Familiar

Always, have been and will forever be.

" Go. Just go, Sejeong.. " the woman gasped, tears rolling down uncontrollably as she lay sprawled on the floor. She could only stare at her in shock and tears, too, spilling down her face. " Eom-- Eomma?! Do-don't go! N-No! I still can do something-- I have to do something! " 

The woman shook her head, giving a gentle smile as she reached her hand out to caress the girl's face, " There's nothing left to be done, dear.. Your aunt will take care of you.. " 

" It's okay. "

2nd Jan 10:23:37AM at Le Cafe

These were not happy thoughts. All she could think of now were prayers for her mother. Eomma... I hope you're in a better place. Sejeong opened her eyes, seeing how red her hand was from clenching them too hard.

" Sejeong ah, are you okay? " The voice of her best friend snapped her back to reality. She blinked, realising her presence. Inhaling a deep breath, she smiled at Hana, " Yeah. Did you get them? " Sejeong locked her phone screen before shoving it into her pocket. 

As if knowing what she had on her mind, Hana gave a small smile, placing their drinks respectively on the table. " I might not know how much it hurts for you, " she reached out, holding Sejeong's hands firmly in hers, " But, I'm sure she's in a better place. Whatever happened, karma goes around. He'll get what he deserves. "

The girl returned a smile, feeling slightly better. " Thanks, Hana. You're the best. " She unwrapped the plastic straw, immediately poking it in and bringing the straw to , sipping it as she continued to observe the boys referred to as EXO. Now that she's looking at them properly, she notices that the boys are pretty good looking. Thinking back about that one who caught her eye, she moves her gaze to him.

She didn't mean to stare but the more she did, the more she got absorbed in his appearance. That is, until he turned his head met her eyes. A tingling electricity shock jolted through her body, making her quickly look away from him. She thought he wouldn't realise or care if she was staring because he wasn't even looking at the girls around him.

Sejeong could feel the heat coming to her face as she went quiet and sipped on her iced coffee. Hana noticed how suddenly quiet she was and looked at her, wondering what happened. " Sejeong ah? "

She was too absorbed in her thoughts to even hear her. She did not know what came in her to steal another glance at him, but she regretted it immediately after seeing him flash a small smirk before looking away. Did he just- she widened her eyes, now lost for words. Hana took a look at what she was staring at and saw the boy Sejeong pointed out earlier.

Sejeong fidgeted in her seat, uncomfortable at the thought of her heart being played by a stranger. She turned to see Hana smiling mischievously at her. "What?"

"I saw that. Thought you weren't interested in them." She chuckled, shaking her head at her best friend.

Sejeong widened her eyes, "I am not! Well, not as interested as you are looking at that boy." she gestured with to the direction of the boy she snorted at earlier.

Hana giggles, "I mean, he's good at a lot of stuff. He's tall, has a baby face but a deep voice, sings well, raps well, I think he also dances with the others. He's great..." she heaves a happy sigh.

Standing up, she picks up her cup of Americano, " Well, too bad. We're going shopping today so you won't see him for a while. " she grabs her hand, dragging her out of the cafe.

As she was dragging her best friend away, she quickly glanced to the boy's face again only to see him staring at her with a small smile playing on his lips. Surprised again, she sped out of the cafe while dragging Hana along. " Woah, chill a little! Did he make your heart beat so fast you decided to run away? " She says once the two of them were walking away from the cafe.

" Wh-Who's making my heart beat so fast?! " Sejeong frowned, smacking her best friend's shoulder. Hana chuckled, shaking her head. " Oh Sehun. The one you kept looking at. "

Sejeong pouted, unsure of what to say. " Aish- Never mind, let's just go shopping! " 

And so the two best friends spent the day together as if they've been apart for ages despite just returning from a holiday.

The next few days they did not spend time together, deciding to just take a rest at home. Sejeong, however, just wanted to go out and walk around. After putting on a hoodie and some jeans, she grabbed her handphone and wallet and walked to the living room. She should probably tell her aunt she was going out. 

" Aunt! " the girl cries out from the living room, " I'm going out for a while! I'm done packing for school so it's fine, right? " she puts on her shoes, getting ready to go. " Okay, be back home before dinner! " her aunt replies, shouting from the kitchen.

She peeked at the kitchen and nodded back, " Alright! "

Sejeong wanted to have some alone time with herself, since today was the last day of the holidays before school starts. She walked aimlessly, though a few minutes later she ended up at the cafe.

Seeing the familiar face of the girl at the cashier, she greeted her.

" Hey. Why did you leave so suddenly that day? " The girl tilted her head, curious. " The usual ice americano, please. "

The girl nodded, typing in her order. " Well, I just-- I wasn't used to seeing the cafe that crowded, you know. " Sejeong shrugged, taking out her wallet to slot in her credit card. The girl slowly nodded, understanding what she meant. " Ah... Yeah, you don't usually pop in that early. It's wild how those girls get up that early just to see them here.  " She shook her head, evidently confused by the situation. " Your pin, please. " 

Sejeong chuckled, proceeding to enter her pin number, " Right? And my best friend said the boys were from our school. School is going to be hectic now that they're there. " The girl's mouth made an 'o' upon hearing that. " I didn't know you went to the same school as me! That's cool. Also, we never exchanged names before. " 

" You're also from there? I'm Sejeong. " The other girl tapped on the screen a few times and printed the receipt for her. " Mina. It's on the receipt if you ever forget. " She laughs handing over the receipt to her. Sejeong smiled and nodded at her before gesturing at the waiting area. Mina nodded back at her and Sejeong proceeded to wait for her drink while she served other customers. 

Whilst waiting, Sejeong thought of what to do afterwards. To walk around or just sit down and use her phone? Well, it wouldn't hurt to just window shop while drinking her iced americano. And so she grabbed her drink and bid goodbye to Mina before leaving the cafe. 

To her surprise, the streets were much more crowded than usual today. Or maybe it was because she decided to window shop at a slightly more crowded place. The street she went to was popular for its bargains and variety of items. She was idly walking and looking at the different items, accidentally bumping into a few people. 

I'm scared for my iced americano's life. She sighs, shielding her drink by clutching it near her tummy. After a while, she decided to walk out of the crowded area and exit the street. It's probably safe to drink now. 

Sejeong heaved a relieved sigh too early- the moment she held her drink out, a boy popped out of the corner,  accidentally bumping straight into her hand holding the drink. The cup was pressed against his chest, but the motion of it made the coffee spill onto his shirt. And he was wearing a white shirt.

Damn, where is he trying to go in a rush?  Sejeong thought, before widening her eyes at the outcome of the accident, looking up and down at his shirt. Panicking, she waved her hands around and bowed, " I'm sorry! You were turning in so fast and- " The boy held a hand up at her.

Taking in a deep breath, " It's fine. " the boy said, his nostrils slightly flaring. Taking a good look at his face, he looked familiar. Sejeong tilted her head at him, staring a little intensely without a word. 

The boy waved his hands in front of her face, trying to get her attention. " Hello, weirdo? " This made her snap out of her thoughts. " Ah--Sorry! " she bows again. " Wh-What can I do to, um, apologise? " she looks at the coffee stain on his shirt, pouting at the mess she made. 

He sighed, looking at her from head to toe, as if analyzing her. " Never mind. Just be careful next time, " He gives a last glance before walking off. Sejeong stares at his tall, model-like figure walking away, a confused frown on her face. He seemed like he wanted to say something but decided not to. 

She was just glad the boy was nice enough to let her off without having to pay for his shirt. A few good seconds later, his figure quickly disappeared into the distance. Now staring at the empty cup in her coffee stained hand, she shook her head and tossed it into the nearest bin. " Time to head home, " she muttered to herself. 

 

 


 

And that is it for this week's update! Do y'all know who it was at the end? I mean it's pretty obvious but we gotta act like we don't remember because it has been a few days. Till the next update!