I Wanna Be Leader! But I DON'T Wanna!

Adonis Camp II

*Please excuse the crappiness and short length of this chapter....and any typos too. xD*

 

“So, we need to decide our team leader now?” Yesung asked. “We have to choose between Sungmin and Kyuhyun, right?” He shifted in his seat so he could turn around and talk more easily to Kyuhyun, Sungmin, and Henry, who were sitting behind him.

“I think so. I vote for Minnie-hyung!” Ryeowook, who was sitting beside Yesung, didn’t even pause to consider his answer.

“Me too,” Yesung agreed, looking at Kyuhyun apprehensively.

“Me three!” Henry piped up, waving his hand in the air. He shuddered internally at the thought of his evil Hyung becoming the leader.

“Yah, but I want to be leader!” Kyuhyun complained, pulling out one of his rare magnae pouts. “Besides, Sungmin-hyung was a team leader during the last Adonis Camp, it should be my turn!”

“But Sungmin-hyung has more experience,” Ryeowook pointed out smugly. “Don’t even try arguing, Kyuhyunnie, we’re most definitely NOT going to let you be leader.”

Kyuhyun opened his mouth in an attempt to argue, or maybe threaten, but Ryeowook beat him to again.

“Nuh-uh. It’s not up for debate. You’re obviously outvoted, and if you don’t listen, I refuse to cook for you. You can poison yourself with your own cooking if you really want to be leader. I know I’m not gonna get myself out of cooking for you lazy hooligans, but I REFUSE to bossed around, especially by you.” Ryeowook crossed his arms sternly, his mouth set in a stubborn line. Henry had to suppress a giggle at Kyuhyun’s expression.

“B-But, but, ARGH!” Kyuhyun now had a full on pout, but even he could tell Ryeowook wasn’t about to give in. “Fine…” he sulked, glaring petulantly Ryeowook. “But I still get my Starcraft! NO ONE gets to take it away from me! I don’t care if we’re filming for a show, arrasso? I WILL make you suffer a fate worse than death if you do!”

“Is that the only reason why you wanted to be leader?” Sungmin shook his head, grinning slightly at Kyuhyun’s desperate attempt to retain some of his pride. “You’re such a child sometimes, Kyu-ah…”

“YAH! I’m NOT a child!” Kyuhyun protested, glaring at Yesung who was now guffawing loudly. “But seriously, why else would I want to be leader? Psshhhh, responsibility is so overrated. You think I actually WANTED to be responsible for you four? You know what, you’re right, I don’t even want to be the leader anymore! Sungmin can be the leader and do all the dirty work!”

“Hyung, even I think you just sound whiny now!” Henry giggled as Sungmin nodded in agreement.

“Oh just shut up Henry,” Kyuhyun growled threateningly.

“Oh, just give up Kyu. I think it’s obvious you lost this round…” Yesung chuckled at the rare sight of their magnae giving in, glad every moment of it had been caught on tape.

“I guess I’m leader again, huh?” Sungmin shook his head, half happy, half worried. “For better or for worse, I guess…”

 

 

~*~*~

Meanwhile, further back on the bus, Team 2 (Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul, Hangeng, and Zhoumi) had already unanimously voted Kangin as team leader. They all came to the conclusion that it’d be too boring if Leeteuk stayed as the leader, which automatically made Kangin leader. The five of them were currently attentively watching Team Three struggle with themselves, quite amused.

“I think Siwonnie would make a good leader,” Eunhyuk finally mused after a while of just sitting there and staring at each other uncertainly.

“But so would Kibummie!” Donghae argued. “I think Kibummie should be leader, he barely talks, and that way he could get more air time!”

If this was a cartoon, Kibum would’ve sweat-dropped. “I appreciate the thought, hyung, but I don’t think that’s the point…”

“I agree with Donghae, but with different reasons,” Siwon spoke up, his expression serious. “Kibum-ah, I think you do have the skills to be a great leader, and now God has given you this great opportunity to show and grow in that area. You should fully take advantage of this.”

“But, hyung,” Kibum protested with an awkward smile on his face. “I think you’d do a better job. Besides, I don’t really have any interest of being leader…”

“Yea! Siwonnie, just be leader, kay?” Eunhyuk slapped Siwon on the back in encouragement. “Just, there’s no need to preach to us every day, alright?”

“But I want Kibummie to be leader!” Donghae whined. “I don’t wanna memorize the Bible!”

“But you can’t force Kibum to be leader if he doesn’t want to,” Eunhyuk said, exasperated. “And this has nothing to do with Siwon’s religiousness!”

“But Siwonnie wants Kibum to be leader, too!” Donghae completely ignored Eunhyuk’s argument, plowing on with his thoughts. “And I’m sure, really really deep inside, Kibum wants to be leader. Right, Bummie?”

“Um, actually, I’m pretty sure that deep deep down inside, I really don’t want to be leader, Hae,” Kibum clarified patiently. “I appreciate the thought though.”

“Alright, so Siwon’s leader?” Eunhyuk was starting to get tired of this conversation.

“Nooo! Kibummie!”

“Aish, Hae, give it up already. Siwon’s gonna be leader.”

“Kibum!”

“Siwon!”

“Kibum!”

“Siwon!”

“KIBUM!”

“SIWON!”

“YAH DOES ANYONE EVEN CARE ABOUT MY OPINION?!”

Everyone jumped slightly in their seat, only to turn and look behind them guiltily. In their rather heated debate, they’d completely forgotten about their fifth team member, Shindong.

“Sorry, hyung,” Eunhyuk apologized, scratching his head sheepishly. “We kinda, uh, got a bit carried away.”

“I’ll say,” Shindong muttered, miffed at being forgotten.

“So who do you think should be leader?” Eunhyuk quickly asked.

“Why even ask? It doesn’t seem like you guys care,” Shindong huffed. “Go on, go on,

continue with your ‘discussion’. I’ll just sit here and stare into space and pretend I don’t exist.”

“Hyunggg, don’t be like this. We’re sorry, okay?” Donghae apologized, feeling immensely guilty.

“But why is it me that’s always forgotten?!” Shindong glared resentfully at his so-called team members. “Always me!”

“Mianhae, hyung. We really are sorry, and we really do value your opinion,” Siwon bit his lip. “How about whoever you choose will be leader?”

“Yah, I’m not a dummy! You and Donghae want Kibum to be leader, Eunhyuk and Kibum want you to be leader. I would’ve been the tiebreaker anyways!” Shindong rolled his eyes at his teammates’ lack of logic, but was laughing inside at the puppy dog faces that were being sent his way. Well, the two puppy dog faces of Eunhyuk and Donghae. Siwon and Kibum simply didn’t do puppy dog faces. However, Siwon’s (in)famous Shibrows were scrunched so close together that they almost looked they were one unibrow, and Kibum was currently staring at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing.

“Fine then…but I choose Kibummie,” Shindong finally let his laugh escape as Kibum’s head snapped up, his jaw dropped.

“B-but, but hyung—”

“I agree,” Siwon quickly interrupted, patting Kibum on the back. “I’m sure you’ll do a good job!”

“Yayyy!” Donghae cheered, sticking his tongue out at Eunhyuk, who only sighed.

“Okay, I lose. Bummie will still be a good leader though,” Eunhyuk admitted. At his statement, Kibum started to panic.

“I appreciate the faith you all have in me, but guys, I really don’t want—”

“Awww, Kibum, stop being so modest!” Shindong’s grin was now scarily wide. “You’ve been chosen, so no buts about it!”

Kibum opened his mouth to protest again, only to close it with a resigned sigh.

“Arrasso…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: So, this was the chapter that was "lost" before most of you even read it, so I decided to re-up it cuz I had the next chapter ready and I was tired of waiting for AFF to be fixed. So yea. :P