appa, bogoshipeoyo

appa, bogoshipeoyo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notice: This is set in a universe where Mi Young is not a child, but a teenager.

__________________________________________________________

 

As soon as Bopil PD called for a quick break from shooting, Jong Kook immediately felt the tension in his shoulders leave his body as he visibly deflated in relief.

 

Break time meant he no longer had to pretend, there were no more cameras focusing on him and his reactions, which he’s terrified would show his real feelings. It was a time for freedom, to freely be himself and not be scared of slipping up. He admits that it is difficult to always keep up a pretense, but if it meant that it would protect his family, then he’d do it a hundred times over.

 

Ji Hyo got up from her seat at the edge of their set-up and walked over to him, sitting down on the empty chair beside him that was previously occupied by So Min.

 

“Oppa, are you okay?” she reached a hand out and patted his back comfortingly.

 

“Just surprised,” he turned to look at her and flash her a smile. “That prank Mi Young pulled almost gave me a heart attack.”

 

Ji Hyo burst out laughing. “Yah, oppa, I swear, I had no idea she was going to do that,” she said in between laughs.

 

“You sure she didn’t mention anything when you last called her?” Jong Kook narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously, which only prompted Ji Hyo to laugh even harder.

 

“Yeah, okay,” she admitted once she finally calmed down, “she may have mentioned something related to it, but I honestly didn’t know she was going to send in that message. Jinjja, oppa.”

 

“That daughter of ours is going to be the death of me,” he sighed and slung an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him. He reached behind him to pull his belt bag to the front and took out his phone. “Why don’t we give her a call, mhmm?”

 

He quickly pressed on the speed dial for Mi Young’s number, uncaring that this will probably rack up a couple hundred of dollars since it will be an international call. After a few rings, the call finally picked up.

 

“Annyeong, appa!” Mi Young’s voice reverberated through the small speakers. “Why are you calling me when it’s — around the afternoon there in Korea, don’t you have Running Man filming today?”

 

Jong Kook ignored her greeting and went straight to the point, “Yah, Mi Young-ie! You —“

 

Mi Young suddenly laughed out loud, “Appa, you finally got my message?”

 

“Yes, I did! And I almost got a heart attack because of it. Remind your ageing father what you’re going to do before doing it next time, okay?”

 

Ji Hyo speaks up after him. “Yah, ddal-ah, don’t you miss your eomma too?” she tutted in mock annoyance.

 

“Ah, eomma! I was going to include you in it too, but I don’t think Bopil-ssi would appreciate having to cut out that funny segment.”

 

“Excuses, excuses, Kim Mi Young,” Ji Hyo tsked, but not before a giggle escaped her lips.

 

“But eomma, imagine how much scandalizing it would have been if I said ‘Ji Hyo eomma, Jong Kook appa, bogoshipeoyo!’ instead? Ah, it would’ve been such a press masterpiece!”

 

Beside Ji Hyo, Jong Kook’s eyes widened in shock at Mi Young’s comment. “What do you mean press masterpiece? Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter