Chapter 3

Catch 22

The smell of grilled meat fills the whole place. Seungyoon is situated in a four person table near the door of their favorite barbeque restaurant. He poured himself a water to drink when Seunghoon arrived and sat in one of the empty chairs. Soon after, Mino and Jinu showed up and sat themselves to the remaining chairs. A waiter came up to them and served their lunch.

 

I ordered our food while waiting. 

 

Nice! As expected of our maknae! 

 

Mino and Jinu are quiet after the greetings when they arrived.

 

You two are too obvious. Hoony started the conversation while putting the meat on the grilling plates. 

 

Mino sighed. I should have........ I should have bought those tickets to Jeju. Damn! The tickets were on super sale right now! But we're stuck in this mission. Mino sighed once more.

 

True. Those tickets are mouth watering. I guess, I do miss the beach. Jinu sighed and commented.

 

The 2Seungs blinked twice in confusion. They are dumbfounded with what the couple had said. 

 

What did you say? Yoon asked.

 

The tickets Yoonie! Mino and I were researching earlier when we saw the ticket sale! But, like what he said, we can't go. The promotion is too short too. 

 

That's what you're worried about? Hoony asked in disbelief.

 

Uhhhhmmm, should we be worried about something else Seunghoon hyung?

 

Well, for starters, how about the new mission? Don't tell me you haven't read Hongduk hyung's email last night and just had rated 18 moments?

 

Jinu chuckled at Hoony's honest remarks. Of course we have read the email Seunghoonie.

 

Yeah. And don't you worry, I believe that we can do this quickly and without complications. The sooner the better! I hope we can make it before those promotions end. If you two want to tag along, I can treat your plane tickets! Mino beamed, suddenly in high spirits.

 

Heol! I should have slept soundly last night.

 

We were worried for nothing Hyung.

 

Worried? Mino put his elbow on the table and rest his head on his hands. He looked lovingly at the two. That is so sweet, Seunghoon hyung, Seungyoon ah! I really should treat you with those plane tickets! But only if they're still on sale!  

 

We've read the mission. Jinu smiled lovingly at the two. I know you guys are worried since this might spark Mino's past, but rest assured that that won't happen.

 

Jinu hyung is right. It's true that we are both surprised about the details of this mission but what happened to me was a long time ago. I guess, I've moved on? Mino shrugged. Plus, I have you three now especially Jinu hyung. Mino kissed Jinu's cheeks that tinted his lover's cheeks pink.

 

Why am I single? Hoony blurted out annoyed at the couple's lovey dovey antics. But I am glad seeing you unaffected with this. We were worried yesterday when we received the email. I know it's been a long time and you have a great support too Mino. We were just hoping that this won't trigger anything.

 

I even called Seunghoon hyung last night but I guess we were worried for nothing. Are you sure you'll be okay Mino? I also don't want this mission to fail as much as I don't want it to affect you in any way. 

 

Nah! Thank you for your worries. But like Seunghoon hyung said, I have great support. I admit that the moment we saw the email, I was kind of worried that I might complicate this mission but Jinu hyung assured me that I am okay, that I have him and I have you two. Also, he's in jail for a long time now. I don't think he is part of any of these. 

 

Your bastard coach when you were still an aspiring amateur MMA fighter? I'm actually surprised he's still alive. With all the cases against him, I thought he's sentenced to death. Yoon said coldly.

 

Yup. Even I am surprised. But to be honest, I don't care anymore. He did a bunch of unforgivable sins not only to me but also to other kids. He drugged me with steroids so I would win every competition. I was such a fool thinking those were vitamin injections. The effects of the drugs were slowly wearing out so don't worry about my health. But somehow, if it weren't for that, I won't be here and be part of this organization. I wouldn't have met you. 

 

The head doctor in the org is assuring me that Mino's health is optimum. You don't have to worry about his health nor his emotions. He is stable and him talking about his past, is a good indicator that he moved on. Jinu responded while holding Mino's hand. He is proud of his boyfriend. 

 

That's good to hear Mino. We haven't talked about these kind of things in a while. Besides, you're right. We are all here and our teamwork is undefeatable.  So, Jinu hyung any plans so far? 

 

I was trying to devise a plan that is quick and solid, old school style. We have to assume that this Minsoo Shin guy knows what's up. We have to be careful if that's the case. He might have put extra security. Assuming all these, we have to grab that info in a blink of an eye during which they are less suspecting. I am planning not throwing any of us in there for suspicion. We need to get into the company in one day within the shortest amount of time, hack the info, and leave asap. No s, just straight for the gold. 

 

Hmmmmm. As much as I like acting, this sounds like it's the only possible way to get away with this cleanly. Good thing the new recruits already grabbed the basic infos in and out of the company. We just have to search for the info and get on our way. Yoon commented.

 

Okay then, let's do this! All hands in! 1,2,3....

 

Fighting! 

 

The four proceeded with their lunch. From a different table, a man was watching them intently. The man's phone ring. Yes boss, as expected, they are here.