Chapter One

Ariel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Oh come on, Sunny! Aren't we too old for this place?" I whined as Sunny dragged me into the line to buy the tickets. We were in Busan, having our rest day after our work finished yesterday.

 

"It's not that often we can get to visit this place. You should enjoy this. I heard this place is famous" Sunny said.

 

"It's just a group of weird fishes living here. What's so fun about it?" I rolled my eyes.

 

"And that's the fun. You can see many weird fishes!"

 

I sighed in defeat. But once we got inside the aquarium, I admit I was stunned by the huge ocean-blue tank in front of me and the chlorine like smell in the aquarium felt refreshing and clean. And Sunny and I keep walking around the place, watching every living creature inside the big tank.

 

"Cool, they even have a mermaid show later in here" Sunny read the pamphlet she took at the entrance just now.

 

"When?" I asked as we walked into the aquarium tunnel to reach at the biggest tank section in this place. And then the sound of laughter from the visitors inside the aquarium welcoming us once we were out from the tunnel. They were gathered in front of the biggest tank.

 

"Well, it was about to start,'' Sunny pulled me into the empty seat where we could see the tank clearly and It was so near to the glass tank. Everyone was clapping as soon as they saw two mermaids swimming inside the tank.

 

And when one of them was swimming closer to the glass, my whole world slowed down. Inside the tank, I see her, as my eyes lays on the most beautiful girl I've seen. That perfect crimson hair that waved above her shoulder inside the water and her perfect body. I gulped at the sight. My heart was pounding faster and it became worse when our eyes met. Everything was moving so slow like in a movie as if we are the only person inside here.

 

"Ariel..." I mumbled alone

 

"Yo Tae!" Sunny patted my shoulder, causing me to stop daydreaming.

 

"Wh-what?" I turned to sunny

 

"You are so immersed with the show. Do you really like the show?"

 

I cleared my throat "N-no. I was thinking something" I gave an excuse. We focus back on the show realizing my eyes never leave her until the show finished.

.

.

.

Gift shop

 

"What should I get for my nephew?" We’re looking around the gift shop because sunny wanna buy a gift for her nephew

 

"Anything is fine, here" I took an Olaf plush doll on the rack and gave her. "Your nephew like Olaf isn't?"

 

"Good idea. I'll take it" Sunny said before she's leaving me to another section. My eyes wandered around the rack again and one of these big plush dolls caught my attention.

 

.

.

.

 

Once we arrived at our hotel room, I slumped on my bed along with the big plush doll I bought beside me and sighed tiredly.

 

"What with that Ariel plush doll?" Sunny placed her things on the table.

 

"What?" I asked back

 

"I thought you don't like kids stuff" She took out her makeup remover and set up on the table

 

I caressed the plush doll face slowly, looking at its static smiling face

 

"Just because..." I said in slow tone

 

I stopped myself from caressing it. Weird, why did I buy this? And my mind flashed to the show just now. I couldn't stop thinking about Ariel. I decided to call her Ariel and it fits her well. Like the character of Disney princess, the little mermaid Ariel.

 

*thump...

*thump...

*thump...

 

And here this weird heart beating faster again.

 

"Sunkyu ah..." I call my best friend with slow tone, eyes still on the Ariel plush doll.

 

"What?" Sunny turned around to see me

 

"What's wrong with me?..." I asked her

 

"What's wrong with you what?" Sunny asked back

 

"Nothing..." I decided to close my eyes, trying to get rid of Ariel's face from my mind.

 

"You're acting weird, Kim Taeyeon"

 

Did I just fall in love at first sight?

 

.

.

.

 

"Kim Taeyeon! What are you thinking? Our train is going to be one hours from now. Where are you right now!?" Sunny yelled through the phone.

 

"Geez, no need to yell Sunkyu. I know, I know. I'll arrive there before the train, I promise"

 

"At least tell me where you are right now?"

 

"Uhmm Busan Aquarium? Again?"

 

"What! What are you doing right there?!" Taeyeon had to rub her ear as Sunny shouted again. She was sitting on the bench outside the entrance of the place with the Ariel plush doll in her arms. There weren't many visitors at the place right now since the place has closed already in half an hour. Today, she went again to the Aquarium just for one purpose, to see Ariel before she goes back to Seoul tonight. She chose the seat that was not far from the tank so that she can see Ariel.

 

The place was closed at 7 P.M and Taeyeon received the information from the staff that usually they will clock out at 7.30 P.M and she decided to wait outside the place, trying her luck to meet Ariel.

 

Taeyeon glanced at her watch before answering to Sunny.

 

"Nothing, I'm just taking a walk around here. You know this place is near the beach" Taeyeon lied.

 

"Fine, just make sure you arrive here before the time or else, you will go home alone, Kim Taeyeon"

 

"Okay, okay I got it. See ya" Taeyeon said before she hung up on her friend.

 

It was 7.45 P.M right now and she had been waiting for 1 hour outside. Taeyeon rubbed her hand to ease the coldness as the weather today is a bit cold.

 

Taeyeon only left 45 minutes before her train arrived and it was going to take half an hour to go to the train station from here. She knew she had to go now if she wanted to arrive on time. Taeyeon stood up, feeling disappointed.

 

"Well, I was lucky enough to see her at the show again" She tried to be positive before turning around and walking away from the place.

 

Suddenly her ears caught a sweet voice from her behind. She turned and her eyes went round as she saw the girl, waving a goodbye to her friends before they were split up to different direction and

 

That’s her! Ariel!

 

Taeyeon was stunned when Ariel walked past her.

 

"W-wait!" Taeyeon shouted and the girl turned, seeing Taeyeon walked faster to her. Taeyeon stop right in front the girl

 

"Yes?" The girl asked

 

Taeyeon's mind went blank and no words came out from her.

 

"Miss? Are you okay?" The girl ask when Taeyeon didn't say anything

 

"A-ariel..."

 

"Huh?" The girl looks at her with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter