Chapter 1 "First meeting"

Who would have thought

(Note timing might not be accurate but they are close enough)
It all started in November, the members of Minx were gathered in a pratice room. They were told they would be meeting two new members, which were going to be added to their newly formed group Dreamcatcher.
The members were excited to meet them but also a little anxious.
Jiu as always was being her bubbly self and was really excited to meet the new members. Sua was a bit nervous but mostly because she wanted to make a good impression. Siyeon on the other hand was really nervous and a bit shy and had been already playing with Jiu's hand(it helps Siyeon to calm down when she is nervous). Yoohyeon was guessing who the new members were since she noticed some new faces walking through the company halls. Dami wasn't too excited because that meant getting used to new people and even more talking. Not that she didn't enjoy the members company but she also like being alone but she promised she would try her best to get to know the new members.
All of the members turned their attention to the door being knocked on. The door was slowly being opened and you could see two faces slowly creeping up. It was obvious that they weren't sure if they were in the right place but after seeing five girls losely resembling what they were told, they quickly let out the breath they had been holding. They began introducing themselves "Hello I'm Gahyeon and I'm 17, please take care of me well" she said in shaky but cutesy tone. Dami was incredibly happy knowing she wasn't the maknae anymore. While the other members were just pointing how cute she was. After a while the second girl introduced herself "Hi I'm Handong, I'm from China and my korean isn't very good, its nice to meet you all". All of the five members gave a silent 'ohhh'.
After that it was mostly talking and getting to know each other, expcect for one person who has yet to say a word. Dami has been silent for the most part, for her members that wasn't anything new.

(Dami's perspective)
I don't why but the Chinese girl has really caught my attention even though I've know for her for only 30 seconds. Her voice is so delicate and soft, I feel like I could listen to it forever. Her outfit was simple, black jeans with a white blouse but she looked stunning. I had to stop my jaw from dropping. I was so stunned by her that for the next 10 minutes I didn't say, I just watched her smile.
Handong suddenly looked at me, I quickly turned my gaze away from her. She was walking towards me, and slowly opening to say something "Are you usually this quiet" she asked me to which I responded to "Yes, I enjoy silence but I rarely experience due the members being really loud", Handong let out a little giggle. I felt proud that I was already making the girl laugh, truth be told I just want to make her laugh and make her happy.

We were interrupted by another knock on the door, this time it was our manager unnie. "Kids, Handong and Gahyeon will be moving into the dorm in 2 days, so please clean it so you don't scare of the members". Siyeon and Sua in sync screamed 'YAAH', which is no suprise since they are pretty much soultmates and also the messiest members with Yoohyeon who surprisingly stayed quiet. Our manager shushed them by saying "I've been to the dorm, please just do what I say, also start packing your stuff I will be taking you guys back to the dorm in 10 minutes"
After our manager left we all said goodbye to the new members, I tried to give Handong a hug but a tree suddenly lunged herself on to me "Yubinie~ are you excited to go home" I just replied with a simple nod. Handong and Gahyeon left shortly after, weirdly enough I already miss Handong but my thoughts were quickly interrupted because Yoohyeon climbed on my back. Lucky for Yoohyeon and unlucky for me, she kept herself glued to me so I had to carry her all the way to the van.
After entering the van, Jiu sat next to our manager, Siyeon and Sua behind them. While Yoohyeon quickly jumped of my back, and hurried to the last spot in the van. She loves to sit there well she doesn't sit there, she likes to lay there. I find it cute but this is probably the last she is going to do that because now we need that space.
I sat down on empty seat behind Siyeon, and I started thinking about Handong. I don't usually feel like this when I met new people, it takes a while for them to grown on me. But for some reason I felt differently about Handong, I suddenly felt the need to get closer. What is this feeling, is it curiosity because she is foreigner. I don't understand this.
I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts as Jiu was yelling that we are going to stop by the supermarket to buy some snack and drinks. I guess I can think about it later, I'm sure everything will be fine and I'm just being weird.
We stop by a supermarket Jiu and Siyeon go in the store. While Sua, Yoohyeon and me stayed in the van. Sua starts playing some music, I recognized the song as soon as it started, it was 'Cider'. Obviously this was Sua's and Yoohyeon's song, they even thought about covering at some point nevertheless they started singing. It really seemed like they had something to drink just how crazy they are. Quickly Jiu and Siyeon come back to witness the chaos that is happening in the van.

We come back to the dorm tired after a long, we all wash up and go to sleep. That was the plan but I had trouble falling asleep, weird.