My Knight in Shining Armor, J

Another Ordinary Love Story

 
 
"Jinsoul-ah, are you ready?"
 
"Give me a sec, mom." Jinsoul took one final look at the mirror before she grabbed her bag and rushed down the stairs.
 
"Aww, my baby is pretty as always." Her dad looked at his little princess with so much love and adoration.
 
"I thought you're opposing this. But look at you. Are you sure you don't want this?" Her mom can't help but to daughter.
 
"I AM opposing this. Because c'mon, who's still doing this arranged marriage thingy in 2020? But I still have to look presentable at least, and be brag-able for you two. After all Uncle and Autie Kim are your best friend and best business partner." Jinsoul reasoned out.
 
"Okay, fine. Whatever you say, dear." Her mom chuckled.
 
Soon the trio got inside Mr. Jung's black BMW and they drove away.
 
 
(Inside the restaurant)
 
"A reservation under Mr. Kim Taeyoung, please?" Mr. Jung said to the waitress at the front desk.
 
"Please follow me. This way." The waitress leads the way and the Jungs follow her.
 
Soon they stopped in front of a VIP room that located separately with the other guests.
 
The waitress knocked twice and pushed the door open.
 
"Oh Kyungho, you're finally here!" A manly voice can be heard after the door opened.
 
Jung Kyungho walked toward Taeyoung to give him a brotherly hug, while their wives also hugged each other. Leaving their poor two daughters to stand awkwardly beside the four adults.
 
Jinsoul is always a confident person, but after seeing the Kim's daughter up close, Jinsoul can't help but to feel somewhat self-conscious and shy. It’s been awhile since she met someone who can make her feel like this.
 
Her parents never show her the picture of Jungeun. So she didn’t know what to expect.
 
Yeah, her name is Jungeun. What a beautiful name.
 
Her long-light brown hair that cascaded down perfectly on her beautifully curved yet looking sturdy shoulder. Her high cheekbones. Her cute little nose. Her pretty brown orbs. Her fair-rather pale skin. Her y red lips.
 
Honestly Jinsoul could list more, but she stopped herself. Because even she herself found it creepy to observe someone you just met this much. 
 
There's only one thought in Jinsoul's mind right now.
 
Kim Jungeun is a goddess.
 
A cold one it is. Because Jungeun, despite her slightly pinkish cheeks, her lips are shut in straight line, her face remained stoic. Jinsoul can feel the cold aura radiating from her.
 
Maybe Jinsoul is not the only one who’s opposing this arranged marriage.
 
Jinsoul knows she should feel happy for that. Because if Jungeun doesn’t want it, means there will be no problem to cancel their parents’ arrangement for them since it’s mutual. Case closed. 
 
But weirdly Jinsoul feels slightly disappointed at the thought. She doesn’t even know why. Maybe she was just hoping to at least able to get to know Jungeun better, as a friend.
 
And as if God heard her prayer,
 
“Jungeun honey, can you please take a stroll with Jinsoul and get to know each other better? The old ahjummas and ahjussis here are going to talk about things that will only bore you two to death. I’ll call you when the foods are ready.” Mrs. Kim told her daughter.
 
Jungeun obediently nodded. “Ne, eomma.”
 
Jungeun then wordlessly walked out of the room and held the door open, waiting for Jinsoul.
 
Jinsoul got the message, so she slightly bowed her head to the four elders and excused herself.
 
 
Once they are outside,
 
“Uh.. Damn this is awkward.” Jinsoul mumbled to herself, but loud enough to be heard by Jungeun who’s walking not too far beside her.
 
Jungeun chuckled. And that’s what it takes for Jinsoul to finally snapped her head toward the younger.
 
Jungeun still has a small smile on her face. And Jinsoul can’t help but to stare. Because Jungeun looks even prettier when she smiles.
 
Jungeun turned her head to meet Jinsoul’s eyes because she can feel how the older’s gaze is boring into her. And when she did, Jinsoul quickly averted her gaze back to her front, blushing.
 
Stupid Jinsoul, of course Jungeun will realize that she was staring because she didn’t being subtle at it. Not at all.
 
“To make it less awkward, let’s start with an official introduction. Hi, i’m Kim Jungeun. 21 years old.” Jungeun offered her right hand, with a small friendly smile on her face.
 
Contrasting with her fierce and strong look, Jungeun's voice is light and dainty. 
 
She might looked cold at the first glance. But that’s just her look. Jinsoul makes a mental note on that.
 
Jinsoul took Jungeun’s hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze.
 
Jungeun's hand is smaller than hers. And it's so soft and warm. 
 
“Hi, i’m Jung Jinsoul. 23 years old. I’m the unnie then.” Jinsoul said with a playful smile that showed her white-pretty teeth. Thank God, she can finally loosen up a bit in front of her supposedly fiancee.
 
“Okay then, unnie. So, let’s get some fresh night air. I know it’s pretty cold outside, but our parents are literally chased us out. Telling us to leave. So what can we do, right?” Jungeun shrugged before she flashed Jinsoul another smile. A rather cheeky one this time.
 
Jinsoul had to snorted at that. She found Jungeun adorable. But she won’t tell the younger about that.
 
“Let’s go then.” The two walked side by side toward the park with a smaller distance than before in between them.
 
They sat at the long bench basking in a comfortable silence, surprisingly.
 
“So, have any lover?” Jungeun suddenly asked. She still has her eyes looking up to the sky as she asked that.
 
“Ah, yeah. I have a boyfriend actually.” Jinsoul carefully said.
 
“I see. Then you must be opposing the arrangement.”
 
“Y-yeah. Sorry. Look, please don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing wrong with you. You’re pretty, no, you’re gorgeous. It’s not like i don’t like you or anything. It’a just i—“
 
“It’s okay, unnie. I get it. You have a boyfriend. Of course you will not want to be in a set up marriage with someone else. I understand. I will not take it personally. And thank you for the compliment. You're not so bad yourself.” Jungeun winked at Jinsoul and Jinsoul can’t help herself from blushing again. And guess Jungeun saw that. Because she laughed softly.
 
“How about you, Jungeun? Do you have any lover?”
 
“Used to have. But i just broke up with her. Like two months ago.”
 
“A her huh?”
 
“Yeah. I never like men.” Jungeun honestly said.
 
“I see.”
 
“Sorry, did i make you feel uncomfortable, unnie?”
 
“Oh no no. You didn’t. I’m okay.” Jinsoul quickly denied. But Jungeun seems to not believing her yet. So Jinsoul speaks again.
 
“Really, Jungeun-ah. I don’t mind. If you think i will be bother with the fact that you like girls, women, then please rest assure because i’m totally fine with it. My best friend is a lesbian too. And i’m fully supporting her. There’s nothing wrong with it. Love is love.” Jinsoul earnestly said, hoping Jungeun will feel the sincerity.
 
“I see. Good then. Because i’m afraid we will be stuck with each other for a while, until we can break this arrangement.”
 
“Yeah, i understand. After all, our parents are good friends. We have to at least try to please them as best as we can. But really Jungeun-ah, you probably find it weird or cheesy, but i would love it if i can get to know you better and be your friend. You seem to be a fun person, and i think we can get along just fine. I-i mean if you want it too. No pressure tho.”
 
Jungeun laughed again, louder this time. And Jinsoul yet again find herself staring, admiring the beauty in front of her eyes. And she likes the sound of Jungeun’s laughter.
 
“Why not, unnie? I’m in. Let’s get to know each other better. And be friends. Who knows after that you’ll fall for me and leave your boyfriend for me?” Jungeun suggestively wiggling her eyebrows.
 
Jinsoul choked on her saliva. She knows Jungeun means no harm. She also knows that the younger was just being playful and joking. But she just can’t help it.
 
“Omo! Are you okay, unnie?” Jungeun immediately patted the older’s back.
 
“I.. I’m okay. I just need to get used to your playfulness and flirt. I didn’t know my fiancee is this deadly.” Jinsoul now knows how to tease back as leaned closer to shot a wink at Jungeun. And with their close proximity, it’s easy to see the blush that crept on to the younger’s cheeks.
 
“Eish.” Jungeun playfully shoved Jinsoul away by the shoulder and the two laughed.
 
They just met today. They just knew each other for like an hour. Yet they can already feel comfortable around each other like this and just somehow clicked.
 
As if they’re an old friend that just meet again.
 
Or maybe, soulmates?
 
***
 
Jungeun got a call from her mom, saying the foods are ready. So the two walked back inside the VIP room with their linked arms, surprising their parents.
 
But the two knew they did a right thing because their parents look beyond happy to see how close they become.
 
The two made an agreement to slowly let their parents know later that they are better as good friends instead of lovers. They believe their parents will accept that. But for now, they will try to get to know each other better like what their parents want them to.
 
The dinner filled with lots of banter and laughter. Jinsoul didn’t expect it before.
 
She really didn’t expect she will enjoy the dinner with her supposed to be fiancee and in law. She used to feel nervous out of discomfort to think that she will be stuck in that awkward dinner. It will be torturing. But seeing how wide her smile is right now, Jinsoul realized that she was worrying for nothing.
 
***
 
So the parents agree for their daughter to date each other first for two months before they can discuss further about the marriage and all.
 
Both Jinsoul and Jungeun shared a look, telepathically sharing their thoughts across the table before the two nodded at the same time.
 
“Sure.” And also said it in unison.
 
///

On the next day, Jinsoul has to meet Jungeun again. They will have a lunch date.
 
Actually Jinsoul’s boyfriend, Doah, called her earlier this morning. Asking her out for a date. But Jinsoul already have a plan with Jungeun. She feels bad if she would suddenly cancel it. So she did something that surprising her own self.
 
She lied to her boyfriend. Something that Jinsoul never did before. She lied to him, saying she has a family matter to take care of, and choose to stick with the lunch date plan with Jungeun.
 
Doah sounded kinda annoyed at first because of the rejection. But Jinsoul promised him that she will visit his place later in the evening instead. And that’s enough to make Doah happy again. Because Jinsoul believed her date with Jungeun will ended before evening.
 
But Jinsoul really didn’t predict this scenario either.
 
Where her boyfriend meet her fiancee. At least not this fast.
 
Jinsoul and Jungeun were happily walking around the mall, did some shopping as the two talked and joked with each other, looking like the bestest friends.
 
But suddenly Jinsoul heard a familiar manly voice calling for her name from behind. And she immediately freeze on her spot.
 
“Jinsoul? Is that you?”
 
Jinsoul sighed as she cursed under her breath.
 
“Crap.”
 
Jinsoul slowly turned her body around to confirm her fear.
 
“Oh, it’s really you, babe. What are you doing here? I thought you said you are busy with some urgent family matter?” Doah suspiciously eyeing Jinsoul and the girl beside her.
 
“Ah.. I—i..”
 
“Hi, you must be Jinsoul unnie’s boyfriend. I’ve heard a lot about you from unnie. I’m Jungeun, by the way. Jinsoul’s unnie cousin. Sorry for hogging unnie for myself today. I’m that urgent family matter she referred to.” Jungeun chuckled as she offered her right hand to the man.
 
“Ah, i see. No, it’s okay. I understand. She needs her sisters bonding time too. Nice to meet you, Jungeun-ssi. And yeah, i’m Doah, Jinsoul’s boyfriend.” Doah accepted Jungeun’s hand and shook it.
 
Jinsoul secretly let out her relieved sigh.
 
She’s saved. Thanks to Jungeun.
 
The two girls bid their goodbye to Doah. Jungeun with a wave, and Jinsoul with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
 
Jinsoul tried to secretly see Jungeun’s reaction. For some reasons, she feels bad for showing her affection for Doah in front of Jungeun. When she perfectly know that Jungeun is okay with that. After all, they are having the same purpose here. To reject the arranged marriage and be just friends.
 
Jungeun seems unaffected. But her expression is kinda gloomy. She’s quite hard to read.
 
“Umm, sorry about that.” Jinsoul said after Doah is no longer at sight.
 
“I should be the one who say sorry, unnie. I didn’t know you have a plan with your boyfriend today. Sorry.”
 
“No no. Actually we didn’t have a plan today. At least until he suddenly called this morning. But that’s okay. We planned our date way before he called so it’s only right to do things in sequence, right? First comes, first serves!” Jinsoul playfully said. Trying to make Jungeun feel less guilty. Because it’s really not her fault. And Jinsoul would hate it if she sees Jungeun beat herself for that.
 
“But still..” Jungeun sighed and hung her head low.
 
So Jinsoul did what she thinks will cheer the younger up. She pulled Jungeun into a hug. Surprising the younger since Jinsoul can hear how the younger gasped softly when their bodies collided.
 
“Stop frowning. I said it’s really okay.” Jinsoul softly said as she patted Jungeun’s back like how her mother used to patted her when she was a kid. The gesture always calm her down. And make her feel better even after having a rough day.
 
Guess it works on Jungeun too.
 
Because Jinsoul can feel how Jungeun’s tensed shoulder starts to relax and the younger wrapped her arms around Jinsoul’s body, hugging the older back, rather hesitantly. But that’s enough for Jinsoul.
 
“Jungie..” The nickname rolled out of so naturally. And it feels right.
 
“Yea?”
 
“Ice cream or cake?”
 
“H-huh?”
 
“Just choose.”
 
“O-oh. Okay. Hmm, cake?”
 
“Okay then!” Jinsoul cheerfully said as she leaned back and gently break their hug. She then grabbed Jungeun’s hand and softly tugged the younger to walk with her again.
 
Skinship is a normal thing for Jinsoul. She always did it with her friends. And she‘s naturally a clingy person to begin with.
 
“Uhh, where are we going?” Jungeun asked after being dragged by the older.
 
Jinsoul just grinned at her,
 
“I know a cafe that sell the best cake in town. Let’s go there!” Jinsoul excitedly said. Jungeun saw the obvious excitement in the older eyes. Her eyes are literally twinkling.
 
Jungeun chuckled.
 
“Who’s older between us again, unnie?”
 
Jinsoul rolled her eyes after being teased but doesn’t slow down her steps and keep dragging Jungeun toward the parking lot where she parked her car.
 
After hours of spending time together, the two decided to call it a day.
 
Jinsoul drove Jungeun back to her home. And being the gentle woman she is, as soon as her car stopped in front of the Kim mansion, Jinsoul rushed to open the car door for Jungeun.
 
Jungeun gave Jinsoul a sweet smile as she said her thanks.
 
“Thank you for today, unnie. I had fun.” Jungeun said.
 
“You said that because i bought you that super delicious ice cream and let you to ate as many as you wanted.” Jinsoul said, squinting her eyes at the laughing Jungeun.
 
“Okay okay. You got me.” Jungeun said, raising her both hands in the air, surrendering.
 
“Ck. This brat.” Jinsoul playfully send a death glare at the younger.
 
“Uh.. are you going to meet your boyfriend now?” Jungeun timidly asked. She’s avoiding Jinsoul’s eyes and Jinsoul wondered why.
 
“Yeah. Why?”
 
“Ah.. nothing. Just.. it’s kinda late now. Please drive safe and take care of yourself. You better leave now, unnie. Before it’s getting more late. Bye.” Jungeun suddenly took a big step back, and honestly Jinsoul doesn’t like that. She doesn’t like the suddenly made distance between them.
 
“Aww, is my fiancee is worrying me?” Jinsoul decided to tease the younger to lighten up the mood.
 
“Yes, i am, unnie. I’m worrying you. Happy?” Jungeun said with her stoic face.
 
Anyone who sees it surely will run away out of fear. But not Jinsoul. She has seen how that scary face is just a facade. Behind it, there’s a warm and kind hearted girl.
 
“Yeah! Super happy! Hehe~” Jinsoul said and smiled like an idiot. Jungeun just shook her head witnessing that.
 
“You better leave now, unnie.” Jungeun repeated, firmer this time. Because Jinsoul is still standing in front of her unmoved.
 
“Psh. Fine fine. You really want to get rid of me that bad huh?”
 
Jungeun nodded affirmatively.
 
“Yah!” Jinsoul barked and Jungeun finally cracked a small smile at that.
 
“Where’s my goodbye hug, Jungie?” Jinsoul opened her arms wide.
 
“...”
 
“I’m waiting.”
 
“...”
 
“I won’t leave before i get my goodbye hug.”
 
“Tsk. You’re such a baby, unnie. C’mere!” Jungeun grabbed Jinsoul’s hand and pulled the older closer toward her before circling her arms around Jinsoul’s slender waist.
 
“I’m not a baby. I’m just an Olaf. I love warm hugs!” Jinsoul snickered as she hugged Jungeun tight before letting go.
 
“Bye for now, my fiancee. Wait for my call. We’ll have another date soon!” Jinsoul said as she walked backward toward her car with her hand keeps waving excitedly at Jungeun.
 
“Yeah, i’ll be looking forward to that, Jung Jinsoul-ssi.” Jungeun waved back, tho less energetic that Jinsoul’s.
 
And only after Jinsoul’s car is no longer at sight, Jungeun let a silly smile to curved on her face. She has been holding that back for awhile now.
 
***
 
It’s been 20 days since the first time they met each other. And they have gotten closer like a lot in those short span of time. They met each other almost every day. Or if they couldn’t due to their busy schedule, they will still have a constant chat or video call.
 
Jinsoul is glad that she got to meet Jungeun. She’s like the sweetest-most caring and understanding person she ever met. Despite being the younger one between them two, Jinsoul finds Jungeun to be the one who acted more mature and thoughtful, compare to her. Being with Jungeun makes her feel safe. Because Jungeun is that reliable.
 
It’s no longer a secret to everyone that Jinsoul can be pretty handful at times. She’s such a big baby. A big klutz. A hot mess. But Jungeun can always take a good care of Jinsoul. She seems to perfectly know how to handle the clumsy-dumb Jinsoul.
 
And so, Jinsoul finds herself to be really comfortable around Jungeun. She grew fond of the younger.
 
And it’s obvious that the fondness is mutual. 
 
Jinsoul thought her fondness level for the younger is already at its peak. 
 
Until one day, Jungeun proved her wrong by giving more reason for Jinsoul to admire her even more.
 
When Jungeun showed the older that superman got nothing on her.
 
 
“Jungie..” Jinsoul’s hoarse voice is the first thing Jungeun can hear after she picked up the call.
 
It’s very late now. 1 AM over something. And that’s surely way passing princess Jungeun’s sleeping time. Jungeun always sleep when the clock hit 10 o’clock.
 
“What’s wrong with your voice? You sounded weird, unnie.” Jungeun fight back her drowsiness because she can sense something is not right with the older girl.
 
“I—i..”
 
“You what, unnie?” Jungeun grew impatient. Not because she wanted to go back to sleep asap, but out of worries.
 
“I’ve been crying for like an hour now. I’m tired but i can’t sleep. Sorry if i disturb you.” Jinsoul said with her weak voice that getting weaker with each word she said.
 
“...”
 
“Jungie? You’re still there?” Jinsoul checked the line, and it’s still connected. She can also hear some rustling sounds from the another end of the line.
 
“Wait for me. I’ll be there soon.”
 
“You what?!”
 
“You hear me, pabo unnie. See you.” With that, Jungeun hung up. Leaving Jinsoul in her dark room with opened wide. She really can’t believe the younger.
 
“I-is she being serious?” Jinsoul can’t help but to question that out loud.
 
After around 20 minutes, Jinsoul finds the answer.
 
In front of her door, there’s Jungeun with her bare face, still looking insanely beautiful even with no make up on, and her slightly messy hair, in her cute pajamas, stifling a yawn.
 
“Are you gonna let me stand here forever?” Jungeun asked with her not so amused face.
 
“A-ah! Sorry! Come in.”
 
That night, Jungeun listened to Jinsoul’s rant. About how she just found out about Doah, her boyfriend, that secretly meeting another girl behind Jinsoul’s back.
 
They fought and Doah still denied everything when Jinsoul already have the proof. In the end Jinsoul asked for a break up out of anger and feeling of betrayal. But the truth is, Jinsoul still love him. Just Jinsoul being an idiot again.
 
Jungeun just quietly listen to the older as they shared a blanket, laying side by side on Jinsoul’s fluffy king sized bed.
 
Once Jinsoul’s done with her story, Jungeun opened her arms wide, and Jinsoul waste no time to throw herself into the younger’s comforting embrace.
 
Jungeun held her with no word. Jungeun just keep softly patting Jinsoul’s back, caressing her hair, a gesture that Jinsoul always love.
 
Only after Jinsoul is no longer crying, Jungeun finally opened to speak.
 
“You know how rich my parents are, right?”
 
The question is thrown out of nowhere. Caught Jinsoul off guard. She knows Jungeun is not a person who love to brag or flaunt about her money. So why she did that now?
 
But Jinsoul despite her confusion, she found herself nodding her head. Because who doesn’t know the Kim Corporation? They're like one of the richest chaebol in South Korea. Well the Jung is also rich. Hella rich. But not as rich as the Kim.
 
“Then i’ll do it.” Jungeun firmly said. She sounds so determined.
 
“Do what?”
 
“I’ll kill him. Your boyfriend— No, i mean your ex boyfriend. I’ll kill him first thing in the morning tomorrow. And i’ll drown the body in Han river. I know i never kill anyone before so maybe it’s easy to track my doing and find me as the culprit. But again, i believe with my family’s money, there will be no issue. They can bail me out.”
 
And Jinsoul, after a full five seconds of a complete silence as she’s processing what Jungeun just said in her slow working brain, she found herself crying again.
 
But not out of sadness. This time she cried because she was laughing too hard. Her stomach hurts. 
 
When Jinsoul thought her heart is broken and beyond repair, Jungeun showed her that her heart is still working just fine. And it’s still beating, not dying just because of one that didn’t even deserve a piece of Jinsoul’s heart.
 
***
 
The next day, much to both girls’ surprise, well for Jungeun, she’s feeling rather thrilled because she doesn’t have to go through all the hassles to find the target. It will make the hunting process easier, when they found Doah, in front of Jinsoul’s house, with a bouquet of flower in his hand.
 
“I’m sorry, Jinsoul-ah. Please forgive me. Please give me a second chance. She was nothing to me. But you are my everything. I love you."
 
“Oh please. Cut the crap. I know she’s not the first girl you dated behind my back. Just leave, Doah-yah.”
 
“No, please hear me out.”
 
“No, you HEAR her. Now leave.” Jungeun decided to step in as she pulled Jinsoul to stand behind her instead. Giving a fair space in between them and the cheater. Her protectiveness just kicked in. 
 
“You? Aren’t you the cousin? Look, it’s none of your business. It’s between me and Jinsoul." Doah tried to marched forward, but Jungeun pushed him back. 
 
“No. It’s actually my ING business because SHE IS MY FIANCEE!”
 
“She what??”
 
“I don’t know that aside from being such a loser, you’re also deaf. You're really good for nothing, man.” Jungeun mockingly said. And if look could kill, Doah is surely stone-cold dead by now.
 
Jungeun looked so scary right now. Jinsoul never see this side of Jungeun before.
 
“You!” Feeling humiliated, Doah raised his fist and aim it at Jungeun’s face. What a gentle man.
 
Sensing the danger, Jinsoul yelled, called out for her house’s security team. She doesn’t want Jungeun to get hurt because of her.
 
But Jungeun, despite being a girl that's shorter than Doah, she managed to easily dodged the punch and then grabbed Doah’s wrist, twisted it, before she give him a hard punch on his chest.
 
Doah fell down to the floor as he’s groaning in pain.
 
Even Jinsoul doesn’t know this yet. But Jungeun is a 5th dan black belt holder in Taekwondo.
 
Jungeun with still her stoic face, making her looking even more scary, walked toward Doah and looked down on him.
 
“Where are you working at, Doah-ssi? Ah, no no. No need to tell me. I just have to make one call, and they will give me all the information i need. I bet my family have a big share in the company where you’re working at. Well, the Kims corp have their share in all companies in South Korea so...” Doah eyes widen in fear at the revelation. He doesn’t know that Jungeun is in that chaebol family.
 
“Now get lost before i really ask your boss to fire you and put your name in the blacklist and you’ll be unemployed for the rest of your life.”
 
“I’ll— i’ll go now. I’m so sorry, Jungeun-ssi. I’m sorry, Jinsoul. I won’t come here ever again i promise.” He said that and fled away.
 
And after Doah left, Jungeun turned around to look at Jinsoul, wanting to check on the older. How surprise she is when she sees fresh tears are b in Jinsoul’s eyes.
 
“Oh no no no. Please don’t cry. I’m so sorry, unnie. Did i scare you? Sorry that you got to witness t—-“
 
Jinsoul hugged Jungeun tight, burying her face in the crook of Jungeun's neck. And that's effectively stopping Jungeun from rambling even more.
 
Jinsoul contently sighed as she’s burying her nose in Jungeun’s soft locks now, loving how nice her hair smells. 
 
“Thank you, Jungie. Thank you.”
 
Jungeun hugged the older back and raise her right hand to caress Jinsoul’s black hair.
 
“Anything for you, unnie.”
 
***
 
Jinsoul has been trying to convice Jungeun that she's alright. That the break up is not effecting her that much especially after she found out how her ex is such an . Jinsoul has no remaining feeling or whatsoever for him. But Jungeun still slightly unconvinced.
 
That's why Jungeun said she will always keep a close eye on the older. She's in a special operation called 'Mending Jinsoul's Precious Heart'. The name is rather funny but Jinsoul feel touched for the genuine concern given by the younger.
 
Jungeun is just too good to be real sometimes. Jinsoul still can't understand why her ex broke up with her. Why would someone broke up with a perfect human creature like Kim Jungeun.
 
So one day when Jinsoul is paying a visit to Jungeun's house and the two were watching some show in Neflix, Jinsoul threw the question.
 
"So, i just realized that you never tell me about your ex." Jinsoul begins. She stretched her neck a bit to looked down at Jungeun who's currently resting her head on Jinsoul's shoulder.
 
They sat on a very big-long sofa. Yet the two decided to huddled up together instead.
 
"Huh? What's up with my ex?" Jungeun lifted her head to looked at Jinsoul.
 
"Nah, just curious. I never heard you talk about her." JInsoul tried to play it cool as she grabbed a handful of popcorn and eat it.
 
"Why would i, unnie? She's my past." Jungeun furrowed her eyebrows in pure curiosity.
 
"True, but still. I'm just curious i guess?" Jinsoul shrugged.
 
Jungeun smirked and poked Jinsoul's puffy cheek because the older shoved too much popcorn into . 
 
"What? Why are you smiling creepily like that?"
 
"Are you sure you're just curious about her? Are you perhaps feeling jealous?" Jungeun asked, raising one of her eyebrows. 
 
"Yah! I'M NOT JEALOUS! Why would i?" Jinsoul pushed Jungeun away, causing the younger to stumbled back as she lost her balance. But instead of fighting back, Jungeun just rolled over on the sofa and laughed hard as she's clutching on her stomach.
 
"Alright alright. Just so you know, you look so cute when you get bewildered." Jungeun snickered. She crawled back toward Jinsoul and pinched her cheek.
 
Jinsoul pouted, but let Jungeun be. 
 
Jungeun then grabbed her phone that lays on the table in front of them and unlocked it. She scrolled through her phone's photos folder.
 
"Here.." Jungeun showed her phone screen to Jinsoul.
 
In the picture, there's Jungeun in the middle, with two pretty girls on her left side and right side.
 
"These two are you ex?"
 
"No, silly. The left girl, the one with front bangs, she's the best friend, named Jiwoo. And the girl on the right, that the ex, her name is Heejin." Jungeun explained. 
 
"Wow, you're ex is sooo pretty. Is she a mixed race? She must be."
 
"No, she's 100% Korean who was born and grow up in Nonsan. I know it's hard to believe, but that's true. Guess she just blessed with the look. But yeah, i agree with you. She's pretty."
 
"Who's prettier? Me or her?"
 
"W-whaaa--?"
 
"Just answer!"
 
"Well, she's pretty. You're pretty too."
 
"But who's more pretty? Make up your mind, girl! Pppali!!" Jinsoul impatiently urged, tugging Jungeun's hoodie. 
 
"Unnie, i thought you said you're not jealous?"
 
"I'm not?!"
 
"But right now, you look like and act like a jealous girlfriend." Jungeun pointed out. 
 
"..."
 
"Cat got your tongue, unnie?" Jungeun and her devilish smirk again. 
 
"I'm not jealous, okay? Just.. maybe i just wish you would say that i'm prettier."
 
"Why?"
 
"I don't know.."
 
"Hehe that's okay, unnie." Jungeun giggled and patted Jinsoul's head. "I'll let it slip this time because you're cute. But the next time i ask you, i wish you can give the answer." Jungeun said as she looked deep into Jinsoul eyes with her gentle eyes.
 
Jinsoul is not sure what kind of question that Jungeun meant. But the look that Jungeun gave her make her stomach feel weird. Like as if it's doing a flip. 
 
She can't really think because she seems to be drowning in Jungeun's eyes. So she thoughtlessly nodded her head. And Jungeun smiled wilder.
 
That's when Jinsoul knew that she did the right thing.
 
***
 
It's not hard for Jinsoul to finally realized that she has been falling for her supposed to be fiancee. The plantonic love has grown into something deeper. 
 
The question is not how she fall for the younger. But how can she's not falling for the younger.
 
It's just about time. Really.
 
Jinsoul likes a lot of things about Jungeun. Heck, she likes everything about the younger. She just didn't realize it at first.
 
She adored her. And admired her. But one of the thing that she loves to witness the most is when the almighty Jungeun, will be a pabo just for Jinsoul.
 
Jinsoul once told Jungeun without much thinking about her likes and dislikes.
 
Jinsoul is a scaredy cat who never dare to ride too extreme or scary rides. She's afraid of height, of speed. But for like house of trap, or even haunted house with bunch of fake ghosts, Jinsoul can still take it. In fact, she found it fun.
 
Jinsoul loves the smell of rain, the sounds of rain drops, but she hates and scared of the thunder.
 
So one day, when Jinsoul texted Jungeun saying she's boring to death, the younger replied almost immediately with;
 
'Dress up in your casual-most comfortable clothes. I'll pick you up in 30 mins.'
 
Turned out Jungeun brought her to the newly open house of trap in Hongdae. And they have a haunted house too there.
 
 
Jungeun is just focusing on the fact that Jinsoul would love it. But she really forget about how she's the one that will be the scaredy cat when she goes inside the haunted house because Jungeun is always scared of ghosts.
 
She can't even watch a horror movie alone. Even if she watches it with her friends, it can't be at night, or else she will not be able to sleep.
 
And Jungeun finally remember that fact again after she stands in front of the haunted house with her trembling legs. She can only gulped.
 
"You're okay, Jungie?" JInsoul can sensed the unusual nervousness coming from the girl beside her. Because Jungeun has being fidgety and the hold her hand a bit too tight.
 
"A-ah.. I-i'm okay. Let's go?"
 
"O--kay." 
 
Jungeun knows the ending of this won't be pretty.
 
And she was right. 
 
Jinsoul has to hugged Jungeun, and literally dragged the younger to walk with her until they reach the exit door because Jungeun refused to open her eyes and keeps on screaming and crying like a baby whenever she heard some creepy noises, or when the ghosts suddenly appear out of nowhere.
 
Jinsoul is calm, she's not scared at all, but she's worrying Jungeun to death. Because Jungeun always look strong and independent. But now, all she can see is the baby Jungie that needs to be protected at all costs. 
 
"Sshh. Sshh. It's okay, Jungie. You're okay. You can open your eyes now. We're out of the haunted house now." Jinsoul softly whispered in Jungeun's ear. Her hand keeps patting and caressing Jungeun's hair, with her lips kissing the side of Jungeun's head repetitively to calm her down. 
 
"I'm sorry, unnie." Jungeun sniffed and detached herself from Jinsoul. Feeling slightly embarrassed. 
 
Jinsoul doesn't completely let her go tho. The older put her hand on Jungeun's shoulder, and use her another free hand to wipe away the remaining tears on Jungeun's beautiful face. 
 
"Hey, it's okay. No need to be sorry. I'm just curious. Why you insisted to go there if you're scared? I thought you like it?"
 
"I thought you would like it."
 
"Oh i did. I liked it. But you didn't."
 
"Then that's okay."
 
"Huh? What okay?"
 
"As long as you're happy, then that's okay."
 
And Jungeun found herself being tightly enveloped inside the older's embrace again. 
 
"You pabo.. Thank you." Jinsoul kissed Jungeun cheek, and tightened her hold on the younger girl that seems can never stop to amuse her.
 
***
 
 
Or another time when it's raining cats and dogs in the middle of the night, keeping Jinsoul wide awake.
 
And to make it worse, Jinsoul is home alone because her parents are currently on a business trip to Japan.
 
Well, she's not literally alone. She has her maids and security team with her, but still, it feels like alone.
 
So Jinsoul who's fighting her fear on her own whenever the thunder roaring loudly, really didn't expecting to hear her house's bell ring at such late hour. 
 
And soon one of her maids knocked on her door to informing that they have a guest. It's none other than Jungeun. And she is wanting to see Jinsoul.
 
Jinsoul knows that Jungeun was in her grandparents' house since yesterday in Cheongju. And she will go back to Seoul on Friday, 2 days from now. So Jinsoul really can't believe her eyes when she sees Jungeun standing in front of her house, slightly panting and drenching wet.
 
"W-why you're here?"
 
"Jiwoo said it's raining heavily, almost like a thunderstorm here in Seoul." Jungeun easily answered. 
 
"Huh? No. You haven't answer my question, Jungie. Look at you, all wet. What are you doing here at late hour? Shouldn't you're still at your grandparents' house?" Jinsoul is worried for Jungeun. Did something happen? 
 
"I already answered it, unnie. I was at my grandparents', but i came here after i heard Jiwoo said it's rain--"
 
"I heard that. Bu--"
 
"I don't want you to feel scared alone."
 
"Oh."
 
And without Jinsoul realized it, tears start to fall down from her eyes. But there's a big smile on her face.
 
"God, you're such an idiot. I thought i'm the dumb one between us two." Jinsoul whispered out as she walked closer toward Jungeun. Her voice is shaky because of the overwhelming feelings she's currently dealing with.
 
"I know. But i can't help it. I'm dumb for you, i guess?" Jungeun whispered back with a guilty smile.
 
Jungeun was expecting for a hug when Jinsoul is finally stands right in front of her with their knees slightly brushing against each other's.
 
But Jungeun really didn't expect it for Jinsoul to cupped her freezing face in the older's warm hands, before Jinsoul dived in to kiss Jungeun on her lips.
 
Jungeun was surprised. She had her eyes open, but soon she found herself kissing Jinsoul back. Even more eager than Jinsoul.
 
The two parted after kissing each other hungrily for a minute or two. 
 
Jinsoul has another thing to add to the list about things she likes-loves about Jungeun.
 
She likes how soft Jungeun's lips are. She loves how Jungeun's lips molded perfectly against her lips. 
 
Jinsoul is the one who pulled back first. And Jungeun can only whined. The kiss was too short for her. She wanted more. She needed more. 
 
Jinsoul chuckled at the whinny big baby in front of her.
 
Jinsoul can't help but to give Jungeun a quick peck on her lips.
 
"I will kiss you more later i promise. Even if you're not asking for it. But for now you need to take a bath and change your clothes into something warmer and of course, not wet. I don't want my fiancee to get sick." Jinsoul said with concern. 
 
"Will you bathe me?"
 
***
 
The two comfortably snuggled up against each other on Jinsoul's bed. The roaring thunder outside is less scary now with Jungeun hugging her in her protective embrace.
 
Jinsoul feels so safe, like nothing can ever harm her as long as Jungeun is holding her close.
 
Jungeun kissed Jinsoul's hair and nuzzled her nose there. While Jinsoul is trailing kisses all over Jungeun's face, jaw and neck.
 
They sighed happily.
 
“So.. what are we, unnie?” Jungeun asked. She just need to make sure of that.
 
“Korean?”
 
(*get this convo from Twitter @ incorrectlipsoul)
 
Jungeun fights the urge to push Jinsoul down from the bed as she rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed.
 
"Hehe just kidding, babe. What we are huh? We can be anything we want. I mean you are my fiancee. If you want us to date some more, i'll gladly do that for you. But if you feel our dating time is enough and we should get married tomorrow, then i will also gladly comply and do whatever that pleases you, baby. Heck, we can even get married now if you want it. In case you haven't figured it out, i'm whipped for you." Jinsoul grinned. 
 
Jungeun giggled and rewarded her fiancee with a deep kiss for being sweet. 
 
The two made out for God knows how long. Until they both start to feel tired and sleepy, and decide to get some sleep for real. 
 
Jungeun is almost fall into her slumberland, when she heard Jinsoul's soft voice again. 
 
"So Jungie.."
 
"Hm?" Jungeun sleepily hummed. 
 
"Who's prettier between Heejin and me?"
 
Jungeun laughed. "You. And why you asked this again?"
 
"Good answer. Why you asked? Because i'm your easily jealous fiancee." Jinsoul sighed and snuggled deeper to the still laughing Jungeun.