Living dream

Living dream

It's been a week since Minseok collapsed. Jongdae was by his side every time he could. Chanyeol came every day after his work and Baekhyun dropped by too.

Too much into praying for Minseok to wake up, Jongdae almost forgot about his own check-up. Yixing was too immersed in trying to find a way to help Minseok, Junmyeon was the one to perform his check-up. Jongdae sat at the chair before Junmyeon, who scanned his watch to download his data about charging and problems with energy. The emotions data had to be scanned through his android chip, and due to almost falling asleep, Jongdae didn't notice Junmyeon scanning the chip inside the side of his neck.

,, Jongdae, don't fall asleep on me, please."Junmyeon chuckled and brushed through his hair, plugging his phone into the monitor. ,, I'm awake, I swear."Jongdae muttered and brushed his thumb on the back of Minseok's hand. ,, Look, I know you're worried for him, but you need to take care of yourself too." the laboratory worker raised his eyebrows and smiled gently when Jongdae nodded to him.

,, Okay. Let me just sort this out and I will tell you if you're okay."Junmyeon muttered and went back to sorting Jongdae's data, and the young android went back to stare at Minseok sleepishly. The blonde android was, according to Junmyeon and Yixing, in some sort of coma and Jongdae just couldn't help it but just stare at his calm face. Yixing checked Minseok's data on a two-hour basis, so it somehow seemed like a normal check-up.  Except it wasn't.

Jongdae had some talks with Junmyeon and Yixing in private, because according to them, at some point Minseok could hear them. Yixing needed information about the time Minseok was with Jongdae and Junmyeon somehow figured out that Jongdae was in love with Minseok. Jongdae still didn't know how, because, hell, he was android, supposed to be smart, but apparently, he wasn't smart enough. It was weird.

,, Okay, listen."Junmyeon muttered and Jongdae hummed to let him know he was listening. ,, Your memory is okay, there's no sign that you had memory lapses, your charging is also okay even though you don't sleep that much. What I have to mention are your emotions.  Your danger level and anger level are low, both at only twenty percent. Your happiness level is also low, at only ten percent."Junmyeon furrowed his brows at that and shook his head. ,, Loneliness level is okay I would say, according to the situation, fifteen percent. Worry level and love level are quite high, worry at sixty-nine percent and love at eighty percent."Junmyeon turned to him and Jongdae nodded. ,, It's just that...You know. I just want him to wake up." the younger android sighed and Junmyeon stood up to slowly brush through his hair. ,, I know, Jongdae. Just wait."


 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Jongdae was asleep when Baekhyun and Chanyeol alongside Yixing came into the room. Junmyeon looked up from scanning Minseok's watch and waved at them. ,, He's asleep, try to be quiet as much as possible." Yixing and the couple nodded and went to sit behind one of the tables to wait for Junmyeon to tell them the results of Jongdae's check-up. The laboratory worker turned to them and walked to them, sitting at the last available chair. ,, Look, he's fine. Nothing out of normal, but according to the situation, his worry and love levels are higher than normal. Other than that, he's just fine."Junmyeon told them in a whisper, not wanting to disturb the sleep-deprived android.

,, That's normal. If I would be android put into this situation, I think I would have the same levels, maybe even higher."Yixing muttered and looked at Junmyeon, sending him a fond smile. ,, Stop being cheesy."Junmyeon hissed and even though he lowered his head, Baekhyun and Chanyeol could make out the blush on his cheeks. ,, I'm glad. He's been so gloomy the past three days when I came here."Chanyeol muttered, his reaction much different from Baekhyun's one. ,, Wait, his love level is high!? How, why!?"He whisper-yelled and looked at his android friend. When he turned back, he got three confused looks. ,, What!?"

,, Don't tell me you didn't notice."Junmyeon whispered with wide eyes. ,, Notice what!?"Baekhyun was utterly confused, to say the least. ,, The way Jongdae looks at Minseok? The way that they are always together, all cuddly at our sofas while we have movie marathons?"Chanyeol raised one eyebrow and Baekhyun gasped. ,, Don't tell me Jongdae is..",, Yes babe, Jongdae is in love with Minseok." was all Chanyeol responded with and Baekhyun turned to the two androids again. Only now did he noticed their intertwined hands lying next to Jongdae's head. ,, No way! How could I not notice this!?" he widened his eyes, looking at the two laboratory workers and his boyfriend. They just shook their heads and shrugged.

,, Well, back to why you're here."Yixing brought them back to the theme they were on before. ,, Minseok's levels are okay, I fixed the charging problem, so there shouldn't be any more collapses. And I took a look at his human memory chip." Chanyeol's ears perked up and he raised his eyebrows. ,, I looked through his human memories and managed to sort them out to not let anything from right now trigger them. I'm gonna let him rest for today tho, and insert the chip back in tomorrow. I want to tell Jongdae about it, he will be happy. Minseok might not wake up right after because of the collapse, but I can assure you, he will be fine once he wakes up."He assured them and smiled.

Chanyeol smiled and teared up, catching Baekhyun who threw himself at him, shamelessly crying in joy. ,, I will stay with them 'till eleven at night, then I'm gonna go home to prepare myself for another emotional attack from Jongdae."Yixing chuckled lowly and Junmyeon grinned wildly. ,, He will cry his eyes out, I'm not getting the tissues this time."He warned. The Chinese male nodded and beckoned the couple to stand up and go get rest at home. Junmyeon resumed them he will stay with the two andriod all night.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Jongdae just watched Minseok's sleeping form. He looked so calm like this, his breathing slow and steady, and Jongdae had to blink many times to not fall asleep again. He could watch the older android all day and not get tired of it. His hand went up, fingers tracing Minseok's handsome features. The skin underneath his fingertips felt soft and he was had to smile. ,, Oh God, I just want you to wake up now.." He whispered and blinked away tears that gathered in his eyes. Yixing hasn't shown inside the room yet and it was driving Jongdae a little crazy. Please, don't let him be shut down...  He just sighed and softly placed his head on Minseok's hip, staring up at him. Junmyeon was watching them from the other end of the room, and also waited for Yixing to show up.  

Yixing showed up in the next hour with a box of tissues. Jongdae threw his confused look when he took a chair and sat next to Jongdae, smiling. ,, I have good news, Jongdae."He said and grinned at him. Jongdae's eyebrows shot up and he hummed to let Yixing know he was listening. ,, So, you know I fixed his charging problem, there won't be any more collapses. And I took a look at his human memory chip, looking through his memories to find things that could trigger him. And I can finally say I fixed it. I muted all triggering memories and if there still is something that could trigger something and we don't know about it, I set up a notification system that would send a text into Chanyeol's phone to let him know and bring Minseok to me. I'm gonna insert Minseok's human memory chip back today after you come back from your and Baekhyun's apartment to let you shower and eat." the laboratory worker smiled and Jongdae gasped. 

,, No way...Y-you said there is high chance to need to shut him d-down..."He sniffed and Yixing just shook his head. ,, There's no thing as shutting him down right now, Jongdae. He might not wake up right after I insert the chip back, but he will eventually in an hour after. You're getting him back, my favorite android." Yixing laughed and hugged Jongdae when the android threw himself at him, crying his eyes out. ,, Thank you, thank you, thank you.."He whispered into his ear and Yixing just ran a hand through his hair. ,, Anything for you." Yixing muttered and offered him a tissue box. Jongdae laughed, sat back, and took a few of them to dab at his face to dry his tears.
 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Baekhyun was there in ten minutes to take Jongdae back to their apartment to shower, change, and eat. They spent a whole time talking, Baekhyun interrogating him about his feelings for Minseok, and he was more than glad to tell him.  In an hour, they picked Chanyeol at his place and again, made their way to the laboratory. Yixing smiled at them when they came and took them to Minseok's room, holding the memory chip secure in his palm. Jongdae was quick to take his place beside Minseok and Junmyeon just shook his head at him, teasing him about crying his eyes out not so long ago. 

The younger android placed his head on Minseok's hip again and stared up, watching as Yixing inserted the chip back in the side of Minseok's neck. There was a reaction, Minseok furrowed his eyebrows softly, and Jongdae knew his mind was processing everything just to settle calmly. 

Just as Yixing said earlier, Minseok didn't wake up right after inserting the chip back in. It took about forty more minutes, and Chanyeol with Baekhyun managed to fall asleep during it, both being after night shifts and Jongdae smiled softly. Of course, they needed their sleep. Yixing and Junmyeon were out of the room, Yixing said it was due to 'something important about other androids' but Jongdae would bet they were just exchanging soft kisses somewhere around the corner. They weren't that subtle about their affection for one another and Jongdae was wishing them all good. 

The first thing that made him realize Minseok was waking up was the squeeze his hand received and the slight shift of Minseok's body. Lifting his head from his hip, Jongdae brushed his thumb over Minseok's knuckles and watched him with a gentle smile. Blinking, Minseok opened his eyes and Jongdae grinned, tears gathering in his eyes. ,, Uh.."Minseok cleared his throat and slowly sat up, slowly looking around, a soft smile appearing on his lips when his eyes landed on Jongdae. 

,, Hey..."He greeted and Jongdae chuckled through his tears. ,, Hey there."He said and wiped his tears. ,, Why are you crying, Dae? Did something happen while I was out?"Minseok raised one eyebrow, carefully watching Jongdae's face. ,, Oh God, you're an idiot, you know? Yixing said there was a high chance to need to shut you down!" Jongdae softly slapped his arm and sniffled. ,, Oh Dae, you little softie, come here." Minseok smiled and beckoned Jongdae beside him, slipping an arm around his waist when the younger slipped to his side.

,, I'm just glad you're okay now. Yixing fixed you."Jongdae muttered into his shoulder. Minseok hummed and brushed through his hair to try to calm the younger down. ,, If I remember correctly, you wanted to tell me something before I collapsed." he stated, slightly scratching at Jongdae's scalp. Jongdae blushed and whined, hiding his face in his shoulder. Minseok laughed quietly, carefully shifting his shoulder to see into younger's face. ,, What is it? I want to know!"He slightly tickled Jongdae's side, successfully getting him to shift around, now hovering over Minseok's own body. 

,, It's embarrassing..."He muttered, keeping his gaze low on Minseok's chest. The older android took his chin and tilted his head up, gently raising one eyebrow. ,, I won't make fun of you, you know it.."He muttered and younger's cheek. Jongdae gulped and looked at his face. ,, I just... Don't break my heart, p-please?" He asked with tears in his eyes, his bottom lip trembling as he looked down at Minseok. ,, I wouldn't dare to."Minseok assured him, tilting his head up to gently brush against Jongdae's lips. 

Their kiss wasn't hurried. It was slow, both of them letting the other know their feelings through it. Neither of them used their tongue, just softly, oh so gently brushing their lips against the others. Jongdae was smiling, his tears still flowing down his cheeks, and Minseok reached up to gently wipe them away. It felt so right, sweet, like home.
 

,, So, should I take it as an 'I like you'?"

,, You should take it as 'I love you'."