Yet It Was Too Late

My Home Was You

     December has never felt so cold, yet from a distance a skipping figure, with a warm blinding smile that could melt any person's heart in just one look— strides across the pouring rain. A bouquet of freshly picked roses swinging with her flapping arms as she landed each step on the puddles. A big red umbrella covering her body that was wrapped in a thick brown trench coat. 

 

     Waving at each person that comes her way, she made the lonely mood of the town bearable. Approaching a house near the town's border her smile grew wider. Reaching from one end of her ear to the other. Giddy and excited, she took a deep breath. "Kangchan! Im home!" She whispered under her breath. Her heart began thumping while her palms sweats. 

 

     She would be taking another huge step in life, and now that she's only a few meters away. The excitement had turned into nevousness. Her smiling face stiffen— and her limbs, feeling like jellies. Seeing the all too, familiar wooden gate. Her steps halted. Pacing back and forth with her bouquet, until she realizes something. The mood in the vicinity felt doleful. People in their black coats and dresses began flocking. "what is happening?" She asked herself. 

 

     Being the curious lass, she walked towards the place, and each step felt heavy for some reasons. The giddy feeling she had was replaced with fear. Creeping under her skin, towards her spine— and the moment she had a closer look. Everything fell down like the rain. She let loose of her grasp on her red umbrella. Her limbs felt like jelly once more, collapsing on her knees. Mouth agape while tears began trickling down her face and mixing with the water from the rain. The bouquet that she carried now looked like plucked and thrown flowers bathing in a puddle.

 

     'In Memories of Kang Hyewon' A memorial was being held, and never once she thought this is something that would be greeting her. After years of being away and keeping her feelings hidden. After all those years, regret was the only thing she had, after. The regret of leaving, of running away. The regret of not telling what she feels. Everything began pouring inside her until her sniffles burst into grieving cries. Everything came to a blur as her eyes spill their sadness, the rain poured harder complementing her new found agony. "Im sorry. I should have come sooner. Maybe, maybe the home that I hoped for if I did, was still standing. If only I wasn't late." She cries clenching the flowers while she let the rain washes her and her sorrows into a puddle.

 

 

-

 

This is just a drabble, as I stated in the foreword. Din't worry, I would be doing an update soon on MBFAW, and that kkubi fic I was writing. 

 

Again. I hope you like this. Even tho it's really short. Hahahahahah! Until the next update!!