Waiting - Kkuchaen

The World of Cherry

Walking towards their van after finishing their vlive, Sakura can’t help but glance at the now quiet Chaeyeon. “Did you wait long?” She asked, interrupting the other girl from her thoughts.

Chaeyeon shakes her head and proceeds to hold Sakura’s hand just to feel a bit warmer against the biting cold of the building. After being roommates, their affection with each other have doubled that even something simple such as holding hands is normal for them now. Although of course, Chaeyeon can’t help the heat rising to her cheeks whenever Sakura intertwines their fingers- like puzzles fitting each other.

The comfortable silence between them carries over until they were inside the van and is finally going home. Sakura leans against the window and sighs as fatigue washes over her. Chaeyeon also stretches her legs and arms before leaning onto Sakura’s shoulder, feeling content.

“You know, you were so cool earlier. With the Mulan costume.” Sakura says, breaking the silence as she plays with the hand she was holding earlier.

“The sword was a nice touch but you were also beautiful earlier.” If Chaeyeon noticed that Sakura’s heart beat got a little bit faster from the compliment, she just didn’t say anything and instead teases the older girl with her joke about Aurora.

Sakura whines from the teasing but doesn’t stop playing with the hand nor moved away in fear of jostling the head that was still on her shoulder. After all, she knows Chaeyeon is tired from their showcase today. Both of them are, so Sakura just lets Chaeyeon laugh all she want because of her now flushed face (definitely from the teases and not from the compliment), reads the text message updating her of her food delivery, and just sits there feeling content and happy whenever she’s with Chaeyeon.

“Hey, Chaeyeon?”

“Hmm?”

“Thanks for waiting for me.”

 


KkuChaen giving us so much content this week, I'm loving it!

Also, IZ*One finally back in vlive!! Thank you Lee Chaeyeon for the kkuchaen vlive we all need.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!