i..

message

 

yesterday 22:12

jeong jinsol
  hey babe so u free tmw?? ;]  

09:37

kim jungeun
  no, i'm expensive.  
 seen 09:37

 

 

jungeun pinched her temples, biting both her lips, then releasing a deep, frustrated sigh she was holding in. she shouldn't have replied at all, but her conscience would definitely not let her ignore the senior. she guessed it was the best answer-

"jungeunie~" a voice sang, -or not

she should have expected this, she sighed once again, how can you face someone you were so mean to just mere moments ago? she was starting to hate the reality that jinsol and her share the same circle of friends, somehow.

nevertheless, she chose to acknowledge the presence that is running towards her, but rather colder compared to the ones who greeted the girl first, "jinsol,"

"dong, use some honorifics!" jiwoo had slapped her tricep, did she care? it stung like the water hitting her skin when she dives but no

the raven reassured the shorter that she didn't mind and sat beside jungeun, which the latter slightly flinched at but acted cool about. soon enough, their table was filled with inaudible jabbering, mainly from the two blasting suns, namely: choi yerim and kim jiwoo.

jinsol exhaled, turning to the junior, "did it hurt? when you fell from heaven?"

jungeun rotated to face her, monotonically questioning, "are calling me satan?" making the taller of the two choke on her saliva

"could you have at least said no? my self-esteem isn't as high up in the clouds like you think," the older frowned, hands between her knees holding the edge of the cafeteria chair. with no reaction coming from the girl in front of her, she slowly, sheepishly averted her eyes, feignedly coughing as she pinned her head to yerim whom was blabbering about a theory she had personally came up with.

simultaneously, the younger seemed to have beaten herself up mentally, cursing and swearing at herself for her own reaction,

"you could've hissed, not completely ignore her the actual f- now she's gonna think you're that of a horrible person"  it continued like that internally, all the while she was tranquilly chewing her food.

jinsol, listening to the girl beside her introducing her premise still, took her phone out from her hoodie pockets,

 

09:53

kim jungeun
  too far? i didn't mean to look like i ignored you,  
  just wanted to tell you that. 
  sorry i'm always rude  

jinsol lightens up at the message, almost forgetting that the blonde would always text her after her always-failed attempts at flirting, though it always bothered her how the blonde repetetively apologizes.

 

jeong jinsol
    
• • •  
  where are you?  
seen 09:56

 

as soon jinsol was to give a great bear hug to the younger her face fell upon seeing an empty black metal chair,

"restroom," haseul, whom jinsol would always, some way or another, drag her in all her silly shenanigans for jungeun, knowingly informed. thanking her, jinsol swooped out of her chair and dashed to the location.

jungeun had been gazing at her phone screen on the enclosed toilet seat, debating if she should respond to the text; embarass and trap herself in a situation she wouldn't want to face, or not and live a happy day.

a voice so familiar echoed, "jungie, you here?" it made jungeun's heart run laps

soft footsteps coming closer, "haseul told me you were," the sound of clomping boots came to a stop, a shadow now against the floor, a knock was thudded,

"are you here? i'm not just talking to myself, right?" the voice sneered before it lowered, as if doubt was eating it up.

jungeun, despite wanting to apologize to the older girl in person,

remained noiseless.

she heard a soft discreet sigh across the metal, "it's okay, im'ma head out," and she did, almost sounding as she she didn't want to. frustrated with herself, jungeun exhaled.

it had always been like this. jinsol shows affection, she ignores and runs away, jinsol chased her but she won't even talk back nor make eye contact, once again, despite wanting to.