Stars in The Sky

Stars in The Sky

Take back my heart, take back my soul, don't let me cry

Say my confession

There will always be buttons for parallel love, giving reasons for love at the moment

Cause I love you

 

---

 

A group of poeple cheered and shout as a car passed by. They hade red hats on their heads, red banners, and some of them has cameras. This group of people are called Sunstars, a fanbase for an idol named Sunnee Yang.

 

Over the past years, before, during, and after the disbandment of Rocket Girls, the loyal Sunstars stayed, accompanying the said idol. Her face was always seen on billboards, commercials, and dramas, her songs are also known. Now, it's been 15 years since she became an idol, from 2011 until today, she is now 28 years old.

 

Getting off the car, Sunnee and her manager walked into the large crowd of her fans. She smiled at them, waved and bowed lightly multiple times. It has been her habit since she grew up, even if she's an idol now. Her Sunstars greeted her and some took pictures of her.

 

As they got inside the hotel, her manager sighed in relief. "I thought I'm going to die there.", she said. "Why? You are my manager. You should get used getting surrounded by them", she said. "Their voices are pretty loud as well.", her manager said. "You are a Sunstar yourself, Ms. Lei.", Sunnee said.

 

"I am a Sunstar, but I don't shout at you like that.", Ms. Lei said as she pouted. They got in the elevator and waited. When they got out, they immediately went in Sunnee's room. "Aiyo, what a tiring day.", Sunnee said as she sat on the couch.

 

"Tomorrow is a special day, you don't have work to do.", Ms. Lei reminded her. "You do know that I love my work.", Sunnee said. "For 15 years, you've worked hard enough. I think it's time for you to have a day off just at least once, and I chose tomorrow.", Ms. Lei said as she looked at Sunnee's schedule.

 

"Aw, my Sunstar really cares for me. Alright, if you insist.",  Sunnee said. She closed her eyes and took an afternoon nap.

 

---

 

"Thank you!"

 

A fan smiled and bowed to a male idol and left, holding an album of the said male idol. He smiled back at her and sighed. "That's the last one. Your fan meeting is over now.", his manager said. He got up from his seat ans walked to the backstage - to his dressing room. "Please free my schedule tomorrow. I have some important things to do.", he said. "Yes, Xiong laoshi.", his manager said. Dylan sighed and went to his make up chair.

 

He opened his phone, revealing his wallpaper - it was a picture of him with a certain short blonde haired girl. Dylan smiled upon seeing it. He opened his Weibo and explored the super topics, and stopped when he discovered something that caught his attention.

 

It was a SpeXial super topic, a group that he was once a member of it. He clicked to see a bunch of old selfies and group pictures. It's been so long since the group was last active. He often forgot that he was a member of it when they are still active, due to his solo schedule and projects in Mainland.

 

Dylan does have a lot of projects for the past 10 years since his career started. Other than having dramas, solo albums, he also got a movie that is quite known around the world. He is proud of what he has achieved in his life, but something is still missing, and he knows what it is.

 

"Tomorrow, it will be a special day.", he said as he smiled to himself.

 

---

 

The next day. September 28, 2025

 

"Nee, I'm sorry to say that you have a sudden meeting today.", Ms. Leo said as she entered Sunnee's bedroom. She found the said idol laying on her bed. Sunnee smiled at her. "What's there to be sorry about? I love my work.", she said. "Then I'll leave now so you could get ready.", Ms. Lei said and left the room.

 

One hour later.

 

Sunnee and Ms. Lei got inside an empty restaurant, only the workers are there. She looked at her manager with a confused face. "Why is the place empty?", she asked. "The one who asked for a meeting probably booked the the place.", Ms. Lei said.

 

Sunnee sat at one of the empty seats of the restaurant, looking confused. "I'm sorry Sunnee, but I was told that I'm not allowed to stay with you on the meeting. I'll just wait for you at the car.", Ms. Lei said. Before Sunnee could say anything, her manager smiled at her. "Happy 29th birthday, our little ray of sunshine.", she said, then left.

 

"She's acting weird.", Sunnee thought as she looked at her leave, giving suspicous look. She sighed and looked through her phone as she waited for the person to arrive. "Is this a scam or what? Why would that person book a restaurant for a meeting, for goodness sake?", she thought. Minutes passed by, and she was getting anxious.

 

Then she heard a music playing, the workers just played a love song, when a person she wasn't expecting showed up. "Happy 29th birthday, My Dearest Sunshine.", Dylan said with a smile. He had a bouquet of sunflowers in his hand.

 

Sunnee smiled happily upon seeing him. "Dylan!", she happily exclaimed. She got up from her seat and hugged him after she took the bouquet. "I miss you so much.", she added. He smiled and hugged her back. "I miss you too.", he said. She then looked at him, smiling. "So you're the one who set this 'meeting' up?", she asked. "Ah, it looks like I've been found out.", he said.

 

Dylan then guided her to her seat and sat across from her. "Did you planned this?", Sunnee asked. "I did. It's been a long time since we've last dated.", he said. "Our work is keeping us busy.", she said to him. "Yeah, but I'm glad that we are able to have a date now.", he said.

 

Sunnee smiled at him. "I thought you'll forget whag day today is.", she said. "How can I forget my girlfriend's birthday?", he said. "I, Dylan Xiong, will never ever forget Ms. Sunnee Yang's birthday. What kind of boyfriend would I be then?", he added proudly. That made her giggle and have a small blush on her cheeks.

 

A waiter arrived at their table. Dylan took something out of his pocket and gave it. "These are our orders, my manager already payed for all of them.", he said. The waiter nodded his head and left. Dylan looked back to Sunnee, only to find her looking at him with her jaw dropped. "What?", he asked. "You are filthy rich.", she commented, making him chuckle.

 

"I did that so no one would disturb us.", he said as he looked at her. "And I ordered all your favorite foods here.", he added. "Did you missed me that much that you have to do that?", she asked. He nodded his head. "I always think of you every second of my life. Yes, I missed you that much.", he admitted. "I'm here now, no need to think about me.", she said.

 

"I'm just annoyed at the fact that whenever that we go to the same event when you were still in Rocket Girls, we never got a chance to talk to each other. We would just pass by, smiling at each other, then our attention will be at work.", Dylan ranted.

 

"I am annoyed as well. But I'm glad that we did have a moment on Super Nova Games last 2018.", Sunnee said. "You even gave me a drink, and it's my favorite drink too. You even told them that I have good skin and called me 'Your Sunnee' when I was playing tug-of-war.", she added.

 

Dylan smiled at her and held her hand that was placed on the table. "What can I say? I'm head over heels for you since 2016.", he said. Hearing his words, Sunnee did blushed again. "I am that in love with you. Watching you debut live, download all the songs that you sung, watch your dramas, advertisments, and reality shows, are the ways that I can show my love and support for you.", he said.

 

Sunnee giggled at him as the blush on her cheeks were now visible to him. "Aiyo, it's been three years since we started dating but you're still a sweet talker.", she said. Dylan looked at her and squeezed her hand. "I think it's time to make up for those missed chances that we had, and to tell the world how I feel for you.", he said. She looked at him confused as he made her stand up.

 

Dylan then went in front of her and knelt, taking a small box out of his pocket. He opened the small box, inside it was a beautiful ring. Sunnee's eyes widened at this as she stared down at him.

 

"Sunnee Yang Yun Qing, my best buddy and my childhood sweetheart, I know that I met you with that name. But I fell in love with you for being you, as Kewalin Boonsattha. You showed me how great and beautiful the world is, how there are more unique places in this world. Whenever we're apart, I never felt that I'm alone, because I have you in my heart. I know that you love your family with all your heart, and I've been thinking that I wanted to be a part of your family. Loving you was the best choice that I ever made in my life. Ms. Kewalin Boonsattha, will you accept my confession, and let me be a part of you family and life? Will you marry me?", he confessed.

 

Sunnee teared up, looking at him. Dylan was looking up to her, and it made her heart neat in a rapid speed. She never really thought that she will get a boyfriend, engage, and married someday, because of her boyish image, but Dylan proved her wrong.

 

"I... Yes!", Sunnee finally said as she smiled at him, making her tears fall. Dylan did smile as he placed the ring on her left ring finger and stood up. He placed his hands on her cheeks and his thumb wiped her tears, and his hands held her cheeks. "Don't cry. You should be happy that you're going to be Mrs. Xiong soon.", he said.

 

Sunnee giggled at that, she can only show her loving girly side to him. "I can't help it. I have a handsome soon-to-be husband.", she said. He kissed her forehead and hugged her. "Our food is late, are we going to eat or what?", she asked. "Our food is coming soon, Wifey.", he said.

 

Sunnee pulled out from their hug and placed her arms around his shoulders and neck. "I can't wait for my family to meet their soon-to-be son-in-law and brother-in-law.", she said. Dylan placed his hands on her waist. "I can't wait to be yours forever.", he said. He placed his lips on hers, as their eyes closed in bliss.