concern

concern

Bong Jaehyun feels trapped. He doesn't know where to go even after knowing well he did he best. He thinks that what he did isn't enough.

The members praise him for working hard for today's practice. He should be happy hearing it, but why isn't he delighted? He tries to dance the moves and look at his actions closely in the mirror.

He looks at the other member of his team, Kim Donghyun. He gawks unintentionally whenever he watches Donghyun dances flawlessly and effortlessly. He admires Donghyun, but today, he feels irritated seeing how fluid Donghyun is.

If he can describe Donghyun, he's water. When you put him in every shape of a container, he can easily adapt and move freely. 'How can I be like him?' Jaehyun asks himself, but he won't get the answer he's seeking evidently, so he decides to practice until he improves his moves.

Donghyun decides to rest. He grabs his tumbler and opens the lid to have a drink before sitting down on the floor. He watches how Jaehyun practices his moves. He isn't worried that Jaehyun might notice he's looking for long because Jaehyun's into his practice.

He can tell that Jaehyun changed drastically to get a better version of himself, appearance, or talent-wise, but he's still the same sweetheart for everybody. That's what he admires about Jaehyun yet he also needs to keep up because Jaehyun might catch up and is getting dangerous for his lethal looks each day.

He stands up from his seat and goes to tap Jaehyun's shoulder, "I'm going first. You'll stay late?"

"Go," Jaehyun replies, not bothering to give him a single look, not even his reflection in the mirror.

He figures out Jaehyun seems to be that serious than usual, "All right. See you tomorrow."

'Jaehyun isn't like that normally.' he wonders what came up on Jaehyun's mind. He can only hope that Jaehyun's fine.

He arrives at their team's dorm and calls it a day by entering inside his assigned room and climbing up on the upper part of the bunk bed to sleep.
 

 

Without the help of an alarm sound, Donghyun wakes up. He's about to wake his teammate, Choi Bomin, up, but it's a surprise that he isn't on his bed anymore. He might sound exaggerating, but it's a miracle that a Choi Bomin woke up first than him.

He goes out to proceed inside their full bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth, but he notices that all of his teammates are here except Jaehyun.

He asks Hong Joochan who's the nearest to where he's standing, "Where's Jaehyun?"

"I don't know," Joochan answers while he's focused playing a mobile game that Donghyun doesn't know on his phone, "haven't seen him either."

He can't fish a piece of information from Joochan, so he should ask Kim Jibeom or Son Youngtaek because they are Jaehyun's roommate. He sees Jibeom's focused playing a mobile game similar to what Joochan's playing, so he should ask Youngtaek because he's not doing anything except for waiting for the breakfast that Lee Jangjun is cooking currently.

"Have you seen Jaehyun?"

"Yes, but he left early,"

"Left early? Why?" he follows up another question.

Youngtaek shrugs, "I don't know the answer why he left early than usual, sorry. I asked him why he woke up, but he didn't answer me. I could only speculate he went to the company for practice."

"Oh, I see. Thanks."

'Jaehyun practiced late and now he practiced early? Did he even eat his breakfast?' He should go to the company to check Jaehyun out.
 

 

Donghyun peeks inside the dance practice room to find Jaehyun. He finds Jaehyun, looking at his reflection in the mirror while dancing. He enters the dance practice room without knocking, so it kind of startles Jaehyun.

"You're still practicing?" Donghyun places the convenience store's plastic bag full of instant breakfast foods, water bottles, and carton boxes of banana milk for themselves, "You should eat first."

"As you can see," Jaehyun answers, sounding like he's too tired that he's forced to answer, but in an irritated tone.

"You don't need to do that," Donghyun replies, trying his best to give Jaehyun a calm response after hearing such an answer, "I doubt you ate your breakfast."

Jaehyun's frown deepens, "Who the are you to tell me that?"

'What's gotten to him? Why is he worked up? This isn't like him, something's up.' He should know what happened to Jaehyun.

"Look, I'm just concerned as a friend-"

"It's none of your concern," Jaehyun cuts, not giving Donghyun a chance to finish off what he is telling, "I don't ing need it."

Donghyun snorts, seeing how Jaehyun cuts him off and used a foul word unbelievably. He needs to catch Jaehyun off guard, so he pins Jaehyun down which is successful since Jaehyun is surprised evidently. Jaehyun tries to escape from his hold, but his struggles are futile. The members consider them the physically weakest in their team, but Jaehyun is surprised how Donghyun has gotten stronger than him in a short span.

"Let. Go," Jaehyun demands, hoping that these words are enough to move him instead of struggling since breaking free is pretty useless.

"No, I won't," Donghyun refuses, "you're the one who started this."

"And if I did?" Jaehyun dares, "What is it to you? Can you ing leave me alone?"

Being hot-headed as Jaehyun won't help, so he should speak to him softly, "I don't know what happened to you, but I won't leave you alone. I just won't. You're important to me."

Donghyun gives him a short yet sweet kiss on his lips which made his eyes go wide. Jaehyun is stunned that he fails to comprehend what the hell just happened. 'Did that just happen?' Jaehyun questions himself, but he also answers to himself it did, it damn did.

It sunk to Jaehyun that he was kissed on his lips by a man named Kim Donghyun, so he covered his face quickly using his palms. Jaehyun feels it's getting hot in here and wants to escape from Donghyun's hold or else Donghyun will hear his heartbeat thumping loud and clear. Jaehyun curses himself for being powerless because he feels exposed and vulnerable to a man who he looked up to.

"Do you mind telling me what happened to you?" Donghyun asks, hoping this time Jaehyun will speak about it.

"I don't mind, so will you stop doing that?" Jaehyun mumbles, but Donghyun could hear it clearly since it's only them who's inside the dance practice room, "It just makes me weird further..."

"What's so weird about it?" Donghyun asks, taunting him by touching Jaehyun's lips using his index finger and trailed it down on his chin, neck, until to Jaehyun's chest where his thumping heart placed, "You're beautiful."

"Lies," Jaehyun mumbles, "you're the beautiful one and I can't be like you and that's frustrating."

"Don't say that," 

"I'm sorry I'm not on my right mind," Jaehyun sighs, calming down finally, "I feel like running in endless circles, wanting to be like you, but I can't."

"You don't need to be me," Donghyun gives Jaehyun a light yet fluttering chaste kiss on his forehead, "you're on your own."

"I know. I know that yet I—"

Donghyun hushed Jaehyun, placing his index finger gently on Jaehyun's lips, "Ironic of me telling you those words when I envied how improving you are, afraid that you might leave me behind. You have no idea that each day, I worry."

Jaehyun has no idea that Donghyun also thinks of him that way and it's dumb, very dumb of them.

"We made ourselves fool," Jaehyun chuckles, his worries dissipate at last.

"Yeah, we hell did," Donghyun beams unknowingly. 

Donghyun steals a kiss on Jaehyun's right eye, nose, and lips which makes Jaehyun gasp, "Can I give you comfort?"

Donghyun is asking for his permission. Why would he refuse when Donghyun started it already, "You're already half-way, dummy."

"I hope you won't regret this happened because I won't."