Fin

Come and Turn Around

Two months. In a span of two months, nothing much has changed. Well, that was what she thought. But the more she think about it, the more obvious it is. She hasn't moved on. How can she? When the only reason to wake up every morning was gone, the chaste kisses that her lover would give, the unexpected unfolding of events when they were together. So, no. She haven't moved on. She wouldn't be able, she thought.

 

She heaved a sigh and stared at the ceiling, boring holes as she tried to catch some sleep. It has been a while since she had her peaceful sleep. Every now and then, she wonders. How can one be so cruel? How can someone leave like that? Did she do something wrong? Yes, she did. She let her world revolve on someone she shouldn't. 

 

She shook her head and get herself out of her bed. She needs to wind up a bit around the city. Her day would always be filled with her feeling the emptiness inside her, lazing around her room, not eating and getting scolded by her friend, and driving through the city with no destination. Yeah, I'm fine. A lie. She knows more than anyone that she isn't, and wouldn't be anytime soon. Deciding to take a peek at her phone, it was already 2 am. She made her way out of her room and grabbed her keys. She went outside of her shared apartment and stood in front of the car. She fished her phone out of her pocket and decided to text her mother— friend. After doing so, she went inside her car and started her journey to nowhere.

 

While driving she couldn't help but remember the time they spend together. Late night drives on places they don't exactly know, adventures at the most unusual places. The honest talks they get while cuddled up together on the bed. How could she not forget those times? It was the most happiest moments she could ever think of. But when things started to change, they slowly drift off apart from each other. Sinb didn't want to let go, she wanted to fix things because she knows they can fix it. But the other was headstrong and she was defeated. It was like holding loose sand in her hands, the more she grasp it tighter, the less the sand stays in her hands. 

 

No. She shouldn't be thinking about this. It has been two months, for freak's sake. She tried various ways of getting rid of her thoughts of that woman. But the song on the radio wasn't helping. It was like the deities above really wants her to tick off.

 

'Cause you're out the door,

Just one mistake you say you're not in love no more

But was it really love if you could leave me for

Something so innocent

Is this the end?

Thought you'd be there through thick and thin

 

Ouch. Of all songs, how can this one hit her so hard? Well, part of being broken hearted was her drowning herself on sad songs. But none of those really hit a spot on her heart, but this one in particular really, if not, made her heart shattered into pieces. Not wanting to remind herself of how stupid she had been for the past months, she refocused on the road. A few more and she stopped when the stoplight turned red. She took a good look around as she wait for the lights to turn green. There was no one except her lone some car and of course her loneliness. 

 

She remembered the conversation she had with her friend that she hared her apartment with three weeks ago.

 

"Sinb, you're an idiot."

 

"I know, you don't have to state the obvious."

 

Sojung was beyond bewildered by what the younger had said. Whenever she starts picking on the younger, she'd surely fight back and will eventually turn into a running episode of them. But seeing the younger so defeated, she felt guilty.

 

"You're not Sinb. Bring back my friend."

 

"She took her away with her."

 

It took Sojung a minute before realizing her friend was still in love with a woman named Yerin. She felt pity for the younger but she wants to help Sinb move on from that stupid ball of sunshine, as what Sinb described the woman. She went towards the younger, wrapping her arms around the fragile woman. In her eyes, Sinb would always be a child, her child to be exact. She witnessed how Sinb grew, how Sinb had her first love, and of course first heartbreak. She felt the younger shaking on her arms. She patted Sinb's back as she let the younger tighten her hold against her. She was hurt, moreover she got herself broken for someone she wouldn't expect to build then broke her world apart. After calming down, Sojung mustered up the courage by asking the younger.

 

"Would you accept her if she comes back?"

 

Sinb was taken aback by the question, but seeing Sojung's patient eyes, she thought of an answer.

 

"The possibility of her coming back to me is like looking for a treasure without a map. I'm saying it's impossible."

 

"But think about it, if she comes back. What would you do?"

 

Sinb remained silent. What would she do if Yerin comes back? To be honest, she doesn't know. Will she ask her to stay? Will she remain frozen on her spot or would she have the courage to not accept the woman? But she knows the latter of the choices will never happened.

 

"I... don't know?"

 

"Then answer this questions. Do you still love her?"

 

Ah. She knows.

 

"Y-yeah."

 

"Would you rather succumb in loneliness rather than giving yourself a chance to find yourself?"

 

"O-of course not. I want to forget the p-pain."

 

"Then, would you rather be with someone else to forget the pain?"

 

Sinb thought, how can she if she's still not over that ginseng? It took her a moment before answering Sojung.

 

"No."

 

"Then there's your answer. If she comes back, you know what to answer. Take some rest Sinb, you've been experiencing insomnia because of thinking. I don't want to see you like this, Shawing."

 

"YAH!"

 

Sinb scoffed at how right Sojung was. The older never fails to make her realise things she couldn't see on another light. But that conversation with Sojung made her hope that Yerin would still have feelings for her. She hope even if it's just a tiny bit, she hope that Yerin would still feel the same. She shook her head and started to drive her way back home. But she suddenly stopped at a familiar bridge she used to go to when she's thinking. She went out of her car and overlooked the river over the bridge. The sun was rising and she doesn't have any idea how long she was driving around the city. She closed her eyes, reminiscing over the things that brought her smile and tears. She smiled as she thought of bringing Sojung a breakfast as a token for tolerating her. But before she could even step inside her car, a voice called out to her.

 

"S-sinb."

 

She looked over towards the owner of the voice. She was wearing a one piece dress, her hair tied up in a low ponytail and was wearing a nervous smile.

 

"Would you mind talking over breakfast?"

 

For the first time in months, Sinb smiled with the thought of breakfast and Yerin.