JOY

The artists and the winter

Who I am? I'm Joy of course, you can recognize me if you go to the Starfield COEX shopping center and look in all the cosmetic stores, there you will find my face, a few posters in the music stores and even several in the convenience stores because of course My face has been in various liquors and food products, I am, if you have not been clear, one of the best known faces of Korea today.

But apart from all that recognition, I am also Park Sooyoung, a woman who started training to be an idol at 14; Yes, the typical girl from a town mostly populated by older people who one day saw Brown Eyed Girls and did not want to take her eyes off the screen, she did not want to stop listening to his music and her dream of becoming a vet came in second place, she just wished she could feel the energy that people transmitted to them on stage. That's how it all started; take evening dance or music classes, save all my money during the school season so that every time it was vacation, I convince my parents to visit my uncles in Seoul and participate in the castings of different companies (of course, accompanied by my older cousins because my parents only believed that singing and dancing was just a hobby for me).

My first casting was at age 11, yes, it was horrible, I screwed it up, but you know what? I enjoyed it, I liked knowing that someone was looking at me, that someone was paying attention, I knew that I was missing a lot but the simple fact of recognizing that I was able to stand in front of them ... I knew that I would soon succeed. At the age of 14, it was when I finally managed to pass and be able to be part of an idol company, the company is the one I am still in and despite many ups and downs, it is a leader in its field, right?

After weeks of talking to my parents; crying and promises to never lower my grades at school and always follow the instructions of my teachers in the company, I was finally able to start and it was not easy ... More than 20 people were with me that day and I knew that probably nobody could even debut But it's me JOY! I could not stop for something as simple as the typical statistics.

 

At 17 I was the only one left of those people, all the other girls that were left had different years of training; 3 girls who were 2 years before me, one girl one year and the others entered after me, 9 in total. My group of evaluations consisted of 4 people; Umji, the maknae of the group, Ji U as the leader, Seulgi the oldest but the most tender and close to all. We were as a team for a year and we knew each other perfectly although the closest to me was always Seulgi and that even caused discomfort among other trainings, Seoul, our bear, was tender with a contagious smile, soft words but with incredibly coordinated and sharp dance movements, beating a lot of male trainies, the truth is… since I saw her the first time I did not stop blushing and that time from summer camp when we tried some alcohol on the sly and then kisWHAT AM I SAYING? This is MY success story so well, finally, after so many months the day came; My group of 4 girls received the great news; "Because of their skills and presence as a group, they have been selected for the debut of the next girl group in the company, their debut date is not defined but it is sought to be in 8 months, approximately in the middle of the year"

I couldn't handle my nerves, I couldn't stop practicing so I had to suspend school and just focus on polishing myself for my long-awaited debut, this didn't please my parents but hey, I'll have time to study once I'm an idol.

It was 7 months of work when we were finally able to debut, who would say that despite our efforts we could only be together for the first 7 years of the contract? Umji my little one, she wanted to excel in acting and I will not deny that I am part of her fan club and I have never missed her dramas, Ji U, our leader, she could not with the pressure of believing that we would not renew for her " horrible "leadership and decided to participate in several variety shows to later focus on music production, Seulgi focused on dancing and singing as a solo Idol and occasionally listened to her comebacks and saw her in shows since unfortunately she decided to leave the company and start in a much smaller one but they support it 100% in their decisions and I, well, obviously I was not going to be left behind, I wanted Korea to never forget my face so I started being hired in CF from the third year of my professional life and little by little I was able to climb different brands to such an extent that my face has been seen at least once in some type of product (well, almost all). Yes, mom and dad were doing very well ... pity they couldn't see me succeed like now, mom left us in the fourth year and my father, unable to with the pain of losing her, joined her a few months later ... I honestly believed that My world would also end but, as in every important moment of my life, being firm as an oak, there was Joohyun, my older sister and I know that I have not mentioned her before but she is like that, a being who takes care of you from the shadows and smiles warmly at you while you sleep and makes sure you are not cold.

But hey, enough, since I have more important things to do than telling you the sad part of my story, one of them is to continue creating my own path to success.

While I mentioned being the face of Korea today, don't think I'm just a pretty face, I also focused on my singing and dancing and was able to debut as a soloist shortly before my group disintegrated, it's hard to be on stage and feeling lonely but in the end, no one stays by your side all your life ...

 

Scandals? Only those that my crazy antifans add to me; a list of boyfriends that is even real, who would go around with their "oppas" all egocentrics and annoying that they just send you stupid little notes to your waiting rooms in shows almost demanding to see you? Ughh, men. Don't worry, I don't even have time to think about that nonsense, honestly ... I've never had enough time to meet someone, there were managers who tried to get close, some traineers, idols from the same company and even dancers but, something was missing , I don't know if time or interest but something was missing, if it wasn't because something of me at some point jerked when seeing ... seeing her, I could believe that she was dead inside.

But hey, this is my story, this is me and I think there are no doubts, right? Well, we'll see you because oh my, I have a meeting at the company, apparently I will be making a comeback soon, it has been 5 months since the last time I received a new song, winter is coming so I am almost sure it will be some ballad, with how difficult it is to sing about love when I haven't even been able to lovENOUGH! Ok, I'm going in, see you!

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's our Joy! finally we can met her.

Opinions? Pls put on the comments :D

Thanks for your time.

Sorry for all the mistakes, >.< English is'nt my first language.