final

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here's your iced americano, ma'am. have a nice day~" Minjoo enthusiastically said and gave the drink to the customer.

It is a Tuesday afternoon at the Kim's café and Kim Minjoo is having a great day so far. not until, she felt a pain to her back part which she was hoping it would get better by just massaging by her bare hands. She just kept massaging it while she was working. Her co-worker, Hitomi, noticed it and made a concerned face to her.

"What's the matter, Minjoo?" Hitomi uttered and placed her hand to the shoulders of the older. Minjoo flinched at the sudden contact.

"It's just my back is aching a bit, but it's fine." Minjoo smiled and hiding the fact that her back is hurting so much and it's almost unbearable as the time's goes by.

"You don't look fine at all." Hitomi told Minjoo and still have that concerned face to her.

"No, just a few massages and it'll be okay."

They get back to work as soon as there's a customer ordering for their drink. Minjoo reached for a cup and placed it to the counter as she was preparing for it. Hitomi was observing Minjoo, thus she still has her doubt about it.

Their whole day of working went well, but Minjoo is still having problems with her back. She was stretching her body and released a heavy sigh. It's already 9 o'clock in the evening. The Cafe's already closed, and they were preparing themselves to leave.

As Minjoo was fetching a cab, Hitomi went to her side and said, "You've been working hard, Minjoo. Get yourself a rest at least once or just take care of yourself more."

"What do you mean?" Minjoo asked and glanced at Hitomi.

"As your friend, I am deeply concerned about your health. I never saw you get some rest! look at you... Are you even exercising?"

Minjoo averted her gaze from somewhere, somewhat doesn't seem to know how she can answer her question. She knows Hitomi well, she has been her friend since they were in high school. She cannot lie to her, even if she tries, Hitomi knows if she's saying the truth or not.

Minjoo looked down before saying no to her. Minjoo has just been busy these days and cannot do some workouts. By the look of Hitomi's face, she was disappointed, but not surprised since she saw how Minjoo been so exhausted these days. Hitomi face palmed herself.

After some more discussions or scolding from Hitomi, Minjoo would say. Finally, A taxi has arrived and waved to Hitomi goodbye as she gets in the vehicle. Minjoo then heard her phone dinged and opened a message from Hitomi.

"Have some thought about it, okay? or else you'll experience even more pain throughout your body. Good Night, Minjoo~"

" Yeah... Have a good night too, Hiichan~"

-----------

An alarm ringing woke Minjoo up from her sleep. Minjoo slowly opened her eyes, followed by a yawn that was escaping from . She reached for the alarm clock and turned it off. The girl stands up, stretched her arms, and scratched her eyes. Minjoo noticed that her back isn't as painful as yesterday. She went to her bathroom. While she was brushing her teeth. Minjoo suddenly thought of considering running around while the sun still down.

She then quickly dressed up, wearing an outfit that is suitable for working out which is a sports bra and a running short. She also wore sneakers then went outside.

Minjoo started jogging first for a minute before she increases her pace. She still must work in the afternoon. A quick running around her neighborhood wouldn't hurt, she thought.

Running became her routine in the morning, and it continued for a month. It was nice exercising, but Minjoo doesn't seem to be satisfied with just doing it again and again.

"Told you exercising would be helpful for you." Hitomi said while getting a donut, before giving it to the customer waiting.

"Yeah, I know, but I still easily get tired. I might buy something that could help me, maybe. I will go to a mall later." Minjoo frustratingly stated. She can only run for about 5 minutes and she's already tired.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I suggest you going to our gym. maybe we could help." a woman with a red hair smiled to them. she was their customer who was buying a donut.

"Right, Minjoo. Try it!!" Hitomi excitedly said.

"I don't have much time—"

"You could just be there for 30 minutes or so... it would be a great help for your body besides there's people who could help you~" the customer cut Minjoo off, but Minjoo doesn't mind that much. She's speaking like promoting her own gym, Minjoo thought.

"Oh... And I'm Kwon Eunbi~ The Gym I was talking about was just a few blocks away from here~" She added. Eunbi gave out her hand for a handshake. "Minjoo"
Minjoo shook Eunbi's hand and smiled before withdrawing her hand.


Minjoo would be lying if she says she isn't intrigued but going to a gym is her last option though. Minjoo disliked the thought of her seeing some men working up to build their muscles and showing it around girls just to impress them. And to mention their sweats around their body. It disgusts her to say at least.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll think about it first..."

"Here's the address and our contact number, if you changed your mind. might as well pay a visit~" Eunbi gave Minjoo a card.

It's been a week since that "promotion of the gym" by a customer of them. Minjoo hasn't still thought about it though. She laid in her bed and stared at the ceiling. Minjoo just came back to her house. She's never been this exhausted before, but after a whole bunch of customers came to their cafe. Minjoo's not complaining about it though.

Minjoo sat up. She scanned around her room. A shiny card caught her attention hanging from her apron. She approached it and reached for it. It is the business card from a certain gym.

IZ*GYM
+82 12 0012 XXXX

(대한민국)
서울특별시 종로구 사직로1길 10,
102동 204호
홍길동 귀하
40137

"Ay-zee gym? eez-gym? Why would they censor a letter?" Minjoo confusedly questioning the name of the gym. It took her a minute before she decided to sleep, not being able to know the answer.

‐------

Minjoo collected herself, anxious about what's about to happen when she opened that front door of the so-called 'eez-gym'. She's hesitating. There's a lot of thoughts in her mind. Luckily, A lady from before suddenly went out of the gym and greeted her. She visited the gym after her work’s done.

"Oh, hi~ So, you’ve decided, aren't you? come on in. Don't be shy~" Eunbi politely pulled Minjoo in the building.

"Welcome to IZ*GYM~" Eunbi stated to the latter, but she earned a gasp from Minjoo, which has her hand on with a shocked expression. Eunbi was confused at the reaction of the younger.

"Ayz-gym... So, that's the correct pronunciation." Minjoo face palmed herself and embarrassed. She's asking some people around where the gym is located and no wonder, she didn't get an answer from them. Minjoo has been saying the gym's name incorrectly, so she just showed the card. That's how she got there.

"What kind of membership do you want to apply? the membership fee is $20 for a single monthly membership and $19 for a 12-month membership. You'll also have to pay a $15 initiation fee when you first sign up~"

Minjoo thinks deeply and doesn't know what to choose. "I'll have that single monthly membership first." Minjoo paid for the fees that needed before she goes in for a stretch.

Minjoo honestly don't know what to do first. Fortunately for Minjoo, only two to three people are there and they're doing their own thing. So, Minjoo wanted to do some warmups on the corner since she's uncomfortable with people around her especially when she's only wearing a sports bra and shorts. She puts on air pods as well, listening to music while working out is nice.


She starts off by marching on the spot, it helps her to build some sweats. Minjoo kept doing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter