Bewitched

Of Butterflies and Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I always wondered how brave you could be, or at least the extent of your bravery. As I got to know you, I saw you as someone who always stands up to anyone who shows injustice or unkindness towards others; especially among women, because you know how our society is. But you never took any action in a brash manner since you always spoke and moved with grace.

 

It was almost as if you were charm-speaking towards people.

But I totally understand. Your presence was always bewitching.

 

 

You were the shy bell from Daegu and you were older than most kids when you passed the audition which quickly resulted to rumors about you.

I was initially baffled, how the company would still accept a nineteen year old as a trainee. Were you that talented? I was plainly curious about it. Who was this Bae Joohyun everyone kept talking about? You haven’t even arrived and yet you’ve already made quite a buzz about you.

 

I remember vividly how Seungyeon and Jongin (Kai) texted me to hurry after class to meet them in one of the dance practice rooms. I was used to it. But I’ve noticed we became more passionate about training ever since the announcement of a new girl group debuting. This was true for Soojung and Jinri, and we were happy for the both of them. They deserve it.

 

Our usual conversations started but it changed when Seungyeon mentioned your name.

“Have you guys heard? Bae Joohyun-shii is in the practice room next to us. She officially started training today.”

Although my curiosity was there, I still knew my priorities.

I told them I would just get changed out of my uniform since dance classes would be starting in a little over ten minutes.

I hurriedly changed my outfit with the mindset of being able to do some additional stretching, and maybe challenging Jongin for another popping battle.

 

As I stepped into the long hallway of the dance practice rooms, I saw you for the first time.

You were wearing a loose black shirt, over a pair of black shorts and leggings; even your shoes were black.

It’s almost as if time stopped when we made eye contact.

 

--------------------

 

I can’t believe that after more than decade I’m still not used to your face.

I hate to say it as it is, but that statement is accurate and valid.

I’m still baffled and startled at how beautiful you are most of the time.

 

I think a lot of our fans know this, because I once blurted that even your back side was beautiful for me.

That was a genuine slap-to-the forehead moment as Seungwan once thought me.

 

How I wish I could just express my inner fangirl towards you the way Seungwan is towards Sooyoung.

 

--------------------

 

They say that one can never achieve perfection. But if nothing is impossible, then this opposes that perfection cannot exist.

 

But I aim to be.

I can say with integrity that I am a perfectionist.

 

Kang Seulgi will always give her 1000% towards anything and everything given or thrown at her.

 

But you know w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter