Home

Always, have been and will forever be.

1st Jan 2:01:15 PM at Incheon Airport,

" Dear! Finally you're back! "

" Oh, go safely and come back soon.. "

The airport was busy with people sending friends and family off and those waiting for them to come back. Sobs and tears could be heard from those not wanting to let their family members or loved ones go.

Yet, there was no one to welcome Sejeong back except for her dear aunt, Hyojoo.

Sejeong had just arrived a few minutes ago and she was already walking out of the arrival hall. She was stretching and constantly mumbling to herself about the ride, earning a look from the girl beside her.

Hana eyed her as she walked alongside her, frowning. " Geesh, Sejeong. Get a hold of yourself. You're young yet you're complaining like an old lady! "

Sejeong and her best friend, Hana, have been neighbours since she was three and have done almost everything together. Thus explaining why she was walking out of the airport with Hana's family.

They had invited Sejeong along for a holiday to which she graciously accepted. There was never any awkwardness because Hana's parents have come to treat Sejeong like their second daughter.

Hana looked at her best friend again. " So, are you going home straight? " she raised a brow. She was hoping she'd come over and not just stay at home but the long flight probably tired her out.

Sejeong nodded, " Yeah. School is starting in a few days. Wouldn't hurt to prepare for it, you know? " she shrugged as the two exited the building, along with Hana's parents. After loading her luggage into her neighbour's car, she sat at the back, beside her best friend.

" You're so beautiful, beautiful, " A song came on, signalling a call. Digging into her pocket, she grabbed her phone before swiftly sliding the screen after.

" Hello? "

Silence.

Just as Sejeong was about to end the call, the familiar, loud cheery voice of her aunt stops her.

" Dear! Welcome back, I missed you so bad! "

The girl had the phone away from her ear, surprised at the sudden outburst. " Oh gosh aunt, you'll kill my ears. I missed you too. " She could imagine her aunt's reaction as she asked, " Well, are you reaching home soon? "

" Yes, I'm with the neighbours, we're reaching in a while. On the other hand, did you, uh, cook, already? " Sejeong asked, feeling slightly shy at the question.

Unexpectedly, her aunt erupts in a hearty laughter. " Of course, dear! As soon as you reach home, we'll eat. " She was about to hang up with a 'goodbye' until she realised that her aunt meant she hasn't eaten while waiting for her.

" Aunt, you didn't eat while waiting for me? I've told you so many times - "

Hyojoo cuts her off with a laugh, " Don't worry, it's worth waiting for you. Anyways, hurry up and come home, okay? I'll see you at home, I love you! "

The call ends before she could say anything else to her aunt.

Sejeong facepalmed herself, feeling slightly guilty. " This aunt.. " she mutters. Not long after the call, the car stops in front of her house. Sejeong soon bid her neighbours goodbye once they had helped bring out her luggage and walked to the front door.

The minute she unlocked the door, Hyojoo was standing in front of her with a bright smile on her face. She immediately lunged at her niece with a bear hug. Sejeong chuckles at her aunt's actions and returned the hug. " You terribly missed me, didn't you? "

Hyojoo nodded, patting her back strongly. " I did. I really did. " There was a hint of loneliness in her voice and Sejeong felt bad that her aunt couldn't tag along for the holiday trip. She had some work and just couldn't take a week off. After a minute of hugging her niece, the two finally sat down for dinner.

The different dishes on the table simply showed how much effort was put in while waiting for Sejeong to come back home. They were all her favourites. Of course, she indulged in every single dish and completely polished her plate. Hyojoo beams in satisfaction. She was happy that her niece ate so well and enjoyed the food she made.

" I'll go up and prepare the things needed for school, okay? Thanks for dinner. " Sejeong informs her as she finished washing her plate and set it aside. She saw her aunt nod in acknowledgement before walking off. Sometimes, she wondered if she should talk to her about how she was holding up.

Then again, she was scared that her aunt would feel uncomfortable talking about it. Maybe she should just wait until she feels comfortable enough. Sejeong heads to her room, starting to sort out the books and materials she was going to bring to school next week. Yes, it was going to be her first day in school next week and it was her first year.

Expectations and goals for the new year started to make her nervous. Was it going to be easy? Will she be able to cope with her studies? She hoped so. What about love? That was definitely out of the question. No way was she going to get involved with love in her first year.

Sighing, she shook the thoughts out of her head as she put in the last book into her bag. It's going to be okay. There's nothing to worry about. And so she fell asleep quite early that night.

The next morning, the familiar tune of her ringtone woke her up. " Careless, careless, shoot! Anonymous, anony - " The ringtone stops.

Sejeong picks up her phone, fumbling with the screen half awake. After what seemed like a minute, she finally slides the answer button across the screen. Mustering her energy, she managed to greet the caller. " Hello? "

" Sejeong ah! " the loud voice of her best friend blasts through the phone without even having to press the loudspeaker button.

Without waiting for a reply, she continued, " Let's go out today! I'm sure you finished preparing for school, so let's go! " She was purposely making her voice all high pitched and cute. It made Sejeong frown. Why did she have to plead with such a voice?

Sighing, Sejeong gave in without much thought. " Okay, okay. Just come here and wait in my living room. " She hangs up the call and plants her face back into her pillow, taking in the comfort of it. Ever so slowly, she sat up from her bed and started walking to the toilet.

She did the basic morning routine with the exception of being quick and finished dressing up into some comfortable clothes. She could already hear her best friend's voice from her room. Seems like Hana's really excited for something. As soon as Sejeong walked down the stairs, Hana grabbed her hand and she was being dragged away.

" What the - Hana! " Her voice was covered by Hana's giggles of excitement. She rolled her eyes, knowing that she couldn't do anything. Spotting her aunt in the kitchen, she quickly yells out to her. " Aunt, I'll see you later! "

Then the two girls were standing outside of the front door, Sejeong locking the gate ever so slowly. " You're so hyper today. What's up? "

Hana gave a small giggle. It almost seemed creepy. She started, " Well, you know - "

" I don't. " Hana rolls her eyes but continues.

" EXO, the kingkas* of our new school are always having breakfast at this particular cafe. "

Sejeong raised a brow, giving her a who-the-hell-is-that look. " EXO! They're EXO! There's twelve of them, Krisus. " Hana sighs in disbelief at her best friend's lack of knowledge. Still giving her the same look, Sejeong spoke, " Kris...us? What in the Americanosus is that? " This time, Hana returns the look at her.

" Your 'Americanosus' is far more weirder, okay? The two have the similar concept. "

" My Americanosus is better.. "

Ignoring her remark, Hana continued, " Anyways, they're the group of kingkas from our new school and they are gorgeous. We have to see them. " Sejeong finally finished locking up the gate and the two girls were walking off with Hana leading the way. " So, is it the usual cafe that we go to? " She was hoping it wasn't the same cafe.

" Yes! " Hana beams, much to her best friend's dissatisfaction. Oh god. Great.

Before Sejeong could make an excuse to get away from whatever her best friend was screaming about, the cafe was in sight. It was really near, actually. To add on to that, the firm grip on Sejeong's hand kept her from going anywhere. A squeeze to her hand made her groan in realisation.

" We're here! " 

 


 

Kingkas/Queenkas: Those who are best known for their good looks.