G-give me back... " Hyuka said with his low voice, afraid of those bullies. Their body were bigger than Hyuka. When Hyuka tried to take back his stuffed doll, the chubby boy pushed him hard to the ground before snickered.

"You're so weak!" When Hyuka tried to stand up, a kick flew toward his stomach pushed him down to the ground back. Tears already gathered in Hyuka's eyes. He tried to take his doll for the second time but another boy punched him on the stomach.

"You're so weak! And you don't have parent too" They're making fun of Hyuka for being an orphan. Hyuka can't take it anymore. He start to screamed

"Shut up!" before rushed to get his doll. Again, he being pushed to the ground.

"You freak! You want this?" The chubby boy threw the doll to the ground before stepped on it.

"Take this! And this!" The boy keep stepped on the doll repeatedly.

"NOOO! D-Don'ttt" Hyuka was cying while tried to save his doll. But the chubby boy didn't let Hyuka's doll go as he stepped on it harder. Hyuka can't help but just cying while tried to lifted up the chubby boy's foot. But he didn't even budged.

"HEY! WHAT'RE YOU GUYS DOING!" A loud scream came out from Hyuka back.

"Who are you? And why do you care?" The chubby boy shouted back. Hyuka turned his head to look at the owner of the voice behind him. It was another boy. He didn't has a big body but quite tall. Hyuka can't really see the boy's face since his eyes was cover up by his own tears, so everything looked unclear and blurry to Hyuka.

"Give back his toy!" the new boy pushed the chubby boy away before picked up Hyuka's doll from the ground. Hyuka was shook. How can the new boy pushed away that chubby boy so easily when he being the one got pushed by while doing so. Not only Hyuka but the chubby boy was also shook. The chubby boy stood up angrily before tried to punched the other. The new boy caught the chubby boy's hand before punched him hard on the face.

"Woaahh... Cool... " Hyuka watched in awe, mouth slightly open. The chubby boy and his friends terrified since the new boy was so strong.

"Y-You watch out.. I'll get back to you later" the chubby boy sticked out his tongue toward the new boy before run away. His friends followed after him, disappeared from Hyuka sight in one moment. The new boy approached Hyuka before handed him the stuffed doll.

"Here..Sorry I come a little late.. It got dirty now.." the new boy said, felt a little guilty.

"I-It's okay.. Thank you" Hyuka took his precious doll from the other's hand before hug it tightly on his chest.

"Are you okay? " the other asked with a worry face.

"Y-yeah.." Hyuka rubbed his teary eyes, to have a better look at the other boy. Now he can see clearly, he lifted up his face to look at the other's face. The boy was cute, and has a small and pouty mouth like a hamster.

"No.. Don't lie.. You're not ok. You're bleeding" The boy pointed at Hyuka's knee.

"Can you walk?" that boy asked. As soon as Hyuka hear that, he tried to walked but flinched from the pain right after.

"Ah! I forgot to ask. What's your name? I'm Soobin! Choi Soobin" the boy name Soobin said while beaming, made his dimples visible.

He's cute...

Hyuka thought before answering "I'm Hyuka..."

"Cute name" Soobin giggled before continued

"Here... Let me carry you" Soobin turned around so his back now facing Hyuka.

"N-no.. It's ok. You don't have to.. " Hyuka didn't get to finish his word as Soobin pulled him toward his back.

"Come on.. Don't be stubborn. How can you walk with that bleeding knee?" Soobin succeed in forcing Hyuka to ride on his back. Hyuka's face turned slightly red after his body making  contact with the other's. He was never be this close to a stranger. But this Soobin boy somehow warm, made him felt calm and protected. Hyuka started to enjoy the piggyback ride.

"Show me the way to your house" Soobin said while walking slowly with Hyuka on his back. Hyuka then pointed the direction toward his home. After silent for a while, Soobin started to talked again

"How old are you?"

"I'm 10"

"That make me 2 years older than you. I'm 12.Call me Soobin hyung after this" Soobin said proudly.

"Ok... Soobin hyung... " Hyuka answered, grinned widely. They continue talked about random things until they reached in front of a house.

"Here, this is my house!" Hyuka pointed at a brown color house, an orphanage house to be exact. Looked at the house, now Soobin finally know that Hyuka was an orphan. Soobin put Hyuka down to a bench in front of the house. An old lady abruptly approached them.

"Oh my Hyuka, what happened to you?" the lady asked worriedly.

"It's nothing Soonhee ahjumma. It was.. I just tripped again" Hyuka lied. Soonhee was one of the guardian in the orphanage house.

"You keep tripping... Please be careful Hyuka. Let's go inside, I'll put some ointment on your wound." Soonhee held Hyuka's hand to brought him into the house. Before Hyuka followed Soonhee into the house, he shouted at Soobin

"Soobin hyung! Let's meet again! Please come here tomorrow too! See you.." Hyuka smiled widely while waving toward Soobin. Soobin froze for a while before answering

"Yeahh.. See you tomorrow, Hyuka" as soon as Hyuka went inside, Soobin whispered to himself,

I thought I saw an angel