Umbrella

I Fell in Love With a Stranger

 

"Umbrella"

 

"You're a Kwon, Jiyong. You have to follow the trend in our family and it's not acceptable-"

"Not acceptable if I chose to be a composer ang singer instead of being a business-minded freak?" I finished the sentence for my father. It has always been like this, you have to follow him, whatever he says and orders. Do I look like a robot?

"I'm glad you know," he said and faced me. "You are my only son Jiyong, you will be my heir someday and I need your cooperation!"

"What about TOP-hyung? Dami-noona? Aren't they your children?" I asked. I'm the youngest in the Kwon Siblings yet he's putting up the biggest pressure in me.

"They are! but they don't deserve the spot Jiyong."

"Why?"

"Your brother is focused only on girls and your sister is too soft to be in this battle. I need you," he said and pleaded.

"I... don't know."

"I'll give you until today to decide, it's either you accept and I support or you decline and I'll reject you," he said and told me to leave.

 

 

So here I am, walking alone in the streets of Seoul thinking on this crucial decision. I badly need to beat someone but will it change the fact that at the end of the day, I am still to decide?

I'm putting up the loneliest face in the world and I deserve an award.

I'm not a martyr or saint to be so good and obedient to my father! I have my own life too...

And so the settings seems to agree with my feelings when it started to rain, rain don't go away. I want to cry as being a composer and singer is my greatest dream but so many are a hindrance to it. I don't want to see someone while I'm crying.

 

 

I saw a happy family who managed to be in an umbrella. The father is getting wet yet he still did not mind it and continued to shield his family. I envy them.

I envy the lovers who are sweetly sharing the umbrella and made their own moment.

I envy the old couple who slowly walked with an umbrella through the rain.

I envy everyone who is capable of making their dreams come true.

Will someone envy me too?

 

I stayed in the bench drenched with rain. I did not care for it made me feel like the rain is hugging me during this pain.

I saw the rain continuously falling but I'm not getting wet anymore. Has anyone decided to share an umbrella with me? And I was right, I saw the most beautiful girl in a fairy costume sharing the umbrella with me, "Hi stranger. Mind if I choose to share this umbrella with you?"

I said, "Just leave me alone miss," she is a stranger so I should not waste my time anymore, "Just go find others who need your umbrella."

"Hey stranger don't be bad! I'm a fairy so you should listen to me okay?" was she commanding me? I looked and marvelled at her beauty when she said, "I was observing you for the past fifteen minutes. I kind of like how stiff your expression was even if it's getting cold," she added a smile and sat beside me.

"What are you talking about miss?"

"You know what, I know you have problems but I have more than what you have. Each of us living in this world has a mission to fulfill but we are always tested by problems so it's hard. Very hard. I have to support my brother and take care of my mother. I want to be a chef but I have to let my brother finish first. I need to sell this burgers but since it's raining, I have to wait. You know, we all have problems but we should be thankful at the end of each day that we are still alive. We should be thankful that we aren't paralyzed. We should be thankful because we are blessed. It's okay to cry..." she said and inspired me with her words.

"You are right miss. But should I follow what my father says?"

"Hmmm, for me, yes. Parents know what's best for us. If you don't like what he likes for you, think again. There are somethings which are not supposed yet to happen if someone is against it. Do the thing you love most when the odds are broken. When everything is at the right timing," I love her now. I mean, how can she speak like that?

"I guess you're right miss. Things that are for you comes at the right moment."

"I have a quote for you!" she said and smiled, "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."

I'll take that as the quote of my life. Thanks Miss Stranger.

"Here, you can have this free burger! Thanks for being good to me Mister Stranger!"

"I should thank you, thanks, really," I said and accepted the burger.

She smiled sweetly.

I was about to ask her name when...

 

"Hey! I was very worried for you, come on and ride already!" I guess that's his boyfriend. How sweet, she is indeed very lucky. Guess this will be our last meeting.

"Hey Jae! I mean Boss Jae! I'm perfectly fine but thanks anyways!" she said and faced me, "I hope you'll listen to my advice mister stranger! That umbrella will be yours as our symbol of friendship okay? I have to go, bye!"

I smiled and nodded at what she said.

"Bye stranger."

 

 

I'll be a composer and singer someday. That someday is not right now but I will make it happen at the right time.

"Young master you are so drenched!"

"Where's appa?" I asked.

"At his office sir but you have to change first."

"I'll do that after talking to him."

 

"Son, what happened?"

"Appa, I've decided. I'll take your offer in one condition," I said with full determination.

"I'll listen Jiyong."

"You'll only control me this one time because I believe you are giving me a good future but it'll only be this time. On some matters, I have to decide."

"I like that. I'm taking it."

"Thanks."

"I'm glad you have grown up in a mature way Jiyong."

"Thanks to a stranger," I murmured.

"What?"

"Thanks for accepting."

"We'll meet again someday miss stranger with this umbrella."

 

.......................................

 

"Dara, who was that you are talking to awhile ago?" Boss Jaejoong asked.

"A stranger, a unique kind of stranger," and for the whole time we were talking, he looked handsome, really. Yeee! "A stranger?"

"Yes boss! S T R A N G E R. Well, how did you know I was there?"

"Boss instincts Dara," he said and turned his expression into a serious one, "I have a news," he said.

"I'm ready, I'm ready!" I happily cheered. I believe that everytime Jaejoong says he has a news it's a good one. He has been my boss for the past three months and I'm happy with that. Though at time he is so strict and perfectionist, I know it's for a reason that he wants us, his employees to improve and achieve.

"I've got a scholarship for you! You can be a chef now with this!" he happily said.

I stopped. Blinked. Deciphered the idea. "REALLLLY?!" I screamed.

"Yes!"

"Yeah! Oh my, thanks boss!" I happily thanked him while kicking.

"No problem Dara. You're really a hardworking girl and you deserve this," he said while handing me the paper that says, This scholarship is granted to Sandara Park. Course: Culinary.

"AAaaggh!"

I screamed and screamed. I guess the stranger I met awhile ago is my lucky charm. "Thanks and see you next time Lucky Stranger!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, first chap!

Please comment and subscribe!

Please do tell your thoughts!

Spread the love and joy!

:) SMILE!