You're in Love, Right?

You're in Love, Right?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: TOO MUCH CRINGE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

 

 

 

“Okay, class. You may take your lunch break. Dismissed.” The teacher said.

 

          The students stood up and headed for the cafeteria, leaving two students in the room.

 

“Yujinnie, hurry up. I’m hungry.”

“Wait a minute. I’m almost done, Minmin.”

 

          The girl continued to whine while Yujin placed her books in her bag.

 

“Finally! Let’s go!”

“You’re too excited, Minjoo-ya.”

“I want to eat now, that’s why. Come on, before the food runs out.” Minjoo grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the room.

 

          While walking, Yujin suddenly stopped on her tracks.

 

“Oh, right. I almost forgot.” Yujin said.

“What is it?”

“I’m supposed to help out a new transfer student. I need to go the student council office for the details.”

“B-But… L-Lunch…” Minjoo pouted.

“You can go ahead without me. I’ll make it up to you next time.”

“Okay.”

“Okay? See you later.” Yujin said as she waved goodbye and walked away.

 

          Minjoo waved back dejectedly as she headed to the cafeteria. To no one’s surprise, the cafeteria is packed full of students.

 

“Hmph, I lost my appetite already. I’ll just study in advance for the next subject.” Minjoo said to herself.

 

          She went out of the cafeteria and sat down on an empty bench before she took out her notes. She was reading for a while when a voice suddenly interrupted her.

 

“Umm… Excuse me?”

 

          Minjoo looked up from her notes and saw someone staring at her with big round eyes.

 

“Yes, can I help you?”

“Uhh… Yeah. I’m looking for Ahn Yujin. Do you know her?”

“Yes, I do. Why?” “Who is this girl?” Minjoo thought.

“The student council secretary told me to look for her. She’s supposed to give me a tour around.”

“I see. You are?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kim Chaewon. Nice to meet you.” The girl named Chaewon bowed slightly.

“I’m Kim Minjoo. Nice to meet you too. Yujin is actually looking for you.”

“Where is—”

 

          As if on cue, Yujin appeared out of nowhere, slightly panting.

 

“Are you Kim Chaewon?”

“Yes. You must be Ahn Yujin?”

“That’s right. I see you’ve met my friend Minjoo.”

“We were just about to look for you.” Minjoo said.

“No need for that because I’m already here. So, let’s go, Chaewon-ssi?”

“Ah, yes. Let’s go.”

“Thanks, Minjoo-ya.” Yujin winked at her.

“Thank you for accompanying me, Minjoo-ssi.” Chaewon bowed at her one last time before the two walked away.

 

          Minjoo waved again dejectedly for the second time today. She decided to head to the student council’s office.

 

“Hey, Minjoo-ya. What’s with the long face?” Chaeyeon, the student council secretary greeted her.

“It’s nothing, unnie.”

“It’s Yujin, isn’t it?”

 

          A voice suddenly boomed from behind one of the tall stacks of paper on one of the tables.

 

“What did Yujin do this time?” Eunbi, the student council president asked.

“We were supposed to eat lunch but she ditched me to help the new transferee.”

“I’m sorry, Minjoo-ya, but Yujin is the Public Relations Officer. She’s tasked to do things like that.” Chaeyeon apologized.

“It’s fine, unnie, really. I understand.” Minjoo said as she sat down.

 

          Someone suddenly talked from one of the sofas.

 

“You should confess.” Sakura, the student council vice-president, said without looking up from playing her Nintendo Switch.

“Yeah, you should.” Hyewon, the student council auditor, said while munching on a bag of chips while lying down, her head on Sakura’s lap.

“Confess what?”

“That you like her, duh.” Sakura paused her game and stared at Minjoo with an “it’s-too-obvious-why-are-you-denying-it” look.

“I don’t like her that way.”

“Why are you here, sulking like this then?” Eunbi asked Minjoo with an “it’s-too-obvious-why-are-you-denying-it” tone.

“I’m not sulking.”

“You won’t be here if you’re not sulking.” Hyewon pointed out.

“Okay, fine. I’m sulking. She ditched me! What am I supposed to feel?”

“Nothing? Unless you like her that way?” Chaeyeon wiggled her eyebrows, clearly teasing her.

“I already told you. I—"

“Hi~! I bought popsicles for everyone~! Oh! Minjoo unnie~!” Wonyoung, the student council treasurer, barged into the room carrying a plastic bag.

 

          She placed the bag on the table before latching on to Minjoo, sitting on her lap.

 

“Minjoo unnie~” Wonyoung hugged Minjoo, rubbing their cheeks together.

“Wonyoungie~”

“Wonyoung-ah, give your Minjoo unnie a popsicle to cool her head down.” Eunbi said.

“Why? What happened?”

“Yujin happened.”

“I see. What flavor do you like, unnie?”

“Chocolate, please.” Minjoo said.

 

          Wonyoung reached inside the plastic bag and gave Minjoo the popsicle.

 

“Thank you, Wonyoung-ah.”

 

          Just then, the door opened, revealing Yujin.

 

“Hey, everyone! What’s up?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be giving the transferee a tour?” Chaeyeon asked.

“Yeah, but she told me that she had something to do. We’ll continue later after class. It’s kind of hot though.” Yujin fanned herself.

 

          She noticed the plastic bag on the table.

 

“Oh! Popsicles! Give me one, Wonyoung-ah.”

“Nope. I don’t want to.” Wonyoung stuck her tongue out at Yujin and hugged Minjoo tighter.

“Aww… You don’t like me anymore, Wonyoungie?” Yujin grinned at her.

“I like Minjoo unnie more than you, unnie.”

“Oh. Well, that can’t be helped. She is indeed very likable.” She shrugged, which made Minjoo roll her eyes.

“God, she’s dense.” Everyone in the room except Minjoo thought.

“Minmin, let me have a bite. Please~” Yujin used her puppy eyes and pursed her lips, showing off her deep dimples.

“Kim Minjoo, stay strong! Don’t give in to her! You’re supposed to be mad at her!” Her inner thoughts spoke.

 

          But then, while Minjoo is battling with her inner conscience, Yujin sneakily snatched and took a bite of Minjoo’s popsicle.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” Minjoo’s eyes widened when she realized what Yujin did.

“Thanks, Minmin.” Yujin winked at her again.

 

          Minjoo stood up and went out of the room, which surprised Yujin.

 

“Hey! Minjoo! Wait! Aish…”

 

          She realized that everyone in the room is staring at her.

 

“What? What did I do?”

“Stupid.” Sakura mumbled, her attention back to her game.

“Dense.” Eunbi muttered before going back to her table full of papers.

 

          Hyewon just shook her head while Chaeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Wonyoungie?”

“Nope. Figure it out yourself, unnie.” Wonyoung said before going out of the room as well.

 

          Yujin just sighed and sat down, the popsicle in her hand already melted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Yujin arrived at their classroom shortly after the lunch break. She looked at Minjoo but the latter is clearly ignoring her.

 

“Okay, class. Please take your seats and we will start.” The teacher said and began the afternoon classes.

 

          She was close to dozing off when she heard the teacher raise her voice.

 

“Oh, before I forget. You have a reaction paper to be passed on Monday about the Renaissance period. Make sure to tackle the artists and artworks from that period. This would be done in pairs. You may choose your partner freely as long as you submit the paper. Any questions?”

 

          The whole class murmured but no one raised a question.

 

“If there aren’t any questions, you’re dismissed.”

 

          As soon as the teacher went out, everyone stood up and looked for their preferred partners. Yujin looked at Minjoo but she saw that she already partnered with Yuri, one of their classmates.

 

“Ahh, that’s very unfortunate.” Yujin told herself.

 

          Just then, someone draped their arms around Yujin’s shoulder before speaking.

 

“Hey, Yujin-ah. Got a partner yet?” Yena, her classmate said.

“Nope. I wanted to be partners with Minjoo but I guess Yuri already beat me to it.” Yujin sighed.

“Don’t worry buddy, I got you. Let’s go over there.”

 

          Yena dragged Yujin over to the two girls.

 

“Hey, Minjoo. Hi, Yuri.”

“What do you want, Yena?” Yuri asked.

“You see, Yujin and I are unfortunately paired up for this project due to the fact that everyone else is already taken.” Yena started dramatically.

“And your point is?” Minjoo asked this time.

“Obviously, we’ll go nowhere when we do this project by ourselves. That’s why I’m proposing a trade.”

“A trade? Of what?”

“I’m trading Yujin for Yuri. Let’s switch partners so no one would fail.” Yena said proudly.

“No.” Yuri deadpanned.

“Oh, come on! Please?”

“The answer is no, Yena.”

“Do you really want me to fail, Yuri-ya?” Yena pouted, her duck-like lips in full view.

“No, but I want you to work harder.”

“I’ll treat you to some tteokbokki. Deal?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Okay, I’ll treat you tteokbokki AND take you out for dinner.”

“Yena, I’m serious.”

“Please, Yuri-ya. You’re my only hope!” Yena went down on her knees in front of Yuri. Their classmates, noticing the commotion, glanced at their direction.

“Yah, Yena! Stand up! You’re embarrassing me!” Yuri blushed, aware of the attention they were garnering.

“So, is it a yes?” Yena asked with a glint in her eye.

“To what?”

“To dating me? Ack! I mean to being partners with me in this project?” Yena rubbed the back of her head where Yujin smacked her.

“Aish. Fine. But you’re still going to treat me tteokbokki.”

“Anything you want, my queen.”

 

          Yuri glared at her before pinching her arm and dragging her away. Yena gave Yujin a salute which she gladly returned.

 

“Hi, Minmin.” Yujin greeted as she sat beside Minjoo, but she was met with the girl’s cold glare.

“Don’t be mad, please?”

“Hmph.” Minjoo scoffed and looked away.

“Is this about the popsicle? I’ll buy you one as replacement.

“…”

“Ten replacements?”

“…”

“I’ll buy you popsicles and treat you to dinner?”

“…”

“Aish, I thought that would work.”

 

          Minjoo continued to ignore her while writing notes. Yujin had enough of the silence so she spoke up.

 

“Yah, Kim Minjoo. Are you going to keep ignoring me?”

“Yes.”

“Oh good, you finally replied. What are we doing?”

“…”

“Nice. One-word replies. Definitely mad.”

“…”

“Come on, Minmin. I’m sorry.”

“For?” Minjoo eyed her intently.

“I don’t know?... I thought you’d want me to apologize.”

“You don’t even know what you’re sorry for.” Minjoo stood up and went out of the classroom, leaving Yujin scratching her head.

“What’s with her? Is it the time of the month already?”

 

          She went out of the room and bumped into someone.

 

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking.”

“It’s fine. I was— oh, hello Yujin-ssi.”

“Oh. Chaewon-ssi. Shall we continue the tour? We still have time before the school closes.”

“No need. I’ll just look around by myself. Thanks for offering though.”

“I see. Well, if you need any help you can let me know.”

“Thanks. Also, I saw Minjoo-ssi go out earlier. She looked upset. Is everything okay?”

 

          Chaewon noticed Yujin’s scrunched eyebrows.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. That was very rude of me. I didn’t mean to.”

“No, it’s okay, really. I was just thinking of possible reasons why she’s like that.”

“Maybe you did something to upset her?”

“I don’t know. She’s not telling me anything.” Yujin sighed.

“I’m sure she’ll come around. You two are friends, right?”

“Yeah, of course we are.”

“That’s good then. I’ll see you around. Bye, Yujin-ssi.”

“Bye, Chaewon-ssi. Be careful on your way home.”

“I will.”

 

          Chaewon walked away, leaving Yujin alone.

 

“I guess I’ll just head home.”

 

          While walking, Yujin’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hello?”

“Yujin-ah. Is Minjoo with you?”

“No, Auntie. She left earlier than me. Why?”

“Her father and I have some business to attend to overseas. I tried calling Minjoo but she’s not answering her phone.”

“I’ll be sure to let her know, Auntie.”

“Can I ask you a favor, Yujin-ah?”

“Sure thing, Auntie. What is it?”

“Please take care of Minjoo while we’re gone. We won’t be home until Monday morning so can you stay with her for the time being?”

“I—Ah— Okay.”

“I hope it isn’t too much of a bother Yujin-ah. You’re Minjoo’s best friend so we trust you to take care of her.”

“No, no, it’s not a bother. I’m glad to help.”

“Thank you, Yujin-ah. Please tell your parents so they won’t be worried. Say hello to them for me also.”

“I will, Auntie. Have a safe trip. Bye.”

 

          Yujin ended the call and put her phone back in her pocket as she headed home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Minjoo is heading home while riding the bus. She’s staring out the window as thoughts of Yujin invaded her mind.

 

“Do I really like her that way? Or I’m just upset of the fact that for once, I’m not the center of her attention?”

 

          Thoughts of seeing Yujin with another girl irked her greatly.

 

“Maybe I’m just jealous because she’s my best friend. We’ve been like this since we were children.”

 

          She thought about what Eunbi and Chaeyeon said earlier.

 

“But I shouldn’t have been sulking when she ditched me. It’s not like she did it to see another girl. Oh, wait. Technically, she did. But that was just for student council duty so that doesn’t count. Wait, why am I overthinking this?”

 

          Her internal monologue was interrupted when she saw that the bus is already leaving the stop where she should get off.

 

“Oh my! I should’ve gotten off already!” She said as she pressed the bell to stop the bus.

 

          Minjoo stood up and walked shyly to the exit. She lowered her head when she felt the other passengers’ gazes on her.

 

“Sorry. Sorry. I wasn’t paying attention. I’m sorry.”

 

          She sighed when she got off the bus.

 

“That was embarrassing. This is your fault, Ahn Yujin.” Minjoo frowned.

 

Minjoo arrived home a few minutes later but she was surprised to see the front door locked.

 

“Mom? Dad? Are you home?” She knocked but there was no response.

 

          Luckily, she has her own spare key she can use. She went inside and removed her shoes before going to the living room.

 

“Where could they be?”

 

          Just then, her phone beeped, indicating that she received a new message. Minjoo checked her phone and saw a lot of missed calls from her mother, as well as a few messages.

 

[From: Mother]

-Minjoo, your Dad and I are going overseas for a few days. We asked Yujin to take care of you while we’re gone. Be safe, okay? Love you!

 

          She opened the newest one and saw that it was from Yujin.

 

[From: Yujin]

-Open the door. I’m here.

 

          Minjoo was surprised but she headed to the front door and opened it, revealing Yujin with a backpack.

 

“Why weren’t you answering your phone? Auntie was worried, you know?”

“I didn’t notice. I’m sorry.”

“Did you arrive just now?”

“Yeah.”

“Well?”

“What?”

“Let me in so I can put my things inside.”

“Why?”

“What do you mean why? Didn’t your parents tell you? I’m staying here until they come back.”

 

          Minjoo’s eyes widened with the realization.

 

“That’s what they meant by they asked Yujin to take care of me?” Minjoo thought.

“Uhh… Hello? Earth to Minjoo?”

“O-Oh… Sorry. Come in.”

 

          Yujin went inside and placed her bag down. She sat on one of the sofas.

 

“I hope you didn’t forget that we have a paper to pass on Monday.” Yujin reminded.

“Of course, I didn’t.”

“Oh, good. No more one-word replies.” She said cheekily.

“Shut up.”

“Alright. Shall we get started?”

“Fine. Let’s go to my room.”

 

          The two of them went to Minjoo’s room. She retrieved some clothes from her closet before heading to the bathroom.

 

“I’ll just get changed and then we’ll start.” Minjoo said.

“Alright. I’ll wait for you then.”

 

          Minjoo came out a few moments later. She’s wearing a loose shirt and dolphin shorts. Yujin couldn’t help but stare at her.

 

“Yah, quit staring at me and let’s do our project.”

“Y-Yeah. S-Sorry about that.” Yujin shrugged.

 

          They sat down on the study table and worked on their project for hours. When they were finished, Yujin stood up to stretch.

 

“Ahh~ Finally we’re done!”

 

          Yujin looked at Minjoo but she has a blank look on her face.

 

“Minmin, why do you look so sad? Aren’t you glad that we’re finished with the project?”

“It’s nothing. I’m just tired, I guess.” Minjoo pouted at her.

 

          She pinched her cheeks while cooing at her.

 

“You look so cute, Minmin~”

“Hmph, you’re always like that. You’re always teasing me.”

“What? I’m not teasing you. I’m telling the truth! You’re really cute!”

 

          Minjoo scoffed before she stood up.

 

“Whatever. Let’s just eat dinner before we go to sleep.”

“Alright then. I’m going to cook for us. You can wait for me in the living room.”

“Okay.”

 

          They went out of the room and Yujin proceeded to cook dinner. Minjoo waited in the living room while watching television.

 

“Minjoo-ya, dinner’s ready!” Yujin called out from the dining area.

 

          When she didn’t hear any response, she went over to the living room, only to find Minjoo sleeping peacefully.

 

“Minmin~ Wake up~ Let’s eat dinner.”

 

          Minjoo didn’t even budge. Yujin suddenly thought of a plan with a smirk on her face. She tucked her hair behind her ear before blowing air on it softly, making Minjoo stand up frantically. Yujin laughed hysterically at her.

 

“Y-Yah! W-Why d-did y-you d-do t-that?!”

 

          Yujin didn’t answer as she was still laughing hard. But then, she stopped laughing when she saw Minjoo with tears on her eyes.

 

“H-Hey. Why are you crying? It was just a joke, Minmin.”

“You’re always teasing me ever since we were children! I thought you were my best friend?!” Minjoo said, her tears threatening to fall.

“Of course, I’m your best friend! I’m the only one who knows how sensitive your ears are.” Yujin smiled cheekily at her.

“Tch, whatever. I’m just going to eat.” Minjoo wiped her tears and went to the dining room.

“Come on, Minjoo-ya… I’m sorry! I’m just messing with you!”

 

          Yujin followed and sat down beside Minjoo, earning a glare from the girl.

 

“As proof of my sincerity in asking your forgiveness, let me feed you. Come on, say ahh~” Yujin took a spoonful and placed it near Minjoo’s mouth.

“I don’t want to! I have two hands that are perfectly working, thank you very much.” Minjoo said sarcastically.

“Please?” Yujin used her puppy eyes at her, hoping that it would work this time.

 

          Minjoo paused for a moment and then she sighed.

 

“Fine. Do what you want.” She said before eating what Yujin gave her.

“There we go! Eat well, Minjoo-ya.”

 

          They continued being like that the whole dinner, with Yujin feeding Minjoo while eating a few spoonfuls of her own. It turns out that Minjoo were only against the idea at first, because when Yujin started feeding her, she was like a little girl eating her favorite food.

 

“I thought you don’t want me feeding you? Now, you’re getting angry when I don’t.”

“Your cooking is delicious. Besides, when would you ever feed me like this again? Why not take this chance, right?”

“Aish, the things I do for you, huh?”

“Of course! You love me, that’s why.”

 

          Yujin wasn’t sure if she heard it correctly.

 

“W-What did you say?”

“N-Nothing… I said I’m your best friend, that’s why.”

“O-Oh… Okay…”

 

          They went silent after that exchange. After they were done, Yujin collected their plates and brought them to the sink.

 

“Minjoo-ya, wait for me in the living room. I’ll just wash these dishes.”

“Okay. Thanks for the food.” Minjoo stood up and went to the living room again.

“Wait for me, okay? Then we’ll go to sleep.”

 

          Yujin washed the dishes for a while. When she was done, she went to the living room and saw Minjoo asleep again. This time, she didn’t prank her. She carried her bridal style to her bedroom. After laying Minjoo down on her bed, she was about to head out when a hand grabbed on her arm.

 

“Oh, hey. I thought you were already asleep? I’ll head to the guest room now.”

“Don’t. Please.”

“Why?”

“I-I’m s-scared.”

“Of what?”

 

          Just then, a loud boom of thunder echoed.

 

“I see. I must be busy washing the dishes earlier so I didn’t notice that it was raining.”

 

          Another boom of thunder made Minjoo stand up and hug Yujin tightly.

 

“Just sleep here, please? Don’t leave me alone.”

“Okay, okay, relax. How can I say no to you?”

“You can’t, but thanks anyway.”

 

          They both lied down on Minjoo’s bed. She hugged Yujin again when she heard another thunderclap. Yujin draped a blanket over both of them while laughing.

 

“What’s funny?” Minjoo asked.

“You’re such a scaredy-cat, Minmin.”

“There you go again. You’re teasing me again.”

“I’m sorry, okay? Let’s sleep now.”

“Thank you, Yujinnie.”

 

          Yujin was surprised when Minjoo kissed her on the cheek and is using her arm as a pillow.

 

“It’s nothing. What are best friends for? Sleep now, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

          When Yujin felt Minjoo’s soft breathing on her neck, she closed her eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Morning came and the sunlight is seeping through the windows. Yujin stirred because she felt something heavy on her stomach. She opened one of her eyes slightly and saw Minjoo straddling her. Yujin decided to pretend that she’s still asleep.

 

“Yujinnie~ Wake up~ I’m hungry~”

 

          She continued pretending to be asleep so she just groaned incoherently.

 

“Aish, get up Yujinnie! Cook breakfast for us!”

 

          Yujin groaned again, testing her reactions.

 

“If you don’t get up, I’ll kiss you!” Minjoo threatened.

 

          She smirked internally, knowing that Minjoo won’t do it. But then, Minjoo kissed her on the cheek.

 

“Wait. She’s serious?” Yujin thought.

 

          Minjoo kissed her again, this time on the other cheek when she still didn’t get up. She was losing her patience.

 

“Alright, that’s enough kisses.” Yujin decided.

 

          Minjoo was about to kiss Yujin’s cheek again when she suddenly sat up. Yujin’s eyes flew open when she felt soft lips against her own. She then saw Minjoo with her eyes as wide as her, their lips still connected.

 

“Oh my God!” They both thought.

 

          They parted away after a few moments. No one dared to speak up until Yujin broke the silence.

 

“S-Sorry. I d-didn’t m-mean t-to.”

“Y-Yah… T-That was my f-first k-kiss.” Minjoo said shyly, her head bowed down to hide her blushing face.

 

          She looked up in surprise when Yujin answered.

 

“It was my first kiss too.”

 

          They were both silent again. Yujin decided to break the awkwardness.

 

“Aish, let’s just forget about that and move on. Come on, I’ll make breakfast.”

 

          They both went out of the room. Yujin went to the kitchen to cook while Minjoo waited as usual.

 

“Minjoo-ya! Come here! Let’s eat!” Yujin called out as soon as she was done.

 

          Minjoo came to the dining room and sat down on the table.

 

“Thanks for the food!” They said in unison.

 

          They were really quiet while eating. Both of them are thinking about what happened earlier. When they were both done eating, Minjoo volunteered to wash the dishes.

 

“I’ll wash the dishes this time since you did it yesterday.”

“Okay then. Call me when you need anything.” Yujin said and headed to the living room.

 

          Minjoo sighed to herself as her thoughts were invaded by their sort-of kiss.

 

“Does that count as a kiss? I mean, our lips just touched, right? It’s not like Yujin used her tongue or anything. Wait. Why am I thinking of Yujin using her tongue? Snap out of it, Minjoo!”

 

          She continued washing the dishes while having an inner monologue with herself. Meanwhile, Yujin is thinking of the same thing.

 

“Why are we so awkward? Is it because of the kiss? I mean, was that even a kiss? Anyway, I guess I need to apologize to Minjoo properly.”

 

          Yujin stood up and went back to the kitchen. She was standing behind Minjoo while she is drying a plate when she suddenly spoke.

 

“Minjoo-ya.”

“Ahh!”

 

          Minjoo was shocked by the sudden voice behind her so she dropped the plate she was holding. Luckily, Yujin caught it in time. As she was going to stand up, she didn’t notice Minjoo looking down on her, causing both of them to bump their foreheads together.

 

“Ouch! That hurt!” Minjoo said, tears pooling in her eyes.

“Sorry! Wait, let me.”

 

          Yujin placed the plate on the sink first. Then, she stood in front of Minjoo, held her face with both hands and kissed the spot on her forehead where they bumped each other.

 

“Are you okay? Does it still hurt?”

 

          Minjoo looked up to her and sniffed, her tears threatening to fall.

 

“I-I’m f-fine. T-Thank y-you.”

“I’m so sorry, Minmin.”

 

          She embraced her tightly as she apologized repeatedly, whispering softly to Minjoo while peppering the top of her head with small kisses.

 

“It’s fine, Yujinnie, really. I’m okay. It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“Are you sure?” Yujin broke the hug and inspected her face closely.

“Too close.” Minjoo thought. “Y-Yeah… I-I’m sure…”

“Alright. Go and get changed.”

“Why? It’s Saturday. I’m not going anywhere.”

“We’re going out.”

“Where are we going?”

“It’s a secret. Just come with me, okay?”

 

          They both got ready to go out. Yujin was the one who finished changing first. She wore a long-sleeved shirt with yellow and blue stripes, black shorts and Vans shoes. Yujin was waiting for Minjoo at the living room when she went down. Minjoo also wore a long-sleeved shirt with black and white stripes, jean shorts and white Nike shoes.

 

“Minjoo-ya, come here for a second.” Yujin said as she stood up.

“Why? Do I look bad or something?”

“No, just… Come here.”

 

          Minjoo did as she was told, standing in front of Yujin. She scanned her from head to toe, making Minjoo gulp nervously. But then, Yujin suddenly pinched her cheeks.

 

“You’re so cute, Minmin~!”

“Aaaanngggg~ My cheeks~” Minjoo whined, making her look even cuter in Yujin’s eyes.

 

          Yujin looked at her again before speaking.

 

“We look like we have couple outfits, don’t you think?”

“Is that bad? Wait a minute, I’ll go get changed.”

“No, no, it’s okay. It’s perfect. You look perfect.”

 

          Minjoo’s heart skipped a beat from Yujin’s compliment.

 

“S-Shut u-up. Let’s just go.”

“You don’t even know where we’re going.”

“That’s because someone doesn’t want to tell me.”

“It’s a surprise, princess. So, let’s go?”

 

          Yujin held out her hand and Minjoo took it before they went on their way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          A few train rides and bus rides later, Yujin and Minjoo arrived at Lotte World. When Minjoo realized where they are, she punched Yujin’s arm lightly.

 

“Yah, why didn’t you tell me that we’re going to Lotte World?”

“I just told you. It’s a surprise.” Yujin said while rubbing her arm.

“Come on! Let’s go inside!” Minjoo grabbed Yujin’s arm and bounced on her heels excitedly.

“Calm down, Minmin. I’ll go buy tickets for us, okay? You can wait for me by the entrance.”

“Okay! Don’t take too long!” Minjoo went ahead while Yujin queued at the ticket booth.

 

          After a few minutes, it was Yujin’s turn to buy the tickets.

 

“Two tickets please.”

“That would be one hundred thousand won.”

 

          Yujin took a few bills from her wallet and paid the cashier.

 

“Here are your tickets. Please enjoy your stay.”

“Thanks.”

 

          She went over to Minjoo who’s already standing in front of the entrance.

 

“Let’s go! Let’s go!” Minjoo said enthusiastically, still bouncing on her heels like a little kid.

“I’m here! I’m here! Calm down!” Yujin chuckled at the sight of the overexcited girl.

“Come on!” Minjoo immediately linked arms with Yujin and dragged her along as they headed inside.

 

          They walked leisurely as Minjoo looked around excitedly, pointing out to Yujin whatever she finds interesting.

 

“Why are you so hyper today, Minmin?” Yujin asked her, their arms still linked together.

“It’s been a while since I’ve gone here, you know?” Minjoo pouted at her and Yujin pinched her cheeks softly.

“Tell you what, since it’s your first time here after a while, I’ll let you pick the first ride.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really.”

“Then, I want…”

 

          Minjoo put a finger on her chin and looked around, choosing which one they will go on first.

 

“There!” She pointed excitedly.

“Where?”

“The Camelot Carousel!”

“What? Are you serious? That ride is for kids, Minmin.”

“B-But… Y-You said I get to pick the first ride…” Minjoo pouted at her again.

“Stop pouting, Minjoo-ya. You know I can’t say no to you when you do that.” Yujin said.

“If you don’t want to go, I’ll just go by myself.”

 

          Minjoo untangled her arm from Yujin and went to queue at the line for the Camelot Carousel, leaving Yujin standing alone in the sea of people.

 

“Aish, this girl… Wait for me!” Yujin sighed and followed Minjoo.

 

          Yujin caught up to Minjoo and linked their arms together again, which made Minjoo’s face light up a bit.

 

“I can’t let you ride this by yourself, you know?” Yujin said sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.

 

          Minjoo just nodded and gave her a smile. After a few minutes of waiting, it was their turn to get on the ride. But then, the operator stopped them both.

 

“Are you two going to ride together?”

“Yes, we are.” Yujin answered.

“I’m sorry, but there’s only one horse available.”

“That’s fine, right? We can just ride the horse together.” Minjoo said.

“Well, yeah. But only kids do that.” The guy said.

“Yah, are you saying that we’re too old for this ride?!” Minjoo glared at the operator.

 

          The guy cowered under Minjoo’s intense glare. Yujin, noticing the poor guy’s situation, intertwined her hand with Minjoo’s and squeezed it softly to calm her down.

 

“It’s okay. We’ll make it work. Thanks for your concern.” Yujin told the guy.

“A-Alright then… S-Suit yourselves…”

“Let’s go, princess? Your ride awaits.”

 

          Minjoo should’ve cringed by how cheesy Yujin’s lines were, but her face turned to a light shade of pink as her “knight in shining armor” led her inside. Yujin mounted on the horse first and held out her hand.

 

“Here, let me help you up.”

 

          Minjoo looked up and saw the most beautiful view she ever witnessed in her life. The sunlight hits Yujin’s face at the perfect angle, making her look like an ethereal goddess. Her heart started beating faster the longer she stared at Yujin.

 

“She’s so beautiful.” Minjoo thought.

“Minjoo-ya, come on.”

 

          Minjoo woke up from her daydream and took Yujin’s hand. Yujin didn’t let go of her hand as Minjoo mounted the horse, settling right behind Yujin. The ride started abruptly a few moments later, making Minjoo almost fall off the mechanical horse. Luckily, Yujin grabbed her arms at the right time, saving her from falling.

 

“Minjoo-ya, are you okay? That was close. You could’ve gotten hurt.” Yujin frantically said, worry evident from the look on her eyes.

“I’m fine. Thank you for saving me, Yujin-ah.”

 

          She was surprised when Yujin placed her arms around her waist, making Minjoo hug her from behind.

 

“Hold on to me tightly, princess. Don’t ever let me go. Otherwise, you might fall again.”

 

          Minjoo’s face went even redder as she felt their close proximity from each other. With her arms locked around Yujin, coupled with Yujin’s sweet words, Minjoo looked like a tomato that grew a face. She was sure that Yujin could feel how fast her heart is beating as the ride goes on.

 

“Why am I being like this? Am I really falling for her?” Minjoo thought to herself.

 

After a while, Minjoo’s initial nervousness from earlier turned into a feeling of comfort and safety. She leaned her head on Yujin’s back and hugged her waist tighter.

 

“Comfy?” Yujin asked.

“Very.”

“Don’t fall asleep, okay?” Yujin chuckled.

 

          Suddenly, Minjoo had an idea.

 

“Yujin-ah, we should take a photo.” Minjoo suggested as she took out her phone.

“Let me take it for you.” Yujin said.

 

          Yujin smiled when she saw what Minjoo’s wallpaper is. It’s a photo of them together while they were younger. She opened the camera app and prepared to take a selfie.

 

“Okay. Say kimchi. One, two, three! Kimchi!”

 

          She took a selfie of them together, both of them with wide smiles on their faces. Yujin held up a peace sign by her cheek, her eyes turning to crescents and showing her deep dimples. Minjoo just tucked her chin on Yujin’s shoulder, her arms still around her.

 

“Let me see.” Minjoo insisted.

 

          Yujin showed her the photo and she smiled even wider.

 

“We look cute together, don’t we?” Yujin asked out of the blue.

 

          Minjoo was taken aback by the question so she just nodded. Her heart started beating faster again.

 

“Now, you have a new wallpaper.” Yujin said cheekily, changing Minjoo’s phone wallpaper to the photo they just took before giving back her phone.

 

“Okay, fine. I admit it. I like you, Ahn Yujin.” Minjoo thought to herself but she couldn’t say it out loud.

 

          After a few more rounds, the ride slowed down to a stop. Minjoo slowly got off the horse, assisted by Yujin. She held her chest and breathed deeply, trying to calm her wildly beating heart.

 

“Minmin, are you okay? Don’t tell me you got dizzy from this children’s ride?”

“It’s because of you, you idiot.” Minjoo thought. “O-Of course not! I’m fine!”

“Maybe we should take a short break. Just for you to regain your bearings.”

“I said, I’m fine!” Minjoo said stubbornly.

“Okay, chill. Where to next?” Yujin said, raising her hands up defensively.

 

          Minjoo looked around and pointed at a tall structure.

 

“There! I want to go on that!”

 

          Yujin followed her line of sight and her eyes widened when she realized what Minjoo is pointing at.

 

“Minjoo-ya, really? The Gyro Swing?”

“Yeah! That looks fun.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure. Come on! Before the line gets too long.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“Whatever. Let’s go!”

 

          Minjoo linked her arms with Yujin and they headed to the said attraction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          While they’re getting closer to the Gyro Swing, Minjoo could clearly hear the screams of the people on it. She’s now having second thoughts about going on the ride. When they got to the end of the line, she turned to Yujin.

 

“Yujin-ah.”

“Yes?” Yujin asked teasingly, already having an idea that Minjoo is going to back out.

“I don’t think I—”

“Hey. Fancy meeting you here.”

 

          Both of them turned to the source of the voice. It was Chaewon with another girl they aren’t familiar with.

 

“Oh! Hello, Chaewon-ssi.” Yujin greeted. Minjoo gave a slight nod as an acknowledgement.

“I see you’ve already made up.” Chaewon commented.

 

          Minjoo narrowed her eyes at Yujin but the latter just smiled and wrapped an arm around her waist before pulling her closer.

 

“Yeah, she couldn’t resist my charms. Anyway, who’s your friend?”

 

          Chaewon looked at the girl beside her.

 

“Ah, right. This is Hitomi, a friend of mine from my previous school. Hii-chan, this is Yujin-ssi and Minjoo-ssi. They’re my schoolmates.” Chaewon introduced.

“Hello. Nice to meet you.” Hitomi bowed at them.

“Likewise.”

 

          Just then, Hitomi’s phone beeped.

 

“Chaewon unnie, Nako just texted me. She told me that she’s lost. Should I go fetch her?”

“It’s fine. Go ahead. I’ll meet you both here later.”

 

          Hitomi bowed and immediately walked away. Chaewon sighed as she was out of sight.

 

“I guess I’m getting on the Gyro Swing alone.” Chaewon shrugged.

“Why don’t you join us?”

“Is it okay? I mean, am I not intruding?”

“Of course! It’s okay, right Minjoo?” Yujin asked.

 

          Minjoo is clearly out of it. Hearing the screams from the Gyro Swing is making her nervous.

 

“Minjoo? Hello?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter