chapter 1 - make it up to you

under the mistletoe - mark lee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was December, it was snowing in Seoul. And everyone was getting ready for Christmas.

I quickly stepped into a café to escape from the cold. I was supposed to meet someone here today.

“Hey Jieun over here!” Soojin said and waved at me. “Hello~~ Long time no see!! Awhh I missed you so much!!” I said and pulled her into a hug.

“You miss me because we rarely hangout!” She teased as we both sat down at a table near the window. “Miss here are your coffees,” “Just on time!” Soojin chirped. “one iced americano and one flat white” The waiter said and placed both drinks on the table.

“Aww you remember!” I said and took a sip of the flat white. “Of course, I do” She smiled. “Since when did you started to drink americano? I thought you hated that sh*t” I asked and look at her drink.

“Hmm… not sure… I guess I just kinda pick up Johnny’s habit haha” She smiled.

“So how you’ve been? Is everything okay with your new boyfriend?” I asked.

“Come on Jieun, he’s not new! Johnny and I have been dating for 5 months now! And you were the first to know!” Soojin exclaimed. “well… I rarely meet him so…” I shrugged and continue to take another sip of my coffee.

“Yeaa~ Park Jieun is always busy, let me guess? You’re preparing for the next semester?” She raised a brow and I just gave a small nod. “Gosh, when will you ever take a break Jieun-ah?” She asked. “Our semester literally doesn’t start in like two months. What are you even preparing for?” She exclaimed.

“You don’t understand Soo, I have to be in the dean list in order to get a scholarship! And do you know how hard it is for me to-“ I was cut midway by her putting her hand in front of me. “Shush, I know it’s hard,” She said

“But… I just miss you, I miss us. We rarely hangout… it kinda feels like your studies are more important” She said and gave me her classic big doe eyes. I just sighed. “You don’t miss me? I’m your best friend Park Jieun~~” She fake cried and whined.

“I do, I do miss hanging out and chilling. I’m sorry if I ever neglected you, I really am. Okay?… I’ll make it up to you… I promise! … I’ll start…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter