You're not Seungwan

And In This Universe... I Still Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another long day on the busy schedule of Leader Bae, and Joohyun is beyond exhausted. With a pounding head, runny nose, dry throat, and aching limbs, Joohyun settled on her bed, not caring so much at anything else but getting sleep.

She heard a thud, and with tired eyes she looked up to find sweet Seungwan with a worried look, gently coming to tuck her properly. With a happy smile, Joohyun hears Seungwan whisper a “good night”.

‘Good night, Seungwannie~” She thought, but Seungwan had already left the room.

The next morning, Joohyun woke up refreshed and warm. A familiar petite body sleeping next to her, giving her the warmth she needed. Joohyun almost wanted to scold the girl for sleeping with her when she was sick but decided against it, instead, she burrowed herself deeper onto the source of warmth—it’s quite rare after all, for the girl to initiate something intimate like this one—and cherishes the feeling. Suddenly, she felt Seungwan move, a sound of groan and she look up find a pair of beautiful brown eyes looking back at her, a lazy grin on Seungwan’s lip. Same old Wannie~

 

“Good Morning, Love” The woman greeted hoarsely, and Joohyun furrowed her brows. Pulling away slightly and looking at Seungwan incredulously. The woman, however, only pulled her back. “Sleep some more, Love. You were sick last night, won’t want you to catch a cold now do we?”

 

Joohyun was beyond confused now. Wanting to say something, anything and she looks around. In Seungwan’s arms, she found herself in a room that’s not hers, and in the arms of a woman who calls her “Love”. What the actual f—

 

..............................

 

Joohyun looked around her. Everything’s different. She was no longer in the small room in their shared dorm. She looked at the clock and found it was 9:00 AM but there were no noise outside—no Sooyoung shouting “dooms day” and no Yerim shouting profanities back, while dear old Seulgi would be going back and forth between dreamland and reality —and the fact that Seungwan is in her room—her bed—casually looking at her like it wasn’t weird that she’s only wearing a nightgown on and with no shorts—Holy ! “Don’t look!”

 

Flustered, Seungwan blinked slowly before raking her eyes down Joohyun’s exposed thigh, blinking, before looking up then turning to look away. “Sorry…?” she heard the girl mumble then, “I thought we’re pass that stage already, Rene~ah.” Then she laughs like Joohyun had just said something funny.

 

That disarmed Joohyun; her arms which were defensively cross over her chest slowly drifting down. “I—,” She wanted to speak but nothing came out. In all honesty, she doesn’t really know where she stands with Seungwan. The girl had always been close, always there, but often times she would pull away from Joohyun. And never once did she ever try sleeping with Joohyun, not even during sleepovers. She would always be woken up by Seungwan who would sneakily disentangle herself from Yerim or Sooyoung’s grip before sliding off her mattress then to her own room, making up the excuse next morning that she just woke up early to make breakfast.

 

But now, Seungwan’s here, and had slept with her and is calling her love—wait what..? “I’m sorry, what did you call me again?” She asked suddenly, surprising the younger whose eyes studied her with worry and fondness. Seungwan’s nose crinkled but answers, “Umm, Rene?”

 

This time, it was Joohyun who looks at her weirdly, both confused and frustrated but somehow the ‘rene’ grabbing her attention the most “Why would you call me that when we’re at home?” She asked incredulously. The woman looked confused for a second before her eyes light up in understanding, “Oh! Right… Sorry, love. You’re just acting out of it so…” The woman trailed off before lighting up again.

 

Sliding off the bed, the short-haired brunette grinned before pecking her temple softly. “Let’s get up, Love~ I’m sure you’re hungry.” And she was off, leaving Joohyun a red blushing mess.

 

“What the heck was that?”

 

Later, Seungwan came back to tell her that she can stay on bed while the former cook her breakfast, leaving the girl wondering on what on earth was happening.

 

First off, Seungwan slept with her. Second, she calls her “Rene”, her stage name but in fond sweet kind of endearing way, and third, she calls her…Love?

 

The girl blushed at the thought, feeling her cheeks hot and red. What the hell is going on???

 

She looks around, trying to find anything familiar inside the room, and unlike the room she uses, this one is clean white, has wooden ceilings, and lavender curtains. Her bed is also bigger than what she owns—bigger than Sooyoung’s too—and on the bedside table was a picture of her and Seungwan.

 

‘We never took a picture like this before…’

 

They were both in front of what seems like a Hawaiian beach and Seungwan wore a beautiful lavender silk shirt and black slacks, her hair was longer like when the debuted but wasn't dyed with blue and boy, she was beautiful. Next to Seungwan was Joohyun, wearing a baby blue dress and her hair ornamented with blue and white flowers that formed a crown. In her hands was a bouquet of blue violets and white roses. And they both wore the best smiles, and even in the picture, she could see their eyes glossy with what she can only explain as happy tears.

 

She fell to sit on the bed, hands clutching over the picture. Heart beating so fast she can hear it on her ears. It was only of thorough inspection that she noticed that they were both wearing rings. Seungwan was wearing a gold sophisticated band with a purple gem on top (She's not good with identifying those), while she wore a silver one with mini amethyst and a bigger sapphire. And both of them wore a similar ring--a golden ring much simpler than their individual once.

 

Joohyun felt like she was having a heart attack—everthing suddenly overwhelming-- she clutch onto her chest, feeling the cold band of metal around her finger. She’s wearing a ring? Joohyun hadn’t remember putting a ring on. Suddenly, Seungwan was bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter