Wake up

The 7

 

I wrote this a while ago, I'm so sorry if I can't find inspiration and don't update it for a while.

----------------------------------

 

Snap

“Ah-!!” Seulgi woke up with a scream and sat up.

She was laying on the ground of a white tiled room with a dark brown wood door.

“Where-...?” Seulgi was going to ask something, but she couldn’t remember what it had been. The vague feeling of, maybe longing and an overwhelming anxiety of…

‘What’s the word...abandonment?’

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked around.

Buzz

“Ar--e! Hell-fvv-Seul-vvrr-”

Seulgi heard incoherent sounds with static, sounding like they were coming from a speaker.

She stood up and wearily approached a small camera she’d spotted in the corner of the room.

She examined the camera, and got startled when she heard another voice, this time clearer.

“Number 04. What do you remember?”

“I- is that me?” She asks confusedly as she looks around.

A sigh was heard, “Yes. Now, do you remember your mission?”

“Mission?” Seulgi asked as she trailed her finger against one of the spaces between two of the large white tiles.

It was silent for a few moments before there was a click and her door opened, “Get your portions for today, and come back. Don’t socialize.”

“I-” Before she could say anything the lights in the room went off and the only light was from the other side of the doorframe.

She hesitantly stepped out of the room and looked both ways. The walls were white, and Seulgi only then noticed she was barefoot as she got stabbed in her right foot by something on the ground.

The floor white tiled once again, but these ones were even larger and were completely flat. 

She picked up her foot and saw a strange ring sitting on the ground.

She bent down and examined it closely.

It felt familiar.

Really familiar.

Like somehow she knew it was important.

Seulgi looked towards her right down the hallway where she could hear some muffled shouting in the distance. 

She stood up and tried to decide where to go.

The shouting had stopped.

There was light coming from after the turn in that direction, but the corner itself was dim.

Something was off about it, and Seulgi couldn’t take her eyes off it.

Her eyes went to the crown at the top of the wall and the light dimmed everywhere while Seulgi could swear there was a thin tear in a door-like shaped rectangle in the wallpaper.

She blinked and it was brighter again, and she couldn’t explain why she decided to go the other way.

There was a door farther along on the left side and one at the very end. On the right side before the end of the hall, there was a corner to turn to continue.

She was cautiously looking around when she saw how long the hallway was, and stopped when there was a faint rusted reddish brown stain on one of the tiles ahead of her.

She took a deep breath as she felt a feeling like her heart was stretching looking at it.

There was a memory of a silhouette and she could feel her want to wrap her arms around them.

She closed her eyes as got lost in the feeling. Almost like a memory, or a dream.