Finale

Velvet Village
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in Seoul, Yerim and Suzy just finish their marathon meeting and they are very tired. Sat down at the couch, Suzy placing her head on Yerim’s shoulder and sigh.

 “What’s wrong with my princess, did something bother you?” Yerim asked while she her princess soft hair.

 “Irene.” Suzy said with a pout.

 “You worrying your sister? Believe me, she will be alright and also we will visit her next 2 weeks.” Suzy looks up and smiles widely.

 “Really? I love you Yerim!” Suzy hugs her fiance tightly and closes her eyes.

 “Ouch, I expected more then a hug if we visit her.” Yerim pouted cause Suzy chuckle and quickly plant two or three pecks on Yerim’s lips cause the younger girl smile satisfied. Yerim met Suzy through Irene. They accidentally bump each other and became friends since then, so Irene finally introduced her to her older sister and love bloom since then. Suzy on the other hand finds that despite her young age, Yerim is mature and independent. she was glad that she will end up with yerim before, now and she is looking forward to the future too. 

 “What do you want to eat for dinner?” She ask the older. Suzy pulls the younger at her laps and smirk.

 “I want you as a dessert.”

.


.


.


.




Irene looked at the dining table and found very much of a variety of food that can serve for 4 or 5 people but they just 3 people and how they can finish all of this?

 “Did you guys invite other people here?” Irene asked the couple.

 “No, he just invited you,” Seulgi said and flash her bear look-alike grin. Yes, Irene finally notices that the chief's smiles like a bear.

 “But this food-“

 “Oh,Sooyoung will eat all of them.” Seulgi places some fresh grass down Lucifer’s plate and then she joins Irene and Sooyoung at the table.

 “You usually eat this much?” Irene ask in horror.

 “Yeah, since it’s my wife who cooks this, I’ll eat all of this. It’s delicious, we have to eat now.” Sooyoung sid without stopping stuff everything into .

 They start to eat and true that Irene found the food is extremely delicious.

“*** u no ga niw vihage-“


“Aish SYoungie, finish your food first before talk,” Seulgi said while shot her wife glare. After the moment she swallows all her food she starts to explain again what their villager's living hood.

 “As you see, each house has their own signature, just like this house, we export our mushroom. Our neighbor Shinyoung has her own strawberry garden and also the other villager has their own business to keep their family and this village alive.”

 “Ah I see.” They continue to chit chat after finishing their food. They sat at the living room and eat some apple that Chaeyoung, one of Seulgi’s neighbors who plant apple give this morning.

 “Ow, I forgot to tell you that tomorrow your nurse will come to your house at 9.” Seulgi snap her fingers and inform the doctor.

 “do you mean our Jisoo?” Sooyoung asked.

 “Yeah it’s her. she just finishes her college and also came back here to help our new doctor.” Seulgi explained.

 “Who is she?” Irene in the couple conversation.

 “Our daughter,” Seulgi said proudly.

 “What? how?” Irene asks curiously. How come someone who still young like Sooyoung and Seulgi had a daughter that now finish her college? Also, both of them are girls. Oh, nothing is impossible in this world now.

“At Velvet Village, you can adopt someone Younger than you to be your daughter or you just make it, right honey?” Sooyoung wink to Seulgi who nodded like a kid and bit blushing from her wife act.

 

"Before I came here, I stroll around and I notice that all villager here was all woman, I know from Yerim that it has been centuries, but I just want to hear from you if it's okay," Irene asks politely, she finds the case is unique.

 

"It's okay Irene, I will tell you. So as you hear it right, the population of this village is 100% women. we built everything from scratch by ourselves. A long long time ago, this is place is where all of the women warriors born and live. War has been too long that kills women, children, and elders, that why all they have to do is to defense themself. So they start to become stronger, smarter, wiser. they strike like a warrior, taking care of the children like a mom and help the elder like a good daughter. They live in harmonies, far from the chaos, and always keep their village in peace. after the war was over, some were gone but some are staying. from generation to generation we try to keep everything in harmony and with the help of government and technology, we survive until now." Seulgi narrated.

 

“But what if you pregnant a boy?”

 

“Then you just have to send him out and once in a year, pay him a visit or he can visit us. But as far as I know, we never pregnant with a boy, it always turns in to girl no matter what.” Seulgi said. Its midnight now and Irene bid farewell to the couple and walk back to her house. On her way to her house, she heard someone playing a flute. It was sad, with stars and moon that shone brightly above her. There she was, a girl whom she met earlier, sat down at her window frame, playing her flute.

 

‘I know her’ Irene thought.

 

“Hey there! We meet earlier, hey down here. Do you still remember me?” Irene waves her hand to get the girl’s attention. The girl stops playing her flute and looks down searching for who’s calling her. She quickly rose up and close the window plus with her curtain. Irene frown, she wondered if she had done something wrong with her. She shrugs it and goes inside her house to sleep.


.


.


.


.


.



Irene sat down regret about what she do earlier. She feels shame as a doctor and now she is in her deep thought recalling what happened this early in the morning.

 

 

**

 

 

“Just take a rest and she will be fine.” Irene wrote down some recipes for Miyeon’s daughter and give it to Jisoo to get the little girl’s medicine. Miyeon and her daughter thank their new doctor with doing a cute dance that makes their doctor laugh happily. Not long after that, the girl Irene meet yesterday rush in with her worried face, almost crying cause Irene look at her in concern.

 

“What’s wrong?” Irene asked. The girl just pulls Irene along with her to the outside and met her cow. Irene stare the cow dumbfound. ‘she almost cry because of this cow?’ she thought.

 

“What wrong with this cow? It also so smell.” Irene pinches her nose. The girl keeps pushing her toward the cow and that makes Irene lost her patient and push the girl away.

 

“Ya, what’s wrong with you?! stop pushing me and tell me what the hell is going on. Answer me! Are you mute?” Irene said furiously. The girl always gestures and pushes her to the cow and Irene yank the girl away cause her to fall down.

 

“Omo Seungwan unnie.” Jisoo rushes out from the clinic after hearing Irene shouted to someone and quickly helps her unnie stand up. Seungwan quickly pulls Jisoo toward the cow. Jisoo examines the poor animal and found that her feet bleed because it feet step at a nail. After Jisoo helping Seungwan’s cow, Seungwan thank her and take a last look at the shocked Irene.

 

“Unnie you shouldn’t shout at her like that. She just wanted you to check on her cow and yes she is mute.” Jisoo said to her.

“Wh-How?”

“Well you see, she is not mute at all. She can speak like us normally. When she was 8 she got a high fever. That time there still no doctor at our village, so her mom bring her to the shaman from the other side of the village. She believes Seungwan unnie will be okay if she brings her there. My mom and Sooyoung appa mom told her to bring Seungwan unnie to the doctor, to the city but she didn’t listen to them. So instead of getting help from professionals, her mom takes care of Seungwan unnie herself. She, who also the descendant of one of the famous warriors believe that they are strong and can survive in this cruel world, that includes the sickness. I know that sounds so lame but all elders in this village still think like that until now. After that, she recovers from her high fever, but she became mute and her mom regrets it. Her mom died when she was 16, the only thing she has is her cow until last year she decided to buy some rabbits and took care of it.” Irene looks at the girl named Seungwan not far from her house, patting her cow and smile sweetly at it. Slowly, guilt eating her.



“**

Tok tok

Irene looked up and looks at her clinic window. Seungwan holding a big board and place it on the window.

 

‘ Hi, there. Can you open the door for me please?’

 

Seungwan flips the board and write another word and place it again at the window.

 

‘I want to introduce myself properly, open the door please?’

 

Seungwan make a puppy eyes and finally, Irene gave in. she stood up and open the door to Seungwan. To her surprise, Seungwan brought her one bucket of sunflower. And again Seungwan wrote down at her board.

 

‘Please always be bright like this flower.’

 

Irene smiles and Give Seungwan nodded. “Hi, my name is Irene Bae, nice to meet you.” Irene extend her hand, offering a hand shake. Seungwan smiles and wrote down another words before she took that warm hand on hers.

 

‘Hi, my name is Seungwan, nice to meet you too. Let’s be a friend.’

 

In a short time, Seungwan and Irene became a good friend, along with the villager at Velvet Village. Irene learns many things from them and they are really nice to her. Today she is visiting Seungwan’s house, helping her to give her cow food and check-up. She got a couple of tips from her friend that were handling animals, well she is here for the human but yet she likes to learn new things or two. she also learns how to plant, helping Sooyung taking care of the elders and so on. to cut it short, Irene is really living in her dream. After finishing her routine check-up, she looks at Seungwan who playing around with her rabbits, jumping up and down. Irene found that cute and approach her friend.

 


“Hey, having fun without me?” Seungwan looks up and gives her a smile.

 

‘no, I’m just waiting for you. come, I’ll show you something.’

 

Seungwan offers Irene her hand that got except it by her friend. They walk out hand in hand and to Irene’s surprise, there her cow with a bright Cinderella’s carriage. Seungwan paints her carriage with blue and white color, then she put decorative lights that make it more pretty. Seungwan gesture Irene who still saw the carriage in awe, to get inside and she obeys it. Sat beside her, Seungwan lead her cow to the lake where she and Irene meet the first time.

 

From afar, Seulgi, Sooyoung and Shinyoung took a ship of their coffee while Lucifer sat at her bed lazily.

 

“They are cute as a couple, don’t you think so Shinyoung unnie?”

 

“Of course Sooyoung ah, I wonder if both of them feel the same for liking each other.”

 

Suddenly Seulgi place her cup down and sigh to get their attention.

 

“I hope she already moved on.”


.


.


.




Seungwan grab and hold Irene’s hand. It’s amazing that their hand match perfectly with each other. She helps her taller friend down from her own version of Cinderella’s carriage. With the only flashlight as their lighting, they slowly climb on to the small hill. Seungwan always makes sure that Irene wouldn’t fall down or step into the wrong pat and always hold her hand tight or catch her taller friend in time when she was about to fall because of her clumsiness. Thanks to the stars and moon shone so brightly that night so they can see each other face. After 15 minutes of climbing, Seungwan put her index finger to her own lips, signaling Irene to keep quite. The girl stops giggling and obeys her even she didn’t know why she has to. They almost reach the top with only one step, but Seungwan pulls Irene down so they now act like spying something. Irene frown while smiling she found that Seungwan act so weird but so adorable at the same time. Look at her watch, Seungwan smile sheepishly and look at her taller friend. She makes a countdown with her finger and Irene count in also.

 

“5…4…3…2…1..” That as a cue, both of them turn around and a firefly switch on in front of Irene and followed by another one and another and another and so on. Sure she is born to be scared of bugs but what in front of her now made her speechless, forget that all the beautiful fireflies in front of her, are a thousand bugs that she will run for saving her one and the only life. Seungwan look at Irene’s face that got illuminated by the moon, stars, and of course, the fireflies. It’s so pure, so innocent, so serenade, so calm, so peaceful and beautiful. She smiles at her taller friend who stares the creatures in awe and speechless. They remind sat down at their spot for awhile enjoying the scene.

 

“It’s beautiful.” That was the only word that Irene could say. Seungwan stood up hand Irene a paper.

 

‘watch this.’

Seungwan ran toward where the fireflies are and they start to flies away but as they know that Seungwan didn’t mean to harm them, they fly around her who laughing silently. Meanwhile, Irene looks at her small friend running, jumping, spinning around playing with the creatures. A glimpse of smiling Seungwan suddenly make her blush and her heart beat faster than usual. She still on her train thought not aware that Seungwan ran toward her and grab her hand. She snaps out in surprise when Seungwan starts to pull her and make her ran toward the small field on the hill. She really enjoying this, the scene, lake, fireflies, soft wind and of course her cute friend, Seungwan.

 After a moment running and catching they lay down at there looking upon the sky. Turn around, Irene found Seungwan closing her eyes while enjoying the breeze and let fireflies fly around her.

 “Seungwan-ah. Thank you.” Seungwan turns around and looks at her. Irene just realizes how close their face is but both of them didn’t move away either. They stare at each other deeply as Irene moves her head closer until their nose touched. She waits, wait for rejections, anything but Seungwan just stay still, looking back at her with those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter