This isn't yours, is it?

Chaos at Kang Family House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I really thought the idea of alpha Seulgi finding a pregnancy test at home, thinking it belongs to her daughter in law Sooyoung and the whole house going into complete panic would be amazing and just hilarious, so please enjoy.


 




 

When your kid reaches a certain age, grows up, and gets married to their mate, it’s only expected that said kid would leave the house to start their own life elsewhere, at least that’s what alpha Kang Seulgi and her wife Joohyun always assumed would happen with their daughter Yerim, who has since gotten married to her wife Sooyoung, and now the both of them live in their house.

 

“Seul,” The omega sighs from beside her wife. The two of them were trying to have a lazy late morning because it was one of the rare days Seulgi took off from work, and Joohyun as well from her own business. They deserved some sleep this morning, but the raven saw how knocked out her wife appeared, mouth slightly open in her signature sleeping pose. Joohyun sighs again and pats her face in that loving manner, it’s the first step before a harder slap across the face.

 

“Kang Seulgi!”

 

“What, who, where! The answer is 190!”

 

“Honey,” Joohyun shakes her head, the monolid woman finally regaining her senses. “It’s me, your wife, this isn’t school.”

 

“Oh, oh, yeah, okay. What’s up, Hyunnie? I thought we were sleeping in?”

 

“We are, but don’t you think it’s a little much having our daughter and her wife here, they’re kind of driving me crazy.”

 

“Oh, well…” The alpha honestly can agree with her mate, it is one thing to have your grown daughter in your house, but it’s another thing for her to have the wife too, and not that Seulgi doesn’t like Sooyoung. She’s a nice enough young lady who is clearly crazy about their daughter, but well, she and Joohyun really thought that they would have saved up enough money by now to move out onto their own.

 

“Well, I mean, at least they help pay for things around here. Not that we need the money or anything, but it’s a nice gesture.”

 

“Yeah…” The raven looks unimpressed. “It’s the least they can do since neither of them do much around the house, who does the laundry, me!”

 

“Because you won’t let anyone do the laundry, Hyunnie.”

 

“The last time Sooyoung tried to help she nearly broke the machine down, so no, she stays away from my laundry!”

 

Seulgi can only laugh in amusement at how her wife goes into her own rant about how much she actually does around the house, which Joohyun isn’t lying about. But it’s also true she really won’t allow anyone to help her much, Seulgi blames her perfectionist personality.

 

“Hyun, it’s okay, you just take a rest day today. I’ll pick up any extra slack, I love you.”

 

“I love you too, baby.” She seems happier and grabs Seulgi’s cheeks offering plenty of kisses against tanned skin. “I love you, but seriously, if you need my help.”

 

“I’m sure I’ll manage, rest up.”

 

“Moms!” A loud voice can be heard from all the way down the hall, so loud that it makes Joohyun nearly jump out of her skin. “When’s breakfast going to be ready! Yermie and I are starving down here.”

 

“, what the !” Joohyun screams too, just as loud, and now Seulgi feels like she should have just gone into the office, why the hell did she even stay home. The day is only beginning and already there’s this. Her wife gets up and opens the bedroom door before screaming down the hall.

 

“Why don’t you and Yerim make your own breakfast for once! I’m not a maid!”


The other omega does the same thing, running to the bedroom door she shares with her wife, and stands there looking all the way down to her mother-in-law. “Aw, but mommy Joohyun, I’m your dearest daughter-in-law, and Yerimie is your daughter, don’t you love us!”

 

“I don’t love either of you all that much right now, leave me alone, eat some cereal!” Joohyun then proceeds to slam their bedroom door shut and Seulgi can only do the mate thing, by wrapping her arms around her shorter wife, and engulfing her in that citrus scent that Joohyun loves so much. Seulgi pats her back in an effort to help calm her down.

 

“Thank you, honey.” Joohyun whispers. “I was this close to ending her life!” Her as in Sooyoung, because she would never harm Yerim. Seulgi nods and tells her to sit down on the bed.

 

“Just calm down for me, Hyun. No need to get yourself stressed.”

 

“S-Stressed, who said I was stressed! Why would you be worried about my stress, did one of them tell you I was stressed!”

 

Seulgi looks at her with a confused look, having no idea what that was all about, but she figures Joohyun is probably tired and not making much sense right now. “No, calm down, I’ll give you a morning massage, alright?”

 

“Yes, alright, that sounds good, Seul. Did I tell you I love you yet?”

 

“Yes, you did, I love you too.”


 

That situation might have been averted, but down the hall in their bedroom, a red haired omega paced back and forth, looking like she wanted to either confront her mother-in-law, or get back into bed with her mate, who was actually still asleep through the whole thing. Yerim was knocked out cold, not having stirred a single time since all the shouting began.


“That’s my baby, sleep through anything.” Sooyoung sighs and proceeds to straddle her blonde wife, and playfully smacks her cheeks, not in a way that would hurt, of course.

 

“Babe!” Sooyoung calls. “Wake up.”

 

The slightly shorter woman is knocked out though, and if it weren’t for the fact that Yerim was still breathing, with the rise and fall of her chest, Sooyoung would have wondered if she was dead.

 

“Babe, wake up, I’m .”

 

Somehow, to no surprise to Sooyung, Yerim wakes up right away, and looks up into those pretty bright eyes, gorgeous face that seems to be frowning at her, and yawns.

 

“Soo, what are you doing on top of me, again.” Yerim reminds her of the fact that not too long ago this was the case, of course they were then, and trying to not have too loudly out of consideration to her parents, although sometimes they haven’t cared enough to not be obvious.

 

“I was trying to wake you up, now, be a good wife and ask your mother when she’s making food, because I’m starving.”

 

The alpha blinks several times, still half-asleep honestly, and would like to go back to sleep, since today is a day off for her. However, Sooyoung is looking at her with a pouty lip, being too cute, that it makes her feel weaker than she would like.

 

“Why can’t you ask her?”

 

“I already did, I am pretty sure I pissed her off, besides you know your mother hates me, sort of.” Sooyoung reminds her and touches her chin. “Be good and find out when we’re eating, or I’ll be suddenly very, very exhausted tonight when you want to get laid, understand?”

 

Yerim hears the answer loud and clear, and the alpha scrambles to get up and ask. Honestly, Yerim had planned to be out of her parents house by now, but because she was determined to do this without any financial support from either of her parents, she and Sooyoung were working as much or often as they could to make enough money to at least put a down payment on a house. Yerim suspects before another year is up they should be out of here, which would bring relief to not only herself and Sooyoung, but her parents too. As at various points everyone gets on each other’s nerves, whether it’s complaints about chores needing to be done, someone drinking the last container of orange juice and not replacing it, or the fact that it’s hard to have like they want as both are being mindful of the other couple.

 

“Mom?” Yerim knocks on her parents door.

 

“Yes, Seulgi, right there!”

 

The younger alpha pauses and looks like she will scream, are her parents serious, they couldn’t wait until later. “Moms, are you two… never mind.” Yerim turns right back around to go to her bedroom down the hall. She gets back to see Sooyoung looking at her with a somewhat impatient look. 

 

“Well?”

 

“You don’t want to know, let’s try and make breakfast ourselves.”

 

“Huh!” The omega blinks, well that was certainly not a part of the plan. However, she is starving, and so she grabs Yerim by the hand. “Okay, come on, baby. Let’s go make breakfast, I’ve seen your mom do it so many times, so it should be easy enough?”
 

 

It should be easy, right? How hard could it be to make breakfast? Only, the younger couple were already screwing up, with fires being too high, too many pots on the stove, and of course, they took to blaming each other.

 

“Babe, you’re burning it!” Sooyoung complains.

 

“No, you’re burning it!”

 

“No, you!”

 

“You both are ruining my kitchen!” Joohyun can be heard coming down the stairs, she couldn’t take the commotion  going on, and even though Seulgi had told her she would see the damage, Joohyun couldn't bare it a moment longer.

 

“Oh, hi, Mom!” Sooyoung smiles cheerfully. “It’s not a bad, look.” She shows her mother-in-law the burned food that looks worse than bad.

 

“Are you serious!” The older omega glares. “Out, get out of my kitchen right now.”


“Sorry, mom.” Yerim says sincerely. “We can buy you new pots and pans.”

 

“So you can ruin those two, just…” Joohyun sighs, calming down only because Seulgi enters the kitchen and her citrus scent is already working it’s magic and then she places her arms around the omega.

 

“Hyun, it’s okay. Sit down, relax, I’m already ordering breakfast this morning.”

 

“Oh, you are! Thanks!” the redhead smiles. “See, honey, at least your sire wouldn’t let us starve to death. I knew you were the best mom, Ms. Seulgi.”

 

“Oh, that is it!” Joohyun looks like she wants to take a swing at her daughter-in-law. But, Seulgi is already with her arms around her waist, kissing at her mating mark which works like a charm and settles her omega down. 

 

“Fine, I don’t care, I’m going into the den to watch tv, let me know when the food gets here, baby.” Joohyun asks her wife who promises she will let her know. Once alone with her daughter and daughter-in-law, Seulgi figures it would be about time to talk to them.

 

“Listen, you two should really stop stressing her out so much. We already let you stay here in our house, maybe quit being such brats.” 

 

For a moment, Yerim and Sooyoung do look like they feel bad. Seulgi doesn’t too often get that sort of tone with them, and in truth, they are living in Yerim’s parents house until further notice. They suppose they can try and cool it a little bit.

 

“You’re right, we’re sorry.” Sooyoung says and even Yerim is looking at her wife in disbelief, because Sooyoung isn’t the type to just apologize first and so suddenly.

 

“I think you should really apologize to my wife, both of you, for now, let her rest. The food should be here soon.”

 

Seulgi takes to cleaning up the major mess left behind in the kitchen, and the younger couple retreat to the living room. Now, for Sooyoung it wasn’t exactly ideal for her either living with her in-laws in this way, but also it was very necessary in order for herself and Yerim to properly save money to move into their own house. Yerim and she honestly weren’t planning on getting married this soon either, but well, when Yerim’s parents caught them having , a shotgun wedding was basically had, even though the omega indeed loves Yerim and would have married her anyway, regardless.

 

“You think I wanted a daughter-in-law like you!” Sooyoung can still hear Joohyun’s disapproval in her voice to this day. Her mother-in-law isn’t her biggest fan, but Sooyoung is sure that she does on some level understand that she and Yerim are genuinely in love with one another.

 

“I have an idea.” Sooyoung nudges Yerim. “I’ll order her a cake, it’s not much, but a peace offering, you know?”

 

“Sounds like a nice gesture, Soo. My mom doesn’t hate you or anything, I think she’s just frustrated we are still living in their house, but we should be out in six month, or at most a year.”

 

Hell, if Sooyoung was going to stay in here another year, no matter how much Joohyun was a good cook. The redhead gives her a hug and lightly nuzzles the alpha’s neck to which Yerim knows she usually wants attention of some kind. 

 

“What’s wrong?” Yerim wraps her arms around her waist. 

 

“Nothing, I’m just so hungry.” the slightly taller woman sighs.

 

“Hey, don’t worry, food will be here soon, since we’re obviously hopeless and can’t cook to save our lives, which by the way, one of us is going to have to learn seriously, or we’re done for when we move out.”

 

That is true, they’re going to have to definitely learn how to cook, or else they are screwed. Sooyoung can’t see Joohyun offering to cook for them, well, she would certainly for Yerim, her not so much.

 

“We’ll figure something out. Wake me when the food gets here, baby, that is if you’re not asleep.”

 

“Hey, I resent that, I don’t sleep that much.”

 

Before they could really get into some sort of argument, the doorbell rings, food has arrived, and now they are saved.

 

“Food, yes!” The younger couple shouted together, already helping Seulgi with the bags and bringing them into the kitchen.   

 

“Okay time to eat!”

 

“Not yet,” Seulgi shakes her head. “No one’s eating without your mother, Yerim. So you two just sit tight and wait.”

 

“Aw...well time her to bring herself out here, because we’ll eat without her.” The omega sighs, looking longingly at the food. Seulgi shakes her head and again tells them to calm down, because Joohyun has to be there too. The alpha finds her wife wrapped up in one of her utmost favorite purple comforters, which she only uses when she’s stressed, upset, or cold, and it could be any of those three things, maybe even all.

 

“Honey?” The monolid woman gently shakes her. “You up, food’s here?”

 

Slowly but surely her wife peaks out from the huge mass of comforter, looking like she could stand some more sleep, only the thought of food lures her out of there. “I’m starving, those terrible kids didn’t eat everything, did they?”

 

“No, I told them to wait for you.”

 

“Oh, well, then that means we better hurry, they don’t listen, Seul.”

 

And so, Joohyun drags her out and toward the dining area where in fact, Yerim and Sooyoung actually haven’t even touched the bags 

 

“You two aren’t eating, I’m surprised.”

 

“We had to wait for you, mom.” Sooyoung states the obvious. Joohyun visibly shudders at being called mom by Sooyoung, as she has always hated it with a passion, though these days, depending on her mood, Joohyun doesn’t even bother to complain or correct her. 

 

“Well let’s eat, because I’m starving.” Joohyun takes her seat beside Seulgi, and finally everyone can eat, and that brings a much calmer mood around the whole table. There is nothing like food to make everyone in better spirits, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter