end.

The Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyewon hi!” Sakura excitedly greets the other line, waving her hands through the screen.

Hyewon can’t help to laugh and greets back with the same enthusiasm. “Hello. How are you doing there today?”

“Not bad. Just itching to be back to Korea again.” Grumble, she got another five days left to stay in Belgium.

“Aw come on. I’ll be excited if I were you going around the globe.” Hyewon adjusts her laptop as she changes her position.

“The perks of being the daughter of a rich father.”

That makes Hyewon laugh out loud. Sakura is not amused but she started to laugh when she saw how suddenly choke of her saliva. The sight of Hyewon puffing her chest, gasping for air is funny.

“Yahh it’s not funny. I’m almost dying here!” Still coughing, Hyewon quickly drinks water to decrease her pain.

“Who told you to laugh like that? It’s still funny.”

“Bummer.”

“Stupid.”

They started to tease each other because that’s how their routine most of the time. They’re comfortable with each other but surprisingly they never met in a real life.

Hyewon and Sakura knew each other through online games. At first, they’re just coincidentally become teammates and they are surprised with each other’s skills. They decided to drop their username to play together again and that’s how their friendship started to bloom.

 

From playing games together casually to exchange numbers.

From chatting from the online games to messaging each other.

From talking during their games to now video and voice calls.

From a little shy to show their face to now following each other on social media.

From strangers become a game buddy to a close friend.

 

 

 

Yet they never saw each other. It’s been more than a year they knew each other but it seems the world against them to meet. Okay, exaggerate. This is the reason they didn’t get to meet.

Sakura is a Japanese but born and living in South Korea. The problem is her father is a very famous architect and Sakura work with him after she graduated from university. She got the same talent and passion as an architect, the reason why her father always drags her whenever they need to travel. She always busy and travel around the globe together with her father. Dealing with a lot of international clients, a new project, to find inspiration from inside and outside the country making Sakura cannot see Hyewon until now.

While Hyewon is the owner of Kang’s Travel & Tour, a new travel agency, only open for 2 years. She using most of her time to build her company. It’s difficult to maintain and stay long in the tourism industry if you’re new. This is the main reason Hyewon needs to work extra hard so her travel agency getting recognition with excellent service. Meeting with potential clients every day, sometimes follow customers’ group trips to make sure everything is under control even though she got reliable staff. Now, she can breathe and relax for a bit since her travel agency is stable now.

Both of them are busy with their career but they still got time to play games. Both are surprised when learning each other occupation and amused since they managed to steal a time to do gaming even with their busy schedules.

Game is a life. Life without a game is like a can without water in it. Empty and thin.

 

 

 

“Not busy today?” Sakura asked after she saw Hyewon watching her phone, probably reading her work notification.

Humming. “Just the usual stuff. Seeing clients and meeting with the coach.” She shrugged, putting her phone away.

“What are you doing today? Romantic dinner with your client?” Hyewon annoyingly raises her eyebrows.

“Pftt not on my radar. I came here to work, not finding a potential lover.” Sakura grimaced at the idea. “Thus, I’ve got someone whom I’m interested in.”

“What?!”

“What?” Sakura asks back to the surprised girl.

“How come you only tell me now? Who was this unlucky person?”

“Secret. I don’t wanna tell you.” Rolling her eyes as she heard Hyewon’s teasing.

“Stingy.”

“Of course,” Sakura smirked at the playful annoyed Hyewon.

“How about you?”

“What? Love?” Hyewon point at herself and Sakura nodded.

“Why should I tell you?” Revenge.

“Childish.” Sakura stuck her tongue.

Hyewon laugh. “Yea I do have someone I like.”

“Woah, did you confess?”

“Nope. Didn’t think that person like me back so I don’t want to lose my friendships.” Sheepishly said.

Sakura frown seeing dejected looks from Hyewon face before it vanishes and turns into a smile. Before she can talk more, she sees Hyewon talking with someone, or more like her pet.

“Zeze~come to mommy.”

Sakura smiles seeing Hyewon’s baby voice talking to her pet. She saw Hyewon bent before taking a little cute puppy named Zeze into her owner's arms.

Adorable.

“Anyeong Sakura Noona. My name is Zeze~” Hyewon taking Zeze’s paw and waving at the screen making Sakura going aww at the cute scene.

“He’s so cute! Anyeong Zeze~ Sakura Noona is here.”

“Of course! I raise him well.” Hyewon smugly said while gently caress Zeze's body.

“He is cuter than a photo from your Instagram. The photos didn’t do justice toward this fluffy boy.”

“That! I agree.”

But Zeze ignoring the pretty face on the monitor and proceed to lovingly abuse his owner's face. He’s and kissing Hyewon’s lips too much making her giggles. Freaking too much.

“Yah Zeze~ you’re tickling me. Fine fine. You can go playing with your toys. Go.” Hyewon put Zeze down before looking at quiet Sakura.

“Sakura?”

No answer. The girl just staring into space.

“Err Sakura...Sakura~”

Sakura is back from her daydream and worried Hyewon asked her if she’s okay which she just said she tired.

“Hmm if that the case, you should sleep. It’s been a long day for you.”

“You too. Have some sleep. Good luck for tomorrow Hyewon.”

“Same goes to you Sakura. Have a nice sleep. Let’s talk again when you’re free. Bye-bye.”

“Bye dummy~” Sakura wink and quickly hang up the video call before Hyewon can fight back.

Turning off her laptop and put it on the coffee table. She proceeds to do her skincare routine and not forgetting to turn off the lights before going to bed.

She’s tired but her eyes cannot sleep and she knew why. It’s because of the certain girl she just talks about. Yup, Kang Hyewon.

She’s upset when she heard that Hyewon interested in someone. Upset? Huh more like jealousy. Who is that person? How come that person is so stupid not liking Hyewon back?

Yes, Miyawaki Sakura has a huge crush on Hyewon and she’s hiding it. She felt relieved when Hyewon said she won’t confess her love. But the relief didn’t last long when her other competitor came.

Zeze.

I can’t believe I’m being extremely jealous because Zeze dared to kiss and Hyewon in front of me. That evil creature must sense I like his owner.

Urgh!

 


——-

 


Good morning. Don’t forget breakfast.
Hyewon.

 

Just finished breakfast. You too!
Sakura.

 

Hyewon smiles at the reply and putting her blazer on her body. She looks at the mirror and smiles at her attire today. A black floral dress that emphasizes her innocent vibes. She smirked.

You look so good.

That’s right. Hyewon just compliments her visual because it’s a fact also she loves herself. She knows she’s gorgeous.

“Woof woof!”

Zeze is crying to be held and of course, Hyewon will immediately snuggle her cutie. She taking a photo with her baby boy with pouting Hyewon and Zeze her lips. She sent the picture to Sakura to show her little buddy cuteness.

She’s not replying. Probably already busy.

“Mommy wants to go to work. Be a very good boy buddy.” She put Zeze down and waving at him while closing the door. “Bye-bye Zeze~”

 

 

Meanwhile...

Sakura and her dad are in the car on their way to the client’s appointment for their project. They took a grab and Sakura take this silent time to relax for a bit. It’s only 9 in the morning and she already tired.

 

*beep*

Notification entering and Sakura takes a quick glance. She smiles, a big smile that her dad notices it right away.

Mr. Miyawaki closely looking at his daughter's face from smiling to frowning and pouting.

“Who was that?”

Sakura startles hearing her dad asking questions. She shook her head saying nothing, just a stupid scammer sending her message. Mr. Miyawaki nodded and give a small smile.

She’s cute thinking I’m stupid enough to believe her excuse. Must be Hyewon.

Sakura and her dad are very close with each other and Sakura never hides anything including about Hyewon. He also knew Sakura’s crush towards the Korean girl and he is very supportive.

He saw a glimpse of the girl’s photo and seems like it makes her daughter upset. He chuckles and Sakura looking questioningly at her dad.

“What?”

“Nothing. I saw a bird.”

“What’s so funny about the bird?”

“You won’t understand it.”

“You’re weird.”

“You’re weird too my dear.”

Sakura huff and pinch her dad’s arm making Mr. Miyawaki yelp in pain. She stuck her tongue and looking back at her phone. She doesn’t want to reply.

Just because she jealous Zeze got to taste the lips she’s longing to taste. Childish.

Mr. Miyawaki shakes her head seeing Sakura's behavior. Good luck with my daughter Hyewon.

 


——

 


Hey 👋🏻
Did you get enough rest?
Hyewon.

 

Seen.

 

Urgh jet-lagged.
At least I’ve enough sleep.
Sakura.

 

I thought you got your in the office today.
I’m glad you still on your bed.
Hyewon.

 

I want to but dad said no work today 😤
Sakura.

 

Rest day for you.
Hey.
Wanna ask you something.
Hyewon.

 

Shoot.
Sakura.

 

Let’s meet!
Hyewon.

 

What?! Today? Can’t!
I’m a mess today 😱
Sakura.

 

Silly! Definitely not today 😅
How about this weekend?
Are you free?
Hyewon.

 

This weekend?
Do you mean tomorrow?
Sakura.

 

Yep!
Are you free tomorrow?
Hyewon.

 

Are we finally will meet officially?
Sakura.

 

Yes, almost 2 years and we still don’t lmao.
So?
Hyewon.

 

Sorry......just checking my schedule and...
Hmmm......
Sakura.

 

You’re very busy huh? 😔😔😔😔😔
It’s alright ☹️
Hyewon.

 

Kidding!!! 🤭
Sakura.

 

Yahhhhhhhh 😭😡
Stupid ☹️
Hyewon.

 

Aww, don’t sulk.
So what’s the plan?
Sakura.

 

Let’s just meet at my home.
Will cook, you just need to bring your body here.
Noon is nice.
Hyewon.

 

Seriously!!
Yay free food!
Can I request something?
Sakura.

 

Sure anything.
What is it?
Hyewon.

 

I love prawn 🍤🤩
Sakura.

 

Hahahaha fine.
I will make prawn dishes special for you.
Hyewon.

 

Thank you Hyewon!
Can’t wait to meet you.
And your dishes.
Sakura.

 

Me too.
See you tomorrow 😙
I need to get back to work.
Hyewon.

 

Ahh right.
Have a nice day ahead.
Sakura.

 

You too.
Eat!
Hyewon.

 

Right back to you.
Byeeee 👋🏻
Sakura.

 

Both of them now excited and nervous, for some reason. Finally, they will meet.

 


————

 


Hyewon going to her bedroom after seeing she have time to take a bath before Sakura arrives. She feels sticky after a war in the kitchen and she needs to be presentable later. Even they already saw each other worst on the video call.

After all, this is the first time they will meet each other in real life.

She put a white short sleeve t-shirt matching with denim jeans, applied a little bit of lip balm. She takes a look at herself and smiles.

Yup, not too much.

She goes straight to the kitchen taking out a wine bottle and glasses. All the dishes are ready to serve on the table.

“All done. Wait, ayy I forgot to put the napkin.” Hyewon quickly runs to the drawer and pulling out the napkin before putting it carefully at the eating table.

She double-checks again so she won’t forget anything. Hyewon releases a huge sigh of relief seeing everything are complete and under control. And right on cue.

*ding dong*

She’s here! Her heart beating fast, excited.

“Hyewon.”

And there she is, a woman she wants to see all this time, standing in front of the front door wearing big smiles, eyes sparkling with excitement.

Without further do, Hyewon quickly pulls Sakura into her home and close the door. The short hair girl startles at first but she feels a warm body against her, making her heart feels doki doki. Hyewon gives a big hug after seeing Sakura after a long time, the latter return it with the same energy.

“We finally meet.” Hyewon whisper to Sakura’s ear making her shiver. Sakura humming agreed. They let go of each other and giggles.

“You won’t even wait until we get inside huh.” Sakura teases the other girl.

“Practically, you’re inside my house now.” Hyewon points the obvious poking Sakura's forehead makes the girl slaps her right arm.

“Welcome to my house Sakura.” Hyewon pulls Sakura to the living room.

The said girl give a home gift to Hyewon and look around the house. “You got a very nice decoration. Simple but elegant.”

“I like a simple thing but keep it classy. Like me.” She smugly said, Sakura faking to puke hearing Hyewon’s answer.

“Are you hungry?”

“That’s why I come here. For free food.”

“Hahaha, I knew you will answer like that. So we eat first?”

“Bring it on!”

 

 


“Woah! This is amazing.” Sakura mouth open wides seeing a variety of foods at the table.

“Are you really cooking this?”

“Why? Do you think I can’t cook?” Hyewon frowns and Sakura quickly correcting her words.

“No! I mean are you cooking all of this alone? This is truly yabai.” Sakura is so amazed.

Hyewon left a shy laugh. “I don’t have an idea of what to cook. But you just came back from Belgium, so I thought you might miss some Korean or Japanese cuisines.”

“B-but you cook both...”

“Since I can’t decide, so I choose to cook both cuisines. It’s not much but I hope you like it.”
Sakura feels very touch with Hyewon’s effort welcoming her. She takes Hyewon's left hands and grips it softly to show her gratitude. “Thank you Hyewon.”

Hyewon smiles. “No biggie. Oh! I also got your favorite shrimp. Tadaaa! Garlic Butter Shrimp special for you.”

“Oh my god! This smells so good.” Sakura excitedly clapping her hands.

“Let’s dig in. Enjoy your meal Sakura.”

“Itadakimasu!”

They had a very great time catching up with each other life. Great foo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter