Bittersweet Dark Chocolate

Strawberry or Dark Chocolate

 

 

 

1uS2zooDnckAY23iGZVxDAkMKjbNp74X3qgwnGijXwv59C6u7UcCx0jcKRxviXZxnyV7-7k4BkulSIwmHnRkgg-lN1pspJsqkU0JimZzAS5Iz-m_rZy4XvTUEjQRd2MCGSd-Zi2W

"I think it's best for you to stop having feelings for me." -Kim Seokjin

 

 

Chapter 1: Bittersweet Dark Chocolate

 

           Finals week was probably more dreadful for professors than students and Do Hyun was mighty glad about that.

           Because that meant Professor Kim was too busy giving and grading finals to even think about what she said to him a week before. Something she seriously regretted at the moment.

 

           That she liked him.

 

           And that she saw him as more than just a professor.

 

 

           And that she meant it.

 

 

           On her defense, Professor Kim Seokjin wasn’t just any professor. Having been hired at BigHit University as the ever yet youngest professor, Kim Seokjin was a prodigy. He was witty and profound, constantly aweing his students with the high-quality content he delivered during each of his lectures.

But that wasn’t the only reason why he awed his students. He was quite the looker too and all the girls on campus could very much agree that no man could ever pull off vintage, retro glasses better than he did. His stunningly sculpted face and broad shoulders made anything he wore look vogue worthy, and it wasn’t an exaggeration to say his soothing voice and good manners literally made him shine on campus.

 

           And if a man like that was your advisor, listening intently to your future plans, aiding you in making the best decisions in college, and even checking up on you once in a while to see how you’re doing...of course you’d start to have feelings for him, right? At least that’s what Hyun thought. 

 

           God, how am I even going to see him next semester? Hyun wanted to pull her hair out. She wanted to scream and turn back time. She could still hear his voice—that soothing voice she died for—saying to her:

 

 

           “Hyun-ah, I’m sorry. You’re a precious student to me and I don’t want to lose our academic relationship. I think it’s best for you to stop having feelings for me…”

 

 

           Well, at least his response was honest and respectful. It was clear he took her words seriously and that he wanted them to remain on a professional, “academic” level.

But it still hurt.

 

It took Hyun guts to say anything like that to him. But her feelings had grown increasingly bigger every time she saw him in class, and Ji Eun and Sooyoung encouraging her to “make a move” made it feel as though she had to say something.

And it backfired.

So now she wanted to pull her friends’ hair out too.

 

           There was nothing she could do now. She had to embrace it. She had to move on. She had to cut him off from her life and see him as nothing more than a professor. 

 

           Just don’t think about it and get over him, Hyun told herself rather sternly. 

 

           “Hyunie Hyun!”

           Hyun turned her head around just in time to see Ji Eun and Sooyoung running towards her. She forced a smile at the sight of her two closest friends on campus. The three of them had been best friends ever since freshman year and despite each of them having different majors, they managed to somehow bond tightly enough to room together. 

           “Hey,” Hyun strained her smile even more. 

           “How did your last final go?” Sooyoung asked brightly, wrapping an arm around Hyun’s shoulder. Hyun sighed.

           “Forget the final. Looks like she’s still suffering from the aftermath of her confession,” Ji Eun shook her head, giving Hyun a pat on the head. 

           “Don’t even bring it up,” Hyun glared at her two friends who both flinched. 

           “Hey you know what? It’s his loss! He clearly doesn’t recognize how amazing you are so let’s just forget about him and enjoy break!” Sooyoung tried to brighten things up and linked her other arm with Ji Eun’s, dragging her two friends off campus.

           She was right though. At the moment, all Hyun could do was enjoy break. And enjoy it so much that she would forget about what happened during her sophomore year of college, lovestruck and miserable due to a young professor.

 

           Hopefully her junior year would be better. 

 

           Well, depending on what “better” meant.

 

 

***

 

 

           “Kim Seokjin you jerk!” Hyun yelled, slamming her fourth mug of beer down. Ji Eun looked at her with raised eyebrows, startled. Sooyoung yelped and shushed her loud friend, who was getting looks from tables around them. It was another, typical night of their long summer break, and the three girls were sitting at a nearby pub.

           “It’s been over two months and you’re still going on about this?” Sooyoung hissed, throwing a fry into Hyun’s mouth.

           “Leave her alone. If she needs to rant about it for another year, let her do so,” Ji Eun shrugged, setting her mug down and grabbing a chicken leg.

           “Why would he do such a thing? Make me all confused by being nice and then saying he doesn’t see me as anything more than a student? Is he kidding me?” Hyun went on and this time Sooyoung didn’t stop her. 

           “I think I know what she needs,” Ji Eun whispered to Sooyoung as they both watched their friend vent.

           “What?” Sooyoung turned to look at Ji Eun curiously. A cure for their poor friend? Bring it on.

           “I’m going to get over him and I’m going to find a better man—just you wait you Kim Seokjinnie!” Hyun victoriously pumped her fist before her head fell onto the table with a slam.

           “Oof,” Ji Eun reached out to make sure her friend was okay, while Sooyoung waited for Ji Eun to answer her question.

           “Well, what were you going to say? Is our Hyunnie gonna make it doctor?” Sooyoung asked with big eyes as if Hyun was a dying patient and Dr. Lee Ji Eun had the only remedy for her. Ji Eun laughed at her friend’s role playing skills.

           “It seems as though she is aware of what she needs. The girl said it herself,” Ji Eun her chin with a smile before continuing.

           “She needs a man,” she picked up her mug of beer again and gave the air a cheers. “And a better one while we’re at it.”

           “A man?” Sooyoung repeated before slowly nodding her head. That sounded like quite a good idea. A man “better” than Kim Seokjin wouldn’t be so hard to find...right?

 

           “When junior year starts, we begin the hunting season. There’s gotta be at least one decent guy for her out there,” Ji Eun said before taking a gulp. 

           “Maybe we can get one of the incoming freshmen!” Sooyoung clapped her hands together, clearly liking the sound of this. 

           “We’ll have to see about that though; you know how Hyunnie feels about younger guys,” Ji Eun shook her head, making Sooyoung’s eyes widen.

           “Oh shoot, you’re right. I totally forgot,” Sooyoung muttered.

 

           It wasn’t like Hyun hated younger men, but it was the fact that she always wanted someone mature and reliable that made her go for men older than herself. She hadn’t quite met a man that was an exception of that: if they were young, they’d somehow always manage to be quite the baby. And Hyun didn’t really like that. Especially because she grew up with a major baby that used to follow her around everywhere…

 

           “I’m gonna die single!” Hyun began to shout again and Sooyoung clamped one hand over , muffling the sound. It was clear Hyun was drunk, changing her mind as fast as a swinging pendulum. Ji Eun held back a laugh before getting up to pay for their meal.

           “Hey, it’s on me tonight so that means you have the responsibility of taking that poor, desperately single girl home, alright?” Ji Eun flashed a smile. All three girls had returned to their parents’ place as soon as summer break had begun.

           “Fine,” Sooyoung groaned in response as she tugged at Hyun’s arm, “Come on girlie.”

           It was a struggle to get the stubborn Hyun even off her seat, but with Ji Eun’s help, the two girls managed to get Hyun fully out of the restaurant.

           “She’s all yours,” Ji Eun waved goodbye as she hopped into a taxi. Sooyoung almost swore under her breath at having Hyun’s entire weight on her now, but she ended up waving at another taxi to take her drunk friend home.

           And now, watching her friend sleeping on her shoulder, Sooyoung smiled and gave her head a .

           Poor thing. Let’s hope junior year brings you your prince charming, she said internally.

 

           Summer break was almost over, and the girls would soon begin their junior year. As exciting as that sounded, none of them could even imagine what would come their way.

 

Especially Do Hyun.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

           “Welcome back to those of you who are returning students. And welcome to BigHit University to those of you who are freshmen this year.”

 

           No freakin way is he teaching my class again.

Hyun wanted to believe this was all a dream. She was certain she registered for a section of this class that clearly did not have Kim Seokjin as her professor. But there he was standing in front of the classroom, smiling at his students in his dandy attire and styled hair.

She wanted to puke, and it was only the first day.

 

           “It’s probably going to take me a few weeks to get all of your names, as there are fifty of you and only one of me. But let me start by introducing myself. I am Professor Kim and I will be teaching you every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during this time about the art of rhetoric. I hope this semester treats you all well. Let’s now talk about the syllabus, shall we?”

 

           Hyun couldn’t help but stare at the professor walking about before her, now passing out some stapled papers that were probably the syllabi for the class. As much as she hated him at the moment, his smooth and soothing voice was indeed something she missed hearing for the past few months…even though she really didn’t want to admit that.

 

           “Oh but before we discuss the syllabus, let’s do a quick roll call,” Seokjin walked over to his computer on a desk in the front corner of the room. Hyun watched him, alongside all the other girls in her class, as he bent over and placed his hand on his mouse. His eyebrows knitted in concentration as he clicked away to his attendance sheet online. Even that was gorgeous…to all the girls sitting and watching him, of course.

And Hyun was no exception.

 

           “Kim Namjoon,” Seokjin began to call.

           “Here,” a response followed.

           “Kim Minseok.”

           “Here.”

           A series of names followed after and Seokjin kept reading through before his eyes landed on a particular name. He paused for a brief second before opening his mouth again.

 

           “Do Hyun.”

 

           “Here,” Hyun raised her hand and stared at Seokjin, forcing herself not to back down or act awkward in front of him. This was a new school year, a new semester. Seokjin was not going to make her a coward. She was going to put the past in the past.

           Seokjin looked up and caught Hyun’s eyes for a moment. He then looked back down and continued.

 

           “Park Jimin.”

           “Here.”

           “Bae Joohyun.”

           “Here!”

 

           And so the roll call continued. As if all was well and nothing was wrong.

 

           Well, of course nothing was wrong. It was just that Hyun felt a slight pang of disappointment because it seemed as though Seokjin wasn’t even affected or bothered by the fact that she was sitting in his class. But why would he be? He was a professional. He was a professor. And she was just a student. It would make sense for him to be like this.

Unaffected.

Unbothered.

Kim Seokjin.

 

           And as for Do Hyun, so much for “putting the past in the past.” It was clear she wasn’t over him completely.

 

           “Jeon Jungkook.”

 

           Hyun froze. She couldn’t believe her ears.

 

           Jeon Jungkook? No way. I probably heard wrong—

 

           “Jeon Jungkook? Is Mr. Jeon not here?” Seokjin called out. There were murmurs and turns of heads, but no “Jeon Jungkook” in sight. Hyun also whipped her head around to see if anyone claimed their name being called.

           “No Jeon Jungkook? That’s not such a great start for him but okay,” Seokjin moved on after confirming.

 

There was no doubt about the name—Hyun had heard correctly. Jeon Jungkook was in her class. But that didn’t mean it was the Jeon Jungkook. The Jeon Jungkook she grew up with back home in Busan. The whiny, clingy, attention-seeking baby Jungkook. Hyun shook her head. There was no way he’d be here. The last time she’d seen him was when he was in middle school and she was a freshman in high school. After she moved to a high school in Seoul her second year, she hadn’t heard from him ever since. And what were even the chances of her running into him again, after all these years? Besides, there could be other ‘Jeon Jungkooks.’

Hyun decided to let go of the matter for now. Roll call was now over, and she had to focus.

 

           “Rhetoric is the ability, in each particular case, to see the available means of persuasion,” Seokjin walked back to the podium in the front of the room. He adjusted his glasses.

           “Does anyone know who said this famous quote?” he looked around.

           Silence followed.

           “That’s funny because I’m pretty sure I put it at the top of the syllabus as an opening statement,” Seokjin smiled. The whole class looked at their papers.

           “Aristotle,” someone blurted out.

           “Correct,” Seokjin said before continuing. “Getting to know the art of rhetoric is a lot of fun not just because I’m the one teaching it, although that’s a huge factor in making this class so enjoyable, but because it’s used in our everyday lives. I’m sure all of you have experience in trying to persuade someone in your lives, right? Whether it was trying to persuade your mom in allowing you to go to a party you probably shouldn’t have gone to, or asking a professor such as myself for an assignment extension.”

 

           The class listened attentively, and Hyun could see that all eyes were on Seokjin. Not one student was distracted. And that was typical of Seokjin—he was an outstanding speaker, with a soft yet charismatic voice and confident posture that drew listeners in.

That and his face was an eye magnet.

 

“Even right now, in this present moment, I’m using rhetoric to persuade you guys to think of my class as an enjoyable one, not a stressful one. Because I don’t believe in daily homework. And I won’t be giving you daily homework—just a few minor papers here and there along with one group project at the end as a final.”

 

Cheers from students were made at that. Seokjin wasn’t just a professor with good looks. He was one with generosity too, understanding of how hard it was to be a college student. And how everyone needs at least one chill class in their semester.

 

Yes, I know you guys like me and I like you guys too. Now quiet down as we continue,” Seokjin chuckled as he raised his hand for his students to calm down.

“I want you guys to see the power of rhetoric and why it’s so essential to our daily lives. And once you recognize the use and value of rhetoric, you’ll all be amazing speakers, salesmen, businessmen, CEOs, teachers, lawyers, and…” Seokjin paused and winked. “Flirters.”

 

Laughter was heard from all around. Hyun almost rolled her eyes.

 

“Who knows? Maybe in a few years, or perhaps even months, some of you are going to thank me for teaching you how to get a boyfriend or girlfriend,” Seokjin shrugged and more giggles could be heard in the room.

“Alright, let’s move on to the attendance policies,” Seokjin raised his copy of his syllabus in his hand and directed his students’ attention towards it.

 

Hyun listened to the rest of Seokjin’s intro class with her full attention. She observed his every move and noticed every change in tone. She didn’t want to be such a creep but seeing him in so long made her unable to take her eyes off of him. After all, she did have a crush on him. Well, seeing her now, perhaps she still did. He was so sweet yet so cold.

So sugary yet so bitter.

He was like a thick piece of dark chocolate that Hyun couldn’t seem to get rid of.

 

“Thanks so much guys for coming. See you in two days,” Seokjin dismissed everyone as he gathered his belongings. It took Hyun a second to realize class was over. Already. And by the time she finished packing her bag, Seokjin used his long legs to walk out the door. So fast that Hyun couldn’t even catch up to him. Not that she wanted to or anything, but if he were just a little slower, she could’ve maybe said “hello” in a way that made her not seem like an idiot.

Or something like that of a sort. Just a small interaction, as one might say.

 

Another semester with Kim Seokjin was awaiting Hyun, and even though she knew she’d have to see him anyway because he was her advisor, she didn’t expect she’d be in his class again. That meant she had to see him much more often than she had planned.

And that wasn’t going to be any help for her to fully get over the man himself. She was stuck with Professor Kim like a helpless fly in a sticky web.

 

No Do Hyun. You need to stop. Stop thinking about him and stop having stupid feelings for him. Hyun told herself sternly. She took a deep breath as she walked out the lecture hall.

 

If Kim Seokjin had to leave her mind, she needed something…or someone to wash him out. Block him out.

Someone so sweet she couldn’t possibly remember him or want to go back to him.

 

Someone remarkably sweeter than a piece of dark chocolate.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

           “You’re coming right?” Sooyoung attached herself to Hyun’s left arm. Ji Eun walked silently on her right.

           “To the freshmen welcoming? No way,” Hyun shook her head.

           “Why not?” Sooyoung whined, her grip around Hyun tightening.

           “Because I don’t want to meet them?” Hyun answered with an irritated shouldn’t-you-know-me-by-now tone.

           “Well we’re not going just to meet them. We’re mainly going for the food. The free food,” Ji Eun tried to help. She looked at Hyun with raised eyebrows. “And besides, if Sooyoung and I are going, it won’t be so bad. We can just eat and leave early.”

           “Yeah!” Sooyoung chirped as she leaned towards Hyun. “Come on Hyunnie Hyun!”

           “I’m tired,” Hyun thought of another excuse.

           “Well too bad. It’s not like you have a choice anyway. We already registered your name and paid the fee,” Sooyoung said proudly.

           “What the frick? Then why’d you ask me in the first place? And if there’s a fee you already paid, then that’s not “free food,”” Hyun said annoyed, yanking her arm out of Sooyoung’s grasp.

           “Yeah, but it’s a major discount compared to the actual price of the food if we were to go just by ourselves. Even the drinks are going to be catered and well, it’ll be fun,” Sooyoung kept arguing and Ji Eun nodded, waiting for Hyun to give in.

           “You guys are so fricken annoying, you know that?” Hyun narrowed her eyes at her two friends before finally asking, “What time is it going to be at?”

           “6:00 pm,” Ji Eun answered, a smile growing on her face. Sooyoung clapped and jumped up and down in excitement. Hyun sighed then nodded, giving up at this point. 6 pm meant she’d have to go as soon as she finished her late afternoon class.

 

           “Send me the location and details. I’ll be there.”

 

           And she would be. Because if she even tried for a moment to back out she knew her friends would drag her out.

           To the place of unexpected acquaintances and meeting of the incoming class.

 

           Fun indeed.

 

 

 

***

 

 

          

           “How was your first class, Professor Min?” Seokjin asked the professor he shared his office with. Because they were both professors in the department of writing.

           “Pretty good; how about yours?” Professor Min Yoongi asked back, turning his head to face Seokjin who was walking over to sit at his desk. “You just got back from it right?”

           “Yeah. It was…fairly okay,” Seokjin nodded, sitting down and lost in thought about how he really did feel about his first class.

           “What’s that supposed to mean?” Yoongi chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

           “I mean, how good can the first day of class possibly be? I already miss summer break probably more than my students,” Seokjin smiled, loosening his tie with one hand and grabbing a set of files on his desk with the other.

           “Yeah no kidding,” Yoongi nodded in agreement, turning his attention back to his computer screen. There was a moment of silence before Yoongi opened his mouth again.

           “I saw Hyunnie on your class list.”

           “…yeah,” Seokjin sighed at her name, rubbing the back of his neck.

           “Did she seem okay?” Yoongi asked cautiously, moving his eyes from his screen to Seokjin’s face.

           “I don’t know, but I sure hope she is,” Seokjin gave a weak smile.

 

           Yoongi was an adjunct professor at BigHit University, still studying to get his doctoral degree. Nevertheless, he was Seokjin’s closest “professor” friend, which of course made sense as they shared the same office and field of knowledge. And that meant he knew about what had happened between Do Hyun and Kim Seokjin the semester before. Well, to quote him, he actually “saw it coming” when he noticed Hyun coming into their office to talk to Seokjin a little too often, even when she didn’t have questions about her major or classes. He caught how she would light up and occasionally blush pink whenever Seokjin smiled at her, and how her bright tone and constant attention was always geared towards the man now sitting at the desk across from him. It was obvious to a man with much experience in the romance field like himself to see that Hyun had feelings for Professor Kim.

 

           “Well what about you? Are you okay?” Yoongi then asked, shifting the subject towards Seokjin with a concerned tone.

           “I’m fine,” Seokjin nodded assuringly. “Thanks for asking Professor Min.”

           “Yeah for sure,” Yoongi smiled, a little skeptical about Seokjin’s answer. But he knew it was best not to pry and ended the conversation there. He just went back to work, and so did Seokjin.

           Or so Seokjin tried.

 

His mind flashed an image of Hyun, smiling so prettily as she looked up at him when she confessed her feelings towards him. And how her big, round eyes soon became watery as her ears took in his rather negative response. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

 

           Seokjin believed he did what was best for the both of them, and he was certain Hyun would recover fast from their little-but-also-big incident, being the tough girl she was.

 

           He was sure he would be glad once she got over him and continued to maintain their good professor-student relationship.

 

 

           But that was before Hyun met Jeon Jungkook.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

           “Hyun-ah! Over here!” Sooyoung called out, waving her hand in the air. Hyun noticed it right away and walked over to her a-little-too-excited friend. Ji Eun stood beside Sooyoung, smiling at Hyun’s appearance.

           “There’s so many people,” Hyun shuddered once she finally reached her friends through the crowd. She felt her personal bubble was popped at least fifty times just within the time she walked from the entrance door to her friends. She eyed the two of them. Sooyoung had put her long, dark hair in a bun as she wore a casual, plaid dress, and Ji Eun did her signature half-up half-down hairstyle in a cute blouse over a pair of jeans. Meanwhile, Hyun herself just had her black, bob-cut-hair hang loose and came in an oversized hoodie with leggings. She wasn’t underdressed, was she?

 

           “Um, stay still for a minute,” Ji Eun reached into her bag and pulled out some tinted lip gloss. The red, glossy lip gloss she herself was wearing. Hyun looked at her blankly.

           “I didn’t know we had to come dressed up,” Hyun began to say before she was shut up by Ji Eun’s hand now coloring her lips.

           “Now press your lips together. Say ‘mama papa’,” Ji Eun ordered. Hyun obeyed.

           “Mama, papa,” she said, making sure her lips pressed and perfected her gloss.

           “Much better,” Ji Eun nodded in satisfaction. Sooyoung agreed.

           “Why do we have to try to look good?” Hyun asked, not understanding the point of dressing up and putting on makeup when there was no one to impress (i.e. Kim Seokjin wasn’t even going to be here).

           “I mean, we did say we’re here for the food, but it’s good to leave nice first impressions while we can, right? After all, we’ll be officially seeing the freshmen for the first time today—whether you like it or not,” Sooyoung explained. “And I heard there are a lot of good-looking ones this year. I know you don’t like younger guys but maybe try to see and—”

           “Okay that’s enough,” Hyun cut her friend off, not giving in for a moment to the idea that there might be a freshman she’d want to catch. She wanted to convince herself that there was no need to be desperate and hunt for a guy when she was perfectly fine being single at the moment…or rather, still in the process of getting over Professor Kim.

           “Pfft, fine,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes and before long, the girls heard someone giving an announcement using a megaphone speaker.

 

           “Good evening everyone!” a student who looked as though he was a part of planning this whole event shouted. “Thank you all for coming. I know you’re all hungry and can’t wait to meet someone so I’ll go over some things before we start, okay?”

           “Okay!” shouts were heard throughout the large gymnasium they were in. It was clear the crowd was excited. Or hungry. Or both.

 

           “Alright everyone, if you look to your right and my left, we have rows of tables. I’ll have the freshmen sit first and I’ll ask you guys to sit leaving at least one seat in between you and the person next to you. That’ll make things easier for the sunbaes to then sit next to you and get to know you better. After everyone’s been seated, we’ll go around taking turns to get food and then it’ll be free time from then. You can play games as you wish and leave as you wish. Is that clear?”

           “Yes!” shouts were thrown out again.

           “Alright then let’s begin! Freshmen, please take your seats!”

           Hyun watched the freshmen trail into the seats and Sooyoung nudged her, “Let’s go to that table over there.”

           “The one on the end?” Hyun asked, looking to where Sooyoung was pointing. There were two freshmen sitting at the end table. One was a girl who looked lost, with her two braids coming down her small shoulders, and the other was a guy. A good looking guy, with his sharp jawline and large eyes. Even Hyun thought he was pretty attractive. So of course Sooyoung wanted to sit there.

 

           “Yes that one,” Sooyoung nodded and Hyun nodded as well. “Okay. Is that fine with you too Ji Eun-ah?”

           “Yeah sure,” Ji Eun responded, honestly not caring where they sat at.

           After the freshmen were all seated, the three girls waited before given the cue to sit themselves.

           “Okay upperclassmen! Please take your seats and try to sit next to the freshmen!”

           “Come on!” Sooyoung squealed, pulling both Hyun and Ji Eun by the arm. Hyun sighed and Ji Eun smiled as they were dragged to their chairs.

 

           The three ended up sitting at the very table Sooyoung had picked, and Hyun sat across the good-looking freshman while Ji Eun took the seat next to her, by the female freshie. Sooyoung boldly sat herself beside the good-looking freshman and immediately turned to him.

 

           “Hi! I’m Park Sooyoung! What’s your name?” she grinned. The freshman bowed, smiling. Up close, Hyun could see even better that he was quite the sculpture: his fluffy, black hair covered his forehead but she could still see his sparkling eyes and sharp nose, along with his V-line jaw.

 

           What a V. That should totally be his nickname, Hyun thought to herself.

 

           “Hello Sunbaenim. My name is Kim Taehyung,” the guy said, and all four girls sitting at his table widened their eyes at how deep and velvety his voice was. It sounded like a dream.

           “Taehyung-ie? I’ll be sure to remember that!” Sooyoung said brightly before pouting. “But you don’t have to be so formal with me. Call me ‘noona’ instead of ‘sunabenim,’ ‘kay?”

           Taehyung nodded with a smile. Hyun continued to eye him. Although he was sitting, she could tell he would be relatively tall, and his plain, white shirt made it easy for her to see his broad shoulders, even though they weren’t as broad as Kim Seokjin’s—

 

           “What’s your name noona?” Taehyung all of a sudden looked at Hyun, his eyes lighting up and his mouth still in a smile. Except this time, his smile was large enough for Hyun to see how boxy it was. She almost laughed at how much of a pup he resembled, despite his manly figure.

           “Or…sunabenim?” Taehyung caught himself. His cheeks grew pink as he internally scolded himself. He was scared he crossed the line by calling Hyun “noona” without permission. Well, Sooyoung seemed to want that so he just assumed that maybe all the female sunbaes wanted to be called that…

           “You can call me ‘noona,’ it’s okay,” Hyun assured him, as if she could read his thoughts. Taehyung sighed in relief.

           “I’m Hyun. Do Hyun.”

           “Do Hyun,” Taehyung repeated. He grinned his boxy grin again. “That’s a pretty name.”

           “Thanks?” Hyun tilted her head, a little questioning about her name being pretty. To her, it almost sounded like a guy’s name.

 

           “I’m Ji Eun,” Ji Eun in, introducing herself before turning to face the quiet girl next to her. “And you are...?”

           “I’m Yeri,” the girl said rather quietly, looking down. Ji Eun smiled at her cuteness before looking around to notice people getting in line. “Well, now that we’ve all introduced ourselves to each other, let’s go grab food.”

 

           Everyone at the table stood up and began to walk to the line full of catered goods. And looking at the menu, Hyun began to feel a little glad that she came. That is, until she spotted a face a little too familiar.

 

           “No way…Jeon Jungkook?” she muttered under her breath. She froze. There was no doubt nor question: with his large, round eyes and bunny teeth, it was Jeon Jungkook indeed. Just a much more taller, muscular, and…manlier version of the baby Jungkook Hyun was used to seeing back home in Busan. And it was no surprise that she could easily recognize him right away after all these years, given that she literally grew up with him.

 

           “Hyunnie noona, come over here in front,” Taehyung called Hyun, who was still standing frozen at the fact that her childhood clinger was here.

 

           “Hyunnie noona!” Taehyung called again, and this time Jungkook whipped his head at the familiar name.

Or the name that never left his head the moment she left him.

 

           Hyun snapped back into motion as soon as she saw Jungkook looking around, scared he’d see her. She quickly ran towards Taehyung and got in line.

 

           “Is everything alright?” Taehyung asked her, seeing how frantic she looked.

           “Yup, just peachy,” Hyun smiled as she side glanced at Jungkook, who was now occupied with some girls who seemed to want to talk to him. It made sense, given that his cute yet masculine vibes made him quite the looker. Hyun prayed one of those girls caught his eye so he wouldn’t bother her…

 

 

           “Okay dig in guys!” Sooyoung practically sang as she grabbed her chopsticks and stared into her deliciously tempting meal. The line went by quite quickly and within ten minutes, everyone was seated and ready to eat…at least at Hyun’s table.

           “Eat up Yeri-yah,” Ji Eun patted the girl’s back and Yeri bowed, her face never looking up at her sunbaes. “You too sunbaenim.”

           “This is really good. Have you tried this?” Sooyoung began to make conversation with Taehyung next to her, and he nodded politely.

           Hyun took a bite of her meal herself, and was appreciating the tenderness of the galbi when Jungkook passed by, holding a plate of food. Hyun nearly choked.

 

           “…”

 

           But he didn’t even stop, despite making full eye contact with Hyun. His face was cold and he turned his head, looking away before Hyun could respond. He just silently made his way towards his seat, a couple of tables away. Hyun didn’t know what to do except finish the meat in .

 

           Did he not recognize me? Or does he not care anymore? Should I be glad about this?  So many questions flew through her head. She continued eating, trying to forget about the matter and focus on the people around her.

 

           “Noona, do you want something to drink?” Taehyung asked her, getting up. Sooyoung nodded to Ji Eun and Yeri as well, “And you guys?”

           “I’ll have water, thanks,” Hyun nodded. Ji Eun and Yeri asked for Sprite.

 

           It didn’t take long before they returned with drinks, and Taehyung came back with two drinks in each hand, with his own drink in a cup he was biting.

           “Here you go,” he said, setting everything down. Hyun thanked him with a smile.

 

           She took a sip of water and unconsciously looked at Jungkook, who was now looking straight at her, his eyes now more fiery than cold. She spat her water, startled at his look, only to realize that she sprayed water all over Taehyung…and his food.

 

           “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Hyun quickly got up and ran to get napkins. She then quickly jogged over to Taehyung and began wiping his shirt. Taehyung heated up at the fact that Hyun was moving her hands all over him and grabbed her hands to stop her.

 

           “It’s okay noona, I got it,” he tried to say. Sooyoung, Ji Eun, and Yeri didn’t know how to react except watch and give Taehyung their own napkins.

           “I’m so sorry—” Hyun repeated when she heard a loud thump.

 

A thump so big even the surrounding tables shook from the vibration.

 

           Everyone’s heads turned at the loud noise. Hyun’s eyes grew big when she saw who had caused it.

 

           It was Jeon Jungkook, his fist clenched on the table. There was a moment of silence before Jungkook got up, walking towards Hyun and Taehyung. All eyes were on him. Hyun’s eyes stretched wider, and she seriously wanted to crawl into a hole.

 

           Please no. Please don’t tell me he’s coming over here… she prayed desperately in her head. But the gods weren’t in her favor.

 

 

           “Hey,” Jungkook uttered, his fiery gaze now on Taehyung as his hand wrapped around Hyun’s wrist to yank her free from Taehyung’s grasp. Taehyung raised his eyebrows, a little startled at what was going on.

 

 

           “Switch seats with me.”

 

 

           Frick, Hyun swore under her breath.

 

           She could already hear murmurs from tables and didn’t have to look at her two friends to know they were gawking at what was happening.

 

 

She knew that this was just the beginning.

There was nothing she could do.

She had to accept the fact that he was back.

In her life.

 

The possessive, obsessive clinger Jeon Jungkook.

 

How exciting.

 

 

How fun.

 

 

***


 

Author's Notes:

M5Yc9ru61u2MAfKZMuZjmM3fNk3EYrJ8SB6IUOCf0Syk4scbY6zQtqQLPp_LybiaLCCNkwD79ErIM8FBYyu1ZeGv-DMf6QsxYsaYuqH74zxInvcFiOhWrQioZG7bb7KNL0QM-UBT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my goodness what is this...guys I don't even know what's going on and I'm already half cringing half crying...

 

Well, that was the first chapter...and I'll just say it's not as exciting of a plotline as my first story (even though that story wasn't that exciting either lol), but even so I'm a little excited to see how things are going to turn out...who's with me? (no one? that's oki)

JUST EXPECT TO SEE MORE OF JK NEXT TIME BECAUSE YES; THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF CLINGER JEON JUNGKOOK YAY

 

What university has both Seokjin and Yoongi as professors lol I wanna go....

 

I want to thank each and every one of you for reading and I'll see you soon (hopefully since I at uploading/updating/posting)!

 

Love you and stay safe~

@blonde_cup_of_joe