A sweet Fool and his handsome Prince

DONGBA - A Fool in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

   .... At SHINee International School- Primary Block

 

"Sungie, you forgot your lunchbox at home. How could you even forget every single day?" A surprised  looking teenager smiled and ruffled the hair of his seven years old brother. "Hae Hae—I mean Hae hyung—" Sungie stopped and his left side to face his bestfriend who was giving him an innocent glare.

 

"I know, I know—Hae Hae... Oops!!" Seungie quickly covered his mouth with his both tiny hands. "Aaish! Hyukkie; you are my bestfriend and you love my hyung but dont get mad at me when I say Hae Hae hyung, Please!"

 

"Mm... NOooo!!!!! " Another seven years old boy; Hyukjae screamed. He was on the verge of crying. "Y-you c-can call him D-Dong-H-Hae H-Hyu-Hyung." And the dam of tears on the brim of his eyes got broken immediately.

 

"Aaw!!! Hyukkie baby, please don’t cry. And Sungie, only Hyukkie can call me HaeHae. He gave me the name so only he is allowed to call me with that, Okay." Donghae cooed and gently wiped the tears on Hyukkie's chubby and rosy cheeks.

 

Sungie kept observing his bestfriend and felt little bad for making Hyukkie cry. He was somehow quite understanding kid and also Donghae has spoilt Hyukkie little more than his own brother Seungie since his baby brother prefers to be treated like a big boy. "I am sorry Hyukkie; Donghae hyung is right, only you can call him Hae Hae." Sungie tried to cheer up his bestfriend.

 

Little Hyukkie looked at his bestfriend giving him few nods and murmered an okay. But soon he realised, his crush; his handsome HaeHae was still squating too close to him.

 

Suddenly, the chubby brunette started feeling shy and looked on the ground whilst playing with his cute tiny fingers nervously.

 

The chubby brunette felt so shy that he couldnt stand the stare of his handsome crush. It was too much for a heart of a seven years old. So, he turned to run away but he got held on his place making him to stumble a little- "Aahh!!"

 

"Hyukkie, why are you trying to run? I helped you to meet Donghae hyung everday at school. You dont love my hyung anymore?" The blowned secret confession startle Hyukkie and...... Donghae as well.

 

Poor chubby brunette couldnt believe that his bestfriend dropped the bomb- their little secret infront of his crush. "Sungie, how you helped Hyukkie to meet me when I am the one to come here to give your—" Donghae realised something before he could even complete his own sentence.

 

"Did you purposely left your lunchbox at home everyday, Sungie!" Donghae asked in an unsured voice. And without a pinch of hesitation his little brother chirped excitedly- " Of course! Donghae hyung. Hyukkie always feels sad whenever you dont come to our block and meet us at school.” 

 

Donghae was awwed with that unexpected plan of his little brother. He ruffled the latter's hair. "Are you mad at us, HaeHae?" Little Hyukkie sniffled with a huge pout. 

 

"How can I be mad at you two? You two little ones are my precious babies." Donghae placed his each hand on top of their heads and patted lovingly.

 

Meanwhile, Sungie frowned at his brother's words and act, causing Donghae to laugh a little whilst the chubby brunette’s face was getting redder because of his crush's act.

 

"Hyung, am not your little one. I am a big boy, you know." The said big boy retorted feeling annoyed. "Dont worry HaeHae, I am okay to be your little one." Hyukkie said in his sweet heartwarming voice but not looking directly at the elder's face. Donghae's heart got melted because of the cuteness overloaded from little Hyukkie.

 

"Aaww!!! Hyukkie baby still loves his HaeHae." A teasing voice was enough to create a magic on little Hyukkie’s tummy.

 

A magic.... he feels inside his tummy is something he couldn't explain properly neither have experienced such feelings except when with his HaeHae. He even had a long talk regarding the matter with his little smarter than him; his bestfriend Sungie but they both couldn't figured out the name of the feelings so Hyukkie secretly named it "Magic."

 

This time the chubby brunette ran away; even not bothering to look back at his bestfriend who was yelling his name angrily.

 

……Later in the evening at Trimage Residency

 

The two best friends were inside Hyukjae’s bedroom. Little Yesungie was in serious thoughts. While the other chubby brunette was busy playing with his nemo plushie (his 6th years birthday gift from his HaeHae); being all adorable with his cute giggles. 

 

The sight was so endearing.

 

However, Sungie find it hard to hold whatever his talkative mouth was itching to blurt out when he saw that his best friend was lying on his stomach with both tiny little legs floating and dancing up in the air while talking with the Nemo plushie and kissing it’s pouty lips once in a while like a crazy kid. 

 

The chubby brunette puckered his lips and was ready to kiss his nemo when he heard his best friend’s annoying voice. 

 

"You know Hyukkie, talking with that stupid and ugly fishy won’t give you any ideas. aarrgh!! why am I even helping you??" 

 

Hyukjae made a poker face and stood up from his bed whilst hugging his nemo plushie and walked towards his best friend who was sitting on a small chair besides the bed.

 

"hhmmph!!— First this nemo here is a cute fishy, second— you are so wrong because HaeHae told me to talk with nemo whenever I have problems. And lastly, you are helping me because I am your best friend, you silly!” 

 

Yesungie just rolled his eyes at his crazy best friend. "No wonder, you love my Hyung because you both are stupid." Hyukkie fumed with anger and started hitting his friend with his plushie- "Don’t call my Hae Hae stupid. He is not stupid.... He is so so smart."

 

"Ouch!! Ouch!!! cool down Hyukkie—I am sorry and yes you are right; Donghae hyung is smart." Hyukkie stopped hitting his friend feeling content with what he heard. 

 

Meanwhile there was a loud shout from downstairs, it was Hyukkie mom’s voice. 

 

"Yesungie, your hyung is here to pick you up." The two boys heard what the elder said and replied in unison- "Okay!!!!" 

 

They both ran downstairs after having a short whisper-like-talk about the new plan they needed since Sungie had to go home before even they came across with any ideas but soon they both agreed upon finding a new secret plan; tomorrow after school.

 

A secret plan—to make Donghae come on his own to meet them at school on their block.

 

"Hello Hyukkie!" Donghae waved his hand. While the chubby brunette cutely replied his crush- "Hello, Hae Hae." And Donghae didn’t delay to ruffle his hair gently causing his cheeks to become rosy instantly. 

 

"Aww!! my baby is so shy in front of his crush." Hyukkie’s mom cooed a fact. "Mom, I am not a baby." Hyukjae sulked.

 

"But you liked it when Donghae hyung calls you his baby." Little Seungie smirked evily after successfully revealing the not-so-secret of his best friend to his mom. 

 

"Is that true my Hyukki baby!!" Hyukkie’s mom teased his son and smiled. But little Hyukkie was dying of embarrassment because of being exposed and teased in front of his crush by his own mother and his best friend. 

 

And in no time, his face was as red as tomato. "You know what— I hate you both?" He said with a huge adorable pout while looking towards his two enemies of that night who were high five-ing and laughing.

 

The chubby brunette then ran upstairs to his bedroom. He was just about to open his door, he realized that he forgot to wish his crush a goodnight.

 

As he was hesitating whether to go downstairs and wish his HaeHae a goodnight or just to shout from where he was, suddenly he was turned around and pulled in a warm hug.

 

"Goodnight, Hyukkie baby." Donghae then gave a goodnight kiss on his forehead like he always does almost every night. He replied with a shy smile- "Goodnight, HaeHae." 
 

 

….Same night at Little Yesungie’s Home  

 

"Eww!! Hyung, I am not your Hyukkie baby." Little Sungie irritatedly wiped his broad forehead where his brother has given him a goodnight kiss. "I know but still you are my baby too." Donghae then gave his brother a bone crushing hug playfully. "Hyung, you are just too touchy touchy." 

 

Little Sungie used all of his energy to push his brother away. "Hey! you used to cry when I didn’t give you a goodnight kiss or a hug, when you were a small baby." Donghae reasoned and faked as if he got hurt.

 

But little Sungie only rolled his eyes just as a smart kid he is and counterattacked his brother- " See! Hyung, you said it yourself that that was when I was a S-M-A-L-L baby but I am a B-I-G boy now." He emphasized the word small and big in a high pitch tone. 

 

Donghae just laughed his off seeing his baby brother’s antics and bid him goodnight once again before leaving the other’s bedroom.

 

While, little Sungie climbed up on his bed and cover himself with a blanket until his neck while mumbling- "I wonder why my crazy best friend likes my crazy and so touchy-touchy hyung a lots? Oh! I got it, they both are crazy and—"

 

However, Little Sungie was off to dreamland in no time even before he could finished his secret self talks.

 

…… 

 

Little Hyukkie and Sungie were playing with their other friends on school playground but every now and then little Hyukkie’s eyes were wandering towards the way from where his Hae Hae always comes to meet them. Unfortunately, their break was about to be over but there was still no sight of the elder. 

 

Meanwhile, Little Sungie saw his best friend’s saddened eyes. Being a best friend he doesn’t like it when the other is sad and so he just got angry over his brother for not coming to see them as usual as he has promised.

 

Yes, Donghae started coming to see his two little babies everyday at their primary block even though little Sungie’s plan about forgetting the lunchbox at home got busted only after a week they have followed that plan.

 

But on the bright side, the two best friends didn’t had to rack their tiny brains for a new plan. 

 

"Hyukkie!!" Little Yesungie ran towards his best friend while huffing and puffing. "What, Sungie?" The chubby brunette weakly said. "Come, let’s go Hyukkie." And he grabbed the other’s hand and started running without giving any proper details. 

 

Though, little Hyukkie ran along with his best friend but still asked out his confusion- "Where are we going, Sungie?" The other halt their running and cleared the other’s confusion giving a cheeky smile- "Obviously to see my brother, now let’s run faster so we won’t get caught."

 

Then they both ran towards the opposite block from the primary block; laughing and running as fast as their tiny legs could.

 

….At SHINee International School- Middle School Block

 

The two little best friends were now walking through the hallway towards Donghae's classroom. Well, they were lucky that they found the elder's best friend on the way inside the building who told them the direction towards the classroom. Since the elder had to go to the library, they parted their ways.

 

”What if Hae Hae gets mad at us, Sungie?” The chubby brunette voiced out his worries to his best friend. ”He won't, Hyukkie. Don't worry.” Little Yesungie assured his best friend giving him a bright smile. But the other was far from calmness and so added his other worries- ”What if we are late for our class and get caught?" 
 

Before his worries could get reassured they reached their destination and were welcomed by a few groups of noisy crowd. They both stood infront of the door with their jaw dropped. Since they were little kids, nobody even noticed their presence.


The two primary first grade kids both wondered why few of their eighth grade seniors were dressed in a various Disney characters outfits. Though it didn't took them long minutes to spot their favorite hyung who was back facing them while being engaged in a small group. And so little Yesungie run towards his brother while the chubby brunette was rooted on his place.

 

”Donghae hyung!" Little Yesungie poked on his brother's back while stretching his short arms to reach the elder's back as higher possible. Donghae turned back and was surprised to see his little brother who was looking somewhat angry with his both small hands on his tiny hips. 
 

"Sungie!! What are you doing here?" He then lowered himself to be as same height as his baby brother. "Hmph!!!! I am mad at you, hyung." Little Sungie folded his arms on his chest and turned his face sideways to show his brother that he is really mad. 
 

"Aww!! You look so cute when getting angry but why my baby brother is mad at his hyung?" Donghae gently pinched his brother's both cheeks while turning the other's face towards his own and earning a yelp from the other.

 

"You broke your promise hyung, Hyukkie was sad because you didn't came and he didn't even played hide and seek well, Right Hyukkie!" Little Sungie turned to his right only to see empty space next to him instead of his best friend. Donghae was now confused with his baby brother's weirdness.  
 

”Where is Hyukkie, he was with me before?" Little Sungie instead asked his brother looking baffled.

 

Then without wasting a second, Donghae stood straight back and scan the whole class. A huge smile formed on his face when he saw the chubby brunette who was hiding and peeking from a small group of his classmates who were oblivious of the small kid behind their backs; busy chatting within themselves.

 

He leaned lower again and asked his brother to follow him. When the brothers were infront of the chubby brunette, the latter's cheeks were turning into dark pink shades.

 

"Hello, baby Hyukkie." Donghae leaned lower and was on his one knee but he didn't got any reply. The chubby brunette just kept blinking his eyes and stare at him. "I am so sorry, Hyukkie baby—for not coming to see you earlier. I was busy with our outfit trial today for upcoming drama competition. Can you please forgive your Hae Hae?" 
 

Little Sungie and his hyung exchanged their glances as the chubby brunette was still staring at the elder without a word. "Hyukkie! Hyukkie!" Little Sungie lightly swinged one of his best friend's hand few times. Well, both brothers got stunned with what the chubby brunette said after waking up from his short reverie—

 

”Prince Hae Hae, you are so handsome. Will you marry me?" The seven years old chubby brunette shyly confessed to his three years long crush who was dressed in one of a Disney Prince outfit.

 

"I want to be your Princess." His round and big eyes were literally shooting hearts and his gummy smile was the brightest than ever.

 

"Aww!! Hyukkie baby, So you want to be my Princess. Okay—I will make you my Princess but you need to grow up first so we can get married." The said Prince cooed and showed his enchanting smile.

 

Well, the due-to-be-Princess jumped towards his said Prince; throwing all his earlier shyness in the air and was immediately caught in a warm embrace.

 

Meanwhile, little Yesungie who witnessed a mini drama of his hyung and his best friend; only could gasps and facepalm in disbelief. And on the other side, the noisy crowds were still oblivious about the sweet and cute acts that happened all these while in their presence.

 

……

 

October 12th, at Trimage Residency 

Block 'E' / 4th Floor

 

"Mommmmm!!!!" The chubby brunette screamed his lungs out in horror with tears on his round fluffed cheeks, running out from his bedroom. And soon his mom shouted saying that she is in the kitchen.
 

"Mommy!!" 

 

Immediately, after hearing the word "Mommy", the mother got alerted and left behind the dishes she was doing and moved towards her crying son. As that was a term little Hyukkie uses only when something was upsetting or saddening him.


"Baby!! What happened??Why are you crying??" The mother hugged her son and placed him to sit on a chair of a dining table. But little Hyukkie cried out more louder instead. 
 

The mother got worried seeing her baby's flushed face with tears. She lifted him from the arms and sat herself on the chair then placed him on her lap. "Sshh!! Don't cry baby. Please tell mommy what happen?" The mother cooed in a soothing voice while wiping off the tears from her son's reddened cheeks. 
 

"Mommy, my front two teeth are loose." Little Hyukkie completed his sentence with much difficulties because of the hiccups. But his mother got surprised after hearing her son's reason behind crying hard.

 

"Baby!! You never cried before whenever you had a tooth fall. Even you always behaved as a big boy and asked tooth fairy for a new strong and nice tooth instead of a gift." The mother remind those good things as an attempt to soothe the cries of her son.

 

Well, that worked. The chubby brunette was no more crying though some tears and slight hiccups were still there.

 

"But Mommy....what if my teeth falls before a special day or—on that day??" Little Hyukkie's baby voice was laced with worries and seriousness.

 

"Special day???" The mother asked confusedly. "Yes mommy! special day.....my Hae Hae's birthday, fifteenth of October." Little Hyukkie said the details sadly to his mother.

 

"Okay, I understood it now but baby why are you so worried about loosing your teeth before or on that special day?" By now the mother was confused more.

 

"Because......because—when my two teeth falls........ 

  I won't look handsome anymore and HaeHae will not like me. I want to look handsome on HaeHae's birthday.

 

Little Hyukkie said almost inaudibly in shyness while twiddling his mother's necklace.

 

"Aww!!! Don't worry baby. You will only look more cute with no tooth infront and you are always handsome even if you loose your front two teeth." The mother said softly while caressing her son's back lovingly to ease his worries.

 

However, those words were not enough for little Hyukkie. He got up from his mother's lap and went to stand right infront of her.

 

"But......what if HaeHae thinks I am not cute and....and not handsome anymore." 
 

The only thing his mother could do was to facepalm though in imagination; seeing how her seven years old son was extremely worried about not being liked by his soon-to-be-sixteen years old teenager; crush.

 

"Baby, I am sure your crush will like you with or without tooth." The mother son. "Mom!! You are so meanie." The chubby brunette whined and run back towards his bedroom after bidding goodnight to his mom.

 

But soon after; Little Hyukkie was back again in the living room, once his father came home from work. Though his father was surprised to see his son to be still awake, he carefully listened to his son's worries with full of interest.

 

And after listening, his father said almost the similar things as his mom had told earlier. But little Hyukkie felt relieved after sharing his worries with his parents. He forgot about the worries and slept peacefully that night whilst dreaming about his HaeHae.

 

October 15, at Trimage Residency

Block 'D' / 15th Floor

 

Little Hyukkie was standing infront of his best friend's house after knocking on the door few times with his small fists as usual since his height is little small to reach for the intercom.

 

The chubby brunette was all nervous and so was fidgeting as he waited for the door to be open. 
 

After few seconds when the door got opened from inside, the chubby brunette got startled because of his own nervousness.

 

"Oh! Good morning Hyukkie, come on in." The mother of his best friend welcomed him with a loving smile. "Good morning mom!" Little Hyukkie entered inside and greeted her back with his cutest gummy smile.

 

Little Yesungie's mom adored the chubby brunette as much she does to her both sons. And because of her son Sungie being a best friend to little Hyukkie, she asked the latter to call her mom instead of aunty. Even their parents became closer after their friendship bloomed in no time.

 

"So, Hyukkie.....anything special that you came here so early in the morning?" His best friend's mom knowingly while they were walking towards the living room. 

 

"Err... Umm......mom—I just came to wish HaeHae a Happy Birthday." 

 

Little Hyukkie said in a hushed tone whilst fiddling his little fingers in shyness. While, Sungie’s mom was awwed seeing him being adorably cute and shy. 

 

"That’s so thoughtful of you Hyukkie. You are such a sweetheart. Donghae will be really happy." She said sweetly and lovingly ruffled his mushroom-cut hair.

 

However, such an endearing compliments only caused Little Hyukkie’s small body to almost have eight bends because of the embarrassment. And after seeing the chubby brunette in a bashful state, Sungie’s mom quickly told him that he can go to the elder’s room so as to stop herself for making the poor little cute kid more shy.

 

But the chubby brunette went to his best friend’s room first to gather some encouragement from his friend. Though when he entered the room, he found his best friend soundly sleeping as it was still early in the morning even to wake up for school.

 

”Sungie! Sungie, wakey!!! wakey!!!” Little Hyukkie shook the small lump on the bed. And instantly the lump threw the blanket away, revealing it as a Little Sungie with his bed head hair and squinted eyes.

 

"Hyukkie, why are you here so early?" Little Sungie’s voice was slightly rough after waking up. "Of course! I have to be here this early. You stupid, it’s HaeHae’s birthday today. I want to be the first to wish him like last year and before last year." The chubby brunette explained his best friend after climbing up on the bed and laying on his back comfortably next to his best friend. 

 

"Okay, I do know it’s Donghae hyung’s birthday today but why did you woke me up instead of going to his room?" Little Sungie yawned loudly and turn to face his best friend. "Because I need some encouragement and help from you to give my birthday gift to HaeHae.”

 

The chubby brunette took out a handmade card hidden under his pajama tops which was secured safely in between his tummy and pajama pants.
 

"I made this birthday card for HaeHae. It took me two days to complete it." The chubby brunette showed the said handmade card to his best friend with a proud grin attached on his chubby face. 

 

Little Sungie saw a drawing of a small orange colored ugly looking nemo fish at the front of the card. And the drawing of a funny looking prince with big crown on his head with buffed body and way too long cylindrical legs; along with a drawing of a small boy with a crown on top of mushroom-cut hair and almost like a stick body were drawn on the inside of a card.

 

In the drawing of the prince and princess, they were holding hands and they both were smiling showing their teeth. And not to forget that "Prince HaeHae" was written below the drawing of a prince and "Princess Hyukkie" below the drawing of a small boy. 

 

Little Sungie showed a thumbs up sign to his best friend and said- "It’s awesome, Hyukkie. Donghae hyung will like it. Now, hurry up and go. I will wish him after you finished wishing him."

 

Though, little Sungie thinks that the drawing of a bright orange colored nemo looks really ugly and the smile of prince and princess showing teeth was kind of scary but he kept that to himself because he doesn’t want to hurt his best friend’s feelings. 

 

"Thank you, Sungie. Now, I feel less nervous." The best friend shared a quick hug and little Hyukkie left the room.

 

....A minute later, the chubby brunette was standing in front of the elder’s room. He knocked on the door while calling- "HaeHae!" 

 

And after a third calling the door was opened by a sleepy Donghae. "Hyukkie baby? You are here this early! Come inside." Yet even on his sleepy state Donghae gave a bright smile. 

 

Once inside the room, Donghae saw that the chubby brunette was timidly following him with his hands behind.

 

"Are you okay, Hyukkie baby?" Donghae asked concernedly while little Hyukkie nod his head.

 

"Happy birthday, HaeHae." The chubby brunette wished his crush and handed over a handmade birthday card, revealing from his back.

 

Donghae was surprised but more than that; Happy- to get wished and receive a handmade card from his Hyukkie baby.

 

"Hyukkie baby!!!" Donghae pull up the chubby brunette and carried him like a small baby then placed him on his bed. "You made this card for me!" He seated himself next to the chubby brunette and gave a quick short hug.

 

"Aww!! You drew such a cute nemo." He said after looking at the front of the card, then opened the card and smiled big after seeing the content of the card inside.

 

"Wow!! You drew a picture of us! We look handsome with our crowns." Donghae looked up from the card and pecked on his little one’s forehead and sweetly said- "It’s so beautiful. Thank you so so much, Hyukkie baby." 

 

Donghae was so busy looking at the card and complimenting his little one, he only realized the chubby brunette’s state when he got a shy reply- "You are welcome, Prince HaeHae." 

 

The chubby brunette was all flushed since the time he was being carried by his crush, he was feeling that 'Magic' on his tummy when his crush was sweetly talking about his card and drawings. He felt his own shyness being rose all over his flushed face again and again when he received a soft and caring peck on his forehead.

 

And seeing such adorably cute looking chubby brunette in his cute nemo printed pajama; Donghae chuckled but inwardly so as not to let his little one be offended or more shy.

 

"Umm... HaeHae—I still have one more gift for you." Little Hyukkie pulled out something from his pajama pant’s pocket and asked his prince to bring his hand forward. 

 

Donghae excitedly put his hand forward with an open palm. "Here, I hope HaeHae will like it." Little Hyukkie nervously placed his own fisted small hand on top of the elder’s palm. Then removed his hand after placing his gift.

 

"Hyukkie baby, are you really giving me this?? Are you sure?" Donghae asked surprisingly.

 

"Of course HaeHae. I want you to keep my favorite strawberry pendant. Why you didn’t like it, HaeHae??" Little Hyukkie pouted.

 

Donghae was more than stunned to see a tiny strawberry pendant on his palm. "I really liked it, Hyukkie baby. But it’s your favorite birthday gift from your parents. Won’t they be upset, if you give it to me?? He calmly said not wanting to hurt his little one’s heart. 

 

"But I really—like..... really really want HaeHae to keep it. And don’t worry, if my mom and dad ask then I will tell them that I lost it while playing at the park." The chubby brunette said confidently while flashing his heart melting gummy smile.

 

Well, how can Donghae say no after that? "Okay then, I will buy a suitable chain for this cute pendant after school. Oh! and I will show Hyukkie baby after wearing it, okay!." He showed his happiness with his angelic smile. 

 

The chubby brunette and his handsome prince were smiling like an idiot when little Sungie barged inside the room.

 

"Happy birthday, Donghae Hyung." The two brothers hugged each other. "Thank you, Sungie baby."

 

"Pfftt...am not a baby. Anyways, mom is calling you two for breakfast."

 

Little Sungie murmured 'Idiots' when he saw big smiles plastered on the said idiot’s faces. Then he left the room followed by the other two.  

 

....Later in the Evening at Donghae’s Birthday Party 

 

"Hae! Happy sixteenth Birthday, once again." Donghae’s best friend Ryewook chirped happily. "Thanks, Wookie and thanks for coming." 

 

Donghae had invited only few of his close friends from school at his birthday party. Since it was already eight in the evening, all of them went home after a noisy dinner.

 

But still... his little one....his Hyukkie baby has not come yet. Though, he was happy and had fun with his best friend and close friends around but he felt kind of sad all those times. He even asked his baby brother Yesungie that why the chubby brunette still hasn’t arrived ?

 

And much to his uneasiness, his baby brother also hasn’t returned home who has left the party in the middle to bring the chubby brunette from his home. So, he quickly dialed again the same landline number that he had called earlier. 

 

No one answered the call again.

 

He then dialed the mobile number that he had called few times earlier. But this time as well the call went unanswered. And without wasting a second, he left his house while shouting- "Mom! I am going to Hyukkie's house."

 

...at Hyukkie's Home

 

Little Sungie has been trying his best to cheer up his best friend since hours now. But the chubby brunette was crying his heart out every now and then. Even his mother's soothing words couldn't console him this time. 
 

"Oh!  Donghae-ah , Thank goodness you came." Little Hyukkie's mom felt relieved after opening the door. "Aunty, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" Donghae got worried.

 

They kept standing on the hallway whilst Hyukkie's mom told Donghae about little Hyukkie's sad mood. Though she suggested him to better have a talk with Hyukkie himself.

 

"... Donghae-ah, I am sorry that I couldn't receive your calls earlier. Since, Yesungie was here with Hyukkie, I went to buy some groceries. So, I forgot my mobile here at home in hurry." Hyukkie's mom said apologetically.

 

Donghae turned around to reply her as he was already walking towards little Hyukkie's room- "It's okay, aunty. There is really no need to be sorry." 
 

Then he hurriedly ran upstairs to see his Hyukkie baby. Once he reached that room, he knock on the door twice before entering the room.

 

"Donghae hyung!" Little Sungie said in a surprise. Donghae walked towards the bed and hugged his baby brother. "Hyung, please make Hyukkie smile again. He is sad and doesn't want to talk with us." 
 

"Hey, don't be so upset Sungie baby. I will talk with Hyukkie. Okay!" Donghae said after breaking their brotherly hug. And so little Sungie went out from the room saying that he will wait for them downstairs in the living room. 
 

Meanwhile, the lump on the bed remained unmoved all those times. 
 

After the door got closed, Donghae went to sit on the bed near the unstirred lump. He then gently caressed the lump. "Hyukkie baby, can I remove the blanky?" Donghae asked lovingly. 
 

Suddenly, the lump moved showing disapproval. "Please! Hyukkie baby. I want to see you and I want you to talk to me." Donghae pleaded softly. 
 

Meanwhile, Donghae was completely unaware about the chubby brunette's condition under those moon and stars printed baby blue blanket.

 

The chubby brunette's heart was racing uncontrollably in fear. He felt his hands and feets to be getting cold. He doesn't want to be seen by his crush at that moment. At the same time he only felt more sad for not being able to see his crush- his handsome Prince.

 

And, once again as a reply the lump only moved hastily. Well, Donghae knew the movement better; as a sign of complete disapproval. 
 

”So, Hyukkie baby doesn't want to see his HaeHae. Since it's HaeHae's birthday today, HaeHae will be sad too if Hyukkie baby will not talk with HaeHae." Donghae purposely talked in third person as it was his secret way to make little Hyukkie talk whenever the latter is upset or sad.

 

And it did wonder. Little Hyukkie did talk though he still didn't let go of his blanky- "Mmmnooo..... its not true. Hyukkie really really wants to see HaeHae but Hyukkie knows that HaeHae will not like Hyukkie anymore because....because—Hyukkie lost his two front teeth. And.... Hyukkie looks ugly now." 
 

As soon little Hyukkie confessed all his fears, he started sobbing under the blanket uncontrollably. 
 

Donghae was extremely shocked with the innocent thoughts of little Hyukkie. His heart got clenched more when the chubby brunette sobbed painfully. And so in a reflex he pulled over the blanket off of the chubby brunette and took him in a embrace.

 

"Shhh!!!!.....Please don't cry Hyukkie baby." He cooed the crying small figure on his warm embrace. ”Hyukkie baby! Who said HaeHae will not like Hyukkie baby anymore? You know what, HaeHae will always like his Hyukkie baby even if he has no teeth at all. So, don't cry anymore, Please!!" 
 

The chubby brunette hide his face more on Donghae's chest; preventing it from being exposed to his HaeHae.

 

”Come on!! Hyukkie baby, look at HaeHae, please!" Donghae tried to pulled away little Hyukkie from the hug so he can face him but instead little Hyukkie protest shouting 'No!!!!"

 

"Okay then, HaeHae will go home now." Donghae faked a sad tone.

 

And those words were enough for little Hyukkie to reveal his face from the hiding. But then Donghae felt his chest burn when he was confront with a red swollen eyes with stream of tears. 
 

He immediately placed his palms on little Hyukkie's flushed cheeks and gently wiped those tears. "Hyukkie baby, please don't cry—can you do that for HaeHae?" Donghae cooed calmly. And the chubby brunette simply nodded his head.

 

Donghae smiled seeing little Hyukkie wiping his tears messily with his tiny little fingers. "Hmm...thats better. Now, give HaeHae a smile, Hyukkie baby." 
 

However, little Hyukkie instantly covered his mouth with his both hands and shook his head.

 

"Hey, don't do that. I bet you look more cute—and adorable than before. Come on, Hyukkie baby! Please smile." But nomatter what he said, little Hyukkie kept covering his mouth.

 

"Alright then, I know Hyukkie baby will smile when I show our secret." The chubby brunette's eyes turned big and focused his stare towards the elder in astoundment. 
 

The next second a big gummy smile was spread across the chubby brunette's face and was instantly reciprocated by an angelic smile.

 

”Woahhh!! Prince HaeHae looks so handsome with that strawberry pendant." The chubby brunette yelled in happiness after the said Prince flaunted the strawberry pendant he was wearing inside his flannel shirt.

 

"Thank you and Hyukkie baby looks too adorably cute even when missing the two front tooth." The chubby brunette was embarrassed because of such statement from his crush. His poor little heart hadn't expected to get complimented from his crush; when he lost those teeth earlier.

 

Meanwhile, Donghae was awed seeing the adorable shy little Hyukkie who was blushing hard.
 

At the same time, something was bothering him after talking with the chubby brunette's mother when he first arrived there as she had told him that little Hyukkie had in fact gone to his home but retuned back from the half way and since then little Hyukkie was sad.

 

But she hadn't told him that little Hyukkie has lost his two teeth and he only knew about that when little Hyukkie told him earlier. So, he has been wondering about why the chubby brunette retuned back home even before coming to his birthday party. And the only way to know that was to ask the chubby brunette.

 

"Hyukkie baby, your mom said you were coming to our house but then you returned back home from the midway. So, can you tell HaeHae why you didn't came to my birthday party?" Donghae asked the chubby brunette carefully in most possible soft tone.

 

The chubby brunette played with his own little fingers hesitantly. "Umm... I am sorry HaeHae, I didn't came to your birthday party." Fresh tears rolled down on his chubby cheeks. "Hey! It's alright." Donghae gently wiped off the tears.

 

"I was really really happy to go to your birthday party. So I was hopping and walking while eating an apple on the way to your house but fell down after tripping on my own feet. And..... my both loose teeth fell off."
 

Donghae felt sorry for the chubby brunette but thankful that nothing serious injury occurred besides the teeth falling.

 

The chubby brunette continued to share all the detailed story about not attending his Prince's birthday party. And after hearing everything Donghae hugged the chubby brunette and said that he still wants to celebrate his birthday with the chubby brunette. 
 

Little Hyukkie beamed happily and jumped on his bed like a crazy little kid. While Donghae laughed watching the chubby brunette. 

 

"Yay!! I am having sleepover at my Prince HaeHae's home." Little Hyukkie shouted happily with his both hands dancing up in the air; showing his gummy smile after his Prince asked his mom for a sleepover permission. And since there was no school tomorrow, she granted the permission easily.

 

And the three—Donghae, the chubby brunette and little Sungie had a group hug. "Let's party tonight, my babies!" Donghae shout out feeling content making all three of them laugh joyfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter