{Prologue} ~ First Impressions

Royal Rivals

Sounds of horns can be heard in the distance.

 

Princess Shuhua squints her eyes open and raises herself from her bed to find that the sun has come up and morning is here.

 

It wasn't just any morning, however.

 

It was a morning she had been dreading for days now.

 

Today was the morning that she was arranged to meet Princess Soojin of Nevaria.

 

Why was she dreading it you may ask? Well, it definitely had nothing to do with physical attraction. Princess Soojin is known to be the most beautiful Nevarian royal after all.

 

The problem here was that Princess Shuhua hated the idea of an arranged marriage in general.

 

She doesn't know Princess Soojin and for all she knows she could have an awful personality, or maybe that spark she was longing to feel with the love of her life would never come to fruition.

 

I mean, every girl's dream is to have that perfect moment when you kiss and ever so gently your foot swoops back up just like in the fairytales, so what if Princess Soojin couldn't give her that?

 

Shuhua shakes the thoughts from her head. Surely she was just overthinking things. Maybe Princess Soojin is the one after all. She refused to let her thoughts push away the possibility of this working out. After all, this needs to work out or she won't be able to take the throne as Queen of Cubenovia.

 

She hears a knock on her room door. "Your majesty, we have been sent to prepare you for the arrival of the princess. May we please enter?"

 

That must be the maids, Shuhua reasoned. She groaned into her pillow before getting out of bed. She straightened out her pyjamas then shouted "Alright, you can come in now!"

 

The maids opened the door and greeted Shuhua with their usual warm smiles. They rushed to get her ready in time, frankly with the state she was in, that could take a while.

 

Once she was all dressed up, she went downstairs to assumingly meet the princess she was destined to wed.

 

She notices a woman standing there, absolutely beautiful, soft features, and a cunning smile. “This must be her”, she thought; surely this is the well renowned Princess Soojin.

 

Well.. she was right about one thing. She was indeed about to meet a beautiful princess, but this was not the Princess of Nevaria. It looks like the maids forgot to inform Princess Shuhua that an unexpected visitor had arrived, Princess Miyeon of the Cho royal family.

 

If only someone told her before she- well.. too late.