What Do They Look Like?

Not What It Seems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Vampires are evil. They attack humans, they can't control their bloodthirst. They wanted to let us live until we’re ripe enough for them to feed. We have to kill them before that happens!” -Humans

 

“Humans' hearts are filled with uncontrollable desire. They’re filled with lust, greed, envy, pride, glutton, sloth, and wrath. These uncontrollable sins will take over them and eventually do harm to us! We must wipe every last one of them before they wipe us out! It’s killed or be killed!” -Vampires 

 

War continued for years with no sign of stopping at all.

 

V: If this war keeps on, both races would be wiped...We must put an end to this!

 

The man headed to the front line of the war, holding a white flag as a sign of peace. The leader of mankind watches and decides to come to the front line, questioning his intention.

 

H: What brings you here?

V: Sir, with all respect, I wish to stop the war. Both of our race would eventually be wiped out, and you know that.

H: ...Then what do you propose?

V: A peace treaty. We, vampires, shall live on the other side of the forest. The forest shall separate our territory. If any of us were to trespass, you are allowed to kill the trespassers.

 

It wasn’t a bad idea, especially considering how their armies are too exhausted to continue the war. The wise man nodded and offered a handshake.

 

H: ...If it mean peace, then I took your offer

 

//300 years has passed//

 

"Wheein! What's on the other side of the forest?"

 

"That's where vampires live, but I've never seen one in my life."

 

"Oh...maybe we should cross the forest! Who knows, maybe we'll find one!"

 

"You know dad hates us getting near this place, right? Let's go home" Wheein left and the little girl stared into the forest wondering what's in there.

 

"Gahyeon! Come on! I'm gonna leave you behind!"

 

“Wait unnie!" Gahyeon rushed towards her sister and followed her back home.

 

Gahyeon grew up being told not to enter the forest as there lived dangerous creatures called vampires. Gahyeon hasn't seen one but she has heard stories about them. No matter how frightening the stories are, it always piqued her curiosity. She wanted to see for herself what vampires actually looked like.

 

“Maybe vampires aren't that bad?” Wheein shook her head.

 

"You will never calm down until you see one, will you?" 

 

Gahyeon shook her head in disagreement. Wheein sighed, wondering why her little sister had to be full of mischief and cause trouble.

 

"Do they look much different from us? Gahyeon asked, tilting her head a little, showing no signs of stopping her never ending stream of questions. Her imagination was running wild. 

 

In her head, a picture appeared of long human-like creatures with very pale skin like snow and red eyes like blood. It was a pretty basic description of vampires and it didn't bring any kind of fear, but Gahyeon was sure that not all vampires were blood monsters that wanted to wipe out the human race. In her point of view, they were just misunderstood creatures that didn't have any choice but to be a vampire. 

 

Wheein put her head in her hands, shaking her head in frustration. Wheein and Gahyeon didn't have a big age difference-only three years, but in moments like this, Wheein felt like she’s babysitting a little child.

 

"Why don't you just look it up in the books?"

 

"But books can be wrong," Gahyeon fought back. She knew that everyone didn't like vampires and for a reason, Gahyeon had this weird feeling, like humans made vampires seem more bad than they actually were.

 

Her train of thought was interrupted by her sister's shouting.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter