FREE FALL

Free Fall

How he wished he could freely fall from the sky. To drift away from all these burdens and difficulties without any worries. Yet having been given the position of the leader, he could not do that easily. He just can’t. He needed someone badly, someone of comfort. A wall to lean on; an embrace from strong arms. Leeteuk needed KangIn, but sadly, he was not there at the moment.

 

He glanced at s. All were exhausted from the intense rehearsal they had, preparing for what might be their last comeback. Come on, admit it. Even though they were legendary, they were aging, and this thought made not only him but also the members and their fans terribly sad. He was supposed to enter the army with Heechul last year, but the company postponed it for a comeback that no one was expecting. 

 

Apparently, some ELFs were slowly giving up on them, being MIA for almost a year or so. He was not sure himself on whether they were gonna be able to perform together after this. Before all this ended, he wanted to be able to at least see 13, no the 15 members of the great Super Junior standing strong together on stage. 

 

He glanced at the calendar, and it said that it was the 5th of July. It has been exactly two years since Kang In entered the army. He thought silently. He was not informed on the date he would be leaving the army because he has not been keeping in contact with him for three months now. For what reason, he did not know. Maybe he was too busy, or maybe Kang In was busy himself. He did received that birthday card Kang In sent to him. 

 

He sighed, and left the room. Everyone was too tired too notice. He walked up to the rooftop and the sun had already set down. It was dark and chilly. Closing his eyes, he let the wind blow him away. All his troubles and worries. Tears escaped his eyes, and  he was sobbing relentlessly now. He was too caught up with his own emotions that he did not notice the man walking up to him.

 

The mysterious man placed his hands over his eyes, and casually said, “You’re still the crybaby that I met before.” 

 

The voice was familiar. It was a voice he would’ve known anywhere. Even in the noise, he would be able to distinguish it. He immediately stopped crying, and felt his own heartbeat race.

 

“Young-woon?” He cried as he faced the other man.

 

Indeed it was him. Korea’s #1 Handsome Guy as he called himself. It was none other than his beloved Kang-In. He broke into his warm smile, and Leeteuk could not help but cry harder. 

 

“Yah, Jung soo, how old are you? Are you a girl?” He said, but he too was tearing himself. 

 

He pulled the crying man towards his chest, and enclosed him in a tight embrace. For the first time in years, he felt that same comfort, the one he had been yearning for. For once, he felt that he could freely fall and someone would catch him at the bottom.

 

“I’ll leave again if you don’t stop crying this instant,” threatened Kang In, and immediately Leeteuk’s crying turned into muffled sobs until it slowly stopped. 

 

Kang In wiped Leeteuk’s tears away, and gently pecked his lips. Suddenly, there were noises heard in the background as the other 10 other members childishly screamed cries of delight. 

 

They charged toward them, and pulled them for a big group hug. A moment later, they were all lined up near the railings of the rooftop, gazing into the place that they had known for so long, but felt new to them. The city lights of Seoul.

 

“HANA, DUL, SET...” screamed the leader and everyone else yelled. 

 

“WE ARE SUPER JUNI-OR!” 

 

The 15 of them stood there together, and they might be incomplete for now, but soon they would be together again whether it would be on stage or somewhere else. They know that in their hearts as well as in the hearts of the ELFs, forever will be the bond of the 13 boys plus 2.