Chapter 1

Death's Guide to Seducing Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I

 

Soyeon was having a miserable day.

She sat slumped over her throne with her fingers pressed to her temples, trying in vain to banish the beastly headache that had been plaguing her since daybreak with sheer force of will.

It didn't work.

'My Queen!'

Soyeon stifled a groan. Couldn't she have some quiet, just for a few minutes?

'What is it?'

'A situation has arisen in the entry lines, a scuffle between two souls that has now become a brawl. It is impeding the interrogations and the judges are not pleased.'

Great. Now she had to go and scare some sense into those idiots.

 

II

 

'Anything else?'

The messenger cringed.

Soyeon sighed.

'Spit it out.'

'My lady, there is word that a new war is being waged in the mortal realm - my source says Asia Minor. The gods of war are frustrated that the dead are being left unattended. No rites, no funerals, and no one collecting the souls. They're quite angry.'

'I see.'

The messenger knotted his fingers together anxiously. He was sweating, despite the near freezing temperature of the room.

She pitied him. Poor thing looked like he was going to wet himself any minute. And all of this mess wasn't his fault, anyway. He was just the scaredy little lamb sent to the slaughter.

 

III

 

'All right, you can go. I'll take care of it.'

The messenger bowed gratefully before slinking out of the throne room, breaking into a sprint as soon as he turned into the corridor.

Soyeon groaned and sunk further into her seat. Her throne was made of cold basalt and twisting bone, inlaid with veins of gold and glittering semi precious stones. Made to charm the eye and intimidate the hearts of lesser men, which it did, without fault.

Unfortunately, at the end of the day, it was sorely uncomfortable to sit on.

An ai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter