Blanket

Lights On, Lights Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 BLANKET    

Irene has been hiding something from the members and they're eager to know what it is.

 

   

 

 

Joy thought she’d be having a lovely, normal evening; the recording went well and finished early, which means she got time to visit Haetnim and spend an early dinner with her parents. She had nothing else to do so she decided to go back early at the dorm and spend sometime with her members, and besides, she missed living with them. 

 

She should’ve known normal days are rare  when you live with Kim Yerim. 

 

She was so excited to see them only to find Kim Yerim and Kang Seulgi with their ears pressed against Irene’s door.

 

“What the hell are you both doing?”

 

and she even bought soju on the way home.

 

“Shh.” The youngest of them shushed her.

 

How dare this little…

 

“We’re trying to check if Irene-unnie is sleeping.” Seulgi answered in a low whisper. 

 

“She left her door unlocked. It’s our chance to see her bedroom.”

 

It only took Joy 5 seconds to drag the both of them into the living room. 

 

“Yah! That hurts.”

 

“Did you know how ridiculous you both look with your ears pressed against Unnie’s door?” Joy shook her head, “And you Kang Seulgi, I never expected this kind of behavior from you.”

 

“Girl, chill.” Yeri said in a calm voice, “You don’t understand. Irene unnie never locked her door before. She only started locking it after Wendy unnie had to move out and it’s been like, 9 months. Irene unnie has changed.”

 

Kang Seulgi was nodding vehemently on the side.

 

It was true. Irene changed a lot after Wendy left the dorm. She’s always spacing out, has gotten a lot quieter, bickered with them less and so on. Every single one of them worried a lot about Wendy, but Irene worried the most.

 

But Joy didn’t want to lose an argument with Yeri.  “And so?” 

 

“She’s hiding something in there!”

 

Kang Seulgi was still nodding vehemently.

 

“That’s ridiculous.”

 

Yeri crossed her arms and looked pitifully at Joy, “You poor unobservant baby giant. Let me tell you something,” She said, shaking her head gently. “A few months ago, I accidentally entered her room. I didn’t mean to, it was unlocked and I needed a hair dryer. I used to do that all the time before, you know? But that day, Irene unnie freaked out! You should’ve seen her face, it’s like she saw a horrible monster.”

 

“Maybe because you looked like a horrible monster.”

 

“I’m telling you she was hiding something there. I got a glimpse of it, it’s like she covered it in a ball of blanket.”

 

“And! and! that’s not all!” Seulgi interjected, “You know how we used to sleep on the same bed when she’s scared?”

 

Joy raised an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah, well, last month—we were the only ones in here and there was a thunderstorm so I knocked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter